Windows 10: Loose microUSB connection causes Explorer window to keep taking focus

Discus and support Loose microUSB connection causes Explorer window to keep taking focus in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My mobile phone has a bad microUSB connection, possibly caused by an accumulation of dirt I can't remove or the fatigue and misshaping of metal or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Oct 7, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Loose microUSB connection causes Explorer window to keep taking focus

My mobile phone has a bad microUSB connection, possibly caused by an accumulation of dirt I can't remove or the fatigue and misshaping of metal or plastics. The result is that when I plug my phone into my PC and set it on my desk, the next five minutes whilst the cable adjusts to its final position results in constant disappearance and reappearance (stealing focus each time, making computer use unpleasant) of the MS Windows Explorer window showing me my phone's contents. How do I stop the window from stealing focus each time and stop the annoying accompany sounds signalling the constant disconnects and connects.

:)

THX1138, Oct 7, 2017
  2. techiegz Win User

My Samsung Focus takes a very long time to charge

Indeed, the Focus has a standard MicroUSB. The problem is that there are different types of MicroUSB and there is no specific requirement for OEMs to use only one for uniformity. This sucks;USB - Wikipedia

The Focus tends to use a MicroUSB while the more common ones on the HTC Tilt/Tilt2, etc is MiniUSB.

techiegz, Oct 7, 2017
  3. techiegz Win User
    My Samsung Focus takes a very long time to charge

If it is a "standard" MicroUSB port on the Focus, then why wouldn't the MicroUSB cable form my HTC Tilt, Tilt2 which seems to be the same with those of tons of other phones we have used over the years not fit in the Focus? Or is there more than one type of
    MicroUSB ports?

techiegz, Oct 7, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 7, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    I found on a tablet of mine, the connection was always loose as the actual usb connector on cable was quite short up to the plastic moulding, making a good insertion impossible, as the plastic moulding bumped up against the edge of the tablet.

I looked around and found a cable where the connector was a few millimeters longer, so it could insert more deeply into the socket, and things were fine after that.

Another thing to try is to very gently pinch two flat sides of connector together with pliers (but only fraction of millimeter).

cereberus, Oct 7, 2017
  6. THX1138 Win User
    Thanks for your responses; I will stop the autoplay. Unfortunately the problem is the phone. It applies to every cable plugged into it, both microUSB and microUSB 3.0.

THX1138, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Loose microUSB connection causes Explorer window to keep taking focus - Similar Threads - Loose microUSB connection

2. Desktop Icons loose focus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons loose focus: Windows 11 22H1 22621.1928 Public Release VersionHas anyone else had this problem?I have Icons on the Left and Right side of my desktop. When you hover over them to open, in my case since I have black borders, the Icon gets "highlighted" in gray then I click to open....
  3. Explorer regularly takes focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer regularly takes focus: I have recently built a new PC and I ran Ubuntu just fine but when I use Windows in Windows 10 the explorer opened a second window that took focus and closed after half a second or less with no contents. I upgraded to Windows 11 and now it has been happening less but it still...
  4. Explorer regularly takes focus

Explorer regularly takes focus: I have recently built a new PC and I ran Ubuntu just fine but when I use Windows in Windows 10 the explorer opened a second window that took focus and closed after half a second or less with no contents. I upgraded to Windows 11 and now it has been happening less but it still...
  5. Explorer takes focus regularly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer takes focus regularly: I have recently built a new PC and I ran Ubuntu just fine but when I use Windows in Windows 10 the explorer opened a second window that took focus and closed after half a second or less with mo contents when in windows 11 It has been happening less but it still happens and...
  6. Explorer takes focus regularly

Explorer takes focus regularly: I have recently built a new PC and I ran Ubuntu just fine but when I use Windows in Windows 10 the explorer opened a second window that took focus and closed after half a second or less with mo contents when in windows 11 It has been happening less but it still happens and...
  7. Explorer takes focus regularly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. WiFi connection, keep loosing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connection, keep loosing: Suddenly I could not connect with my wifi. It connected with my tablet and another computer. When I looked at the little icon at the bottom right next to the battery status icon, instead of the little curved things coming out, it showed a circle that looked something like...
  9. Windows looses focus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows looses focus: I have a issue when at random times, the active window looses focus, even happens in full screen games and whatnot I remember there is a program that will list every program that has been launched or similar, but cant remember the name Even better, does anyone have a better...
  10. pc keeps loosing connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pc keeps loosing connection: Hello, I am currently running windows 10 and I am having a connection issue. I will be gaming/streaming fine for a few hours then all of a sudden I loose connection for literally a split second. It's so fast that when I go to click on my network icon in the task bar it...