Windows 10: Lose small icon setting after power off

Discus and support Lose small icon setting after power off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can set icon size and text size no trouble, but every time I sign in again after a shut down the icons and text have reverted to defaults. I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chrisonwin10, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Lose small icon setting after power off

I can set icon size and text size no trouble, but every time I sign in again after a shut down the icons and text have reverted to defaults. I think this has only happened after an automatic update of the Nvidia driver and on the same occasion I found non-administrator accounts were unable to sign in until I downloaded the Group Policy Client service .msi . Anyone any idea how I can keep my icons set to small so I can keep them arranged as I wish?

:)

chrisonwin10, Sep 22, 2015

2. What (if any) are the drawbacks/downside) of Performing a Clean Boot on my computer to fix computer from hanging after a Restart?

Hello,

Please advise... what (if any) are the drawbacks/downside) of Performing a "Clean Boot" of Win 10 Pro, to fix recurring STOP (Blue Screen) after "EVERY" Restart of my computer? Will I lose any desktop icons, settings, files, data, etc.?

I keep having to power-on and power-off my computer to get it to work normally after "every" Restart. Thanks!

Benny Perales, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Unable to login - Windows 10!

Hi Puneet,

It seems that the power option setting to turn off the hard disk after being idle is turned on. You can check this by going into Power Options.

Here's how:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Control Panel.
    • In Control Panel, change the View by to Small icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Click on Change plan settings on whichever preferred plan is selected.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.

Kindly update us on what you see in Power Options.

Patricia Yu, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

Lose small icon setting after power off

1. Lose small icon setting after power off - Similar Threads - Lose small icon

2. lose icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lose icon: Why my icon did not show in regular image, it shows white folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lose-icon/836002a4-6203-4d33-b697-d40ff4c5bd98
  3. Lose icon setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lose icon setting: Why my icon setting is gone???, Can someone explain to me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lose-icon-setting/7343c1cb-3001-444e-9b15-5712d6179184
  4. Lose icon setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lose icon setting: Why my icon setting is gone???, Can someone explain to me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lose-icon-setting/7343c1cb-3001-444e-9b15-5712d6179184
  5. Lose icon setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Custom icons set to "large" revert to small after some time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom icons set to "large" revert to small after some time.: So, I like to set my own icons for some apps on my PC. Some of these are games, which are in a seperate folder, and usually set to a large icons view. However, when I set my custom icons, after a certain time, it's size resets. The custom icon remains, but it acts as if the...
  7. Power off settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power off settings: Why does my laptop automatically power off when I unplug it? How can I change that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-settings/a60dc866-b5b5-4326-92b4-ca0b0e9ff66d
  8. small taskbar icons off center

small taskbar icons off center: Notice that the taskbar buttons are floating just a bit above the bottom. Has anyone seen a bug like this before? It just started happening today after an update. I am using small taskbar buttons and the taskbar is as low as it can go. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. settings, turn system icon on off, power button is not functional it is turned off...

settings, turn system icon on off, power button is not functional it is turned off...: Hi, In Windows 10, settings, turn system icon on off, the power button is not functional it is turned off permanently, please help, cannot put battery icon on my taskbar...
  10. Power icon unavailable in TaskBar, Settings on/off toggle is grey

Power icon unavailable in TaskBar, Settings on/off toggle is grey: I can't get my system icon for POWER (battery level) to show in Task Bar. and in Settings that option toggle is grey. Just tried internal Help, to no avail. Inspiron 15 3567, Windows 10 Home....