Windows 10: Loosing Ethernet Only When my PC Goes To Sleep

Discus and support Loosing Ethernet Only When my PC Goes To Sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay so I stated, I keep loosing Ethernet Connection ONLY when my PC goes to sleep for Example: (I leave my PC on and go somewhere for about an hour or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ryan94, May 22, 2017.

1. Ryan94 Win User

Loosing Ethernet Only When my PC Goes To Sleep

Okay so I stated, I keep loosing Ethernet Connection ONLY when my PC goes to sleep for Example: (I leave my PC on and go somewhere for about an hour or something the PC goes to sleep mode after 30 minutes) so every time this happens I loose my Ethernet Connection... but it always comes back about 5 minutes after it wakes up, it acts as if the Ethernet gets un plugged during it's "Sleep Period" and then when I move the mouse or something the Ethernet is gone but I have noticed almost as if the Ethernet Connection is asleep and comes on after the PC wakes up if that makes any sense.

Hopefully I posted this in the Correct place on this Forum.

:)

Ryan94, May 22, 2017

2. Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration

I'm back,, Every time my pc goes to sleep or I log out or sign out I loose my Ethernet connection. I have to restart my pc to get internet service to my pc. The trouble shooting=Ethernet does not have a valid
    ip configuration also the default gateway is not available

I did not have this problem before I did my windows 10 upgrade. please help. restarting my pc every time I want to use it has become very frustrating. thanks

Verneeda Booker, May 22, 2017
  3. Lose Internet Connection after PC Sleeps

I have a DELL XPS Desktop running Windows 10.

Since the Windows updates KB3199986 and KB3197954 on 10/28/2016, every time my PC goes to "sleep" when I wake it up I have the yellow caution sign on my ethernet icon and I am unable to connect to the internet. I have the newest FIOS BHR-4/G1100 router,
    which is working fine. It does NOT lose its connection to the network. The WiFi also stays on.

The error message I get is that there is no TCP/IP Configuration. I click on change adapter settings for the ethernet adapter, step through (don't change anything) the TCP/IP configuration windows (DHCP, DNS, WINS) and then
    it comes back.

Its as if the local DHCP is not working or I am losing my network configuration and when the PC wakes it cannot reconfigure.

I have updated power settings NOT to turn off the ethernet adapter when it goes to sleep.

As long as I am working my connection is fine. The minute the PC goes to sleep it is gone. Verizon claims not their problem. I'm not sure what to do next.

barbarabrenkworth, May 22, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

That is a part of the S3 state when you allow it to go to sleep.

bro67, May 22, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @Ryan94

Have you got the Creators Update? After I upgraded to 1703 I had a similar problem with my WiFi not reconnecting when resuming from hibernation. The fix was the opposite of what you might reasonably expect...

Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Loosing Ethernet Only When my PC Goes To Sleep - Similar Threads - Loosing Ethernet Goes

2. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  3. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  4. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I lock my PC my pressing Windows key+L PC locks and goes to login screen but my monitor goes to sleep less than 1 minuter. Is there any option to extend time for sleep? Help!...
  5. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I lock my PC my pressing Windows key+L PC locks and goes to login screen but my monitor goes to sleep less than 1 minuter. Is there any option to extend time for sleep? Help!...
  6. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC Goes To Sleep Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Goes To Sleep Automatically: Hi, I need a little help with my pc. Recently I have been having a problem with my laptop going into sleep mode randomly even if I'm using it at the moment it happens. Sometimes it happens, once I turn it on, it doesn't happen anymore for a few minutes. But sometimes it goes...
  8. PC reboots when ever it goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC reboots when ever it goes to sleep.: Ever since an update in February 2021, whenever my laptop goes into sleep mode and you try to wake it up it reboots. In the event log, I get these errors The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 0x0000000000000000, 0xffff9a0f010e9028,...
  9. Ethernet Adapter looses connectivity after PC enters Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Adapter looses connectivity after PC enters Sleep Mode: Hi, I recently upgraded to a new PC. When PC wakes from sleep the internet is initially disabled and I have to wait for it to come back on. Furthermore, when the PC sleeps I loose all power to my USB devices, and cannot wake the PC with the mouse or keyboard. I must press...
  10. loosing ethernet connection on sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    loosing ethernet connection on sleep: Soooo ... I have read a lot of posts on this subject but still not found an answer. I have 4 computers networked together .... two windows 7 units, one linux unit and one windows 10 unit. The problem is with the windows 10 unit. When it goes to sleep, I loose my...