Windows 10: lose wifi connection when enabling bluetooth. Any fix ?

Discus and support lose wifi connection when enabling bluetooth. Any fix ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a brand new HP laptop that came with Windows 10 home installed on it. I have downloaded and applied all updates from MS. I use a Wi-Fi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JustRay, Nov 22, 2015.

1. JustRay Win User

lose wifi connection when enabling bluetooth. Any fix ?

I have a brand new HP laptop that came with Windows 10 home installed on it.
    I have downloaded and applied all updates from MS.

I use a Wi-Fi connection to my Time Warner router.
    I have everything setup and things seem to be running fine.

Here's the deal.

I thought I would try and use my blue tooth external speaker. (Just to see what would happen.)
    Sooooo.

I enabled Bluetooth.
    Start\Settings\Devices\Bluetooth.
    After I move the slider (so the status reads (On), ....

I see a message that reads "Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices".

Two things happen:
    The "search" never seems to end.

And I lose WI-Fi connectivity.

I finally, move the Bluetooth slider to the "Off" position and my Wi-Fi connectivity returns.

I "do" see my external speaker.
    And it does work. (As long as "Bluetooth" is enabled.)

But of course, I then have no Internet connectivity and THAT becomes an issue for me.

Any ideas or suggestions as to what I may need to do, would be greatly appreciated.

in Wisconsin

:)

JustRay, Nov 22, 2015

2. Problematic Bluetooth and Camera settings on Windows Phone 7/Samsung Omnia 7

There seems to be a bug where if wifi is enabled, bluetooth stops working reliably (if at all). This also affects bluetooth A2DP streaming. So when wifi is disabled - you lose Zune pass streaming - unless you have a good 3G signal. Not sure if Microsoft
    are working to fix this.

digitalgeekuk, Nov 22, 2015
  3. thidercom Win User
    I lose Bluetooth audio whenever I connect to Wifi

Interestingly, whenever I connect to Wifi, while using my Bluetooth headphones, I lose sound but my PC shows that my Bluetooth is still connected.

I'm using Windows 10. I've set my Wifi as a metered connection. How do I fix this? thanks...

thidercom, Nov 22, 2015
  4. KJax Win User

The first thing to do is check for driver updates, and make sure they are the correct drivers for your hardware. Bluetooth/Wireless drivers are usually downloaded as a package, so it might make sense that they effect each other.

5. JustRay Win User
    And THAT makes sense as well.

I'll look into that next.

Thanks for the advice.

JustRay, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. lose wifi connection when enabling bluetooth. Any fix ? - Similar Threads - lose wifi connection

2. Printer loses wifi connection when restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer loses wifi connection when restarted: I'm running windows 10 home. Epson WF3820 printer. My ISP is Spectrum. They said there is nothing wrong with the router. When I shut down the printer and turn it back on the Home screen shows a red x for wifi . WiFi disconnected I thought this would work from the printer...
  3. Printer loses wifi connection when restarted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer loses wifi connection when restarted: I'm running windows 10 home. Epson WF3820 printer. My ISP is Spectrum. They said there is nothing wrong with the router. When I shut down the printer and turn it back on the Home screen shows a red x for wifi . WiFi disconnected I thought this would work from the printer...
  4. Printer loses wifi connection when restarted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. When bluetooth enabled then warning about wifi connectivity appears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When bluetooth enabled then warning about wifi connectivity appears: When I enable bluetooth connection for calling directly from Windows, then warning about WiFi connection appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-bluetooth-enabled-then-warning-about-wifi/f57ecb39-d8b7-42d8-86d3-ef31f5977597
  6. When bluetooth enabled then warning about wifi connectivity appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When bluetooth enabled then warning about wifi connectivity appears: When I enable bluetooth connection for calling directly from Windows, then warning about WiFi connection appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-bluetooth-enabled-then-warning-about-wifi/f57ecb39-d8b7-42d8-86d3-ef31f5977597
  7. Losing WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing WiFi connection: Hello, I have an Asus Vivobook laptop, running on Windows 10, and I’ve recently started having problems with the WiFI. When I switch it on, I’m connected to my network. I use the internet and less than 5 minutes later, the signal drops out. When I go on to the networks...
  8. Losing wifi connection

Losing wifi connection: Both my laptop and PC with windows 10 have been are struggling to with connecting to wifi. It was a few weeks ago after a windows 10 update I started noticing the problem. Try contacting Microsoft tech support and they keep promising a level 2 tech support person will contact...
  9. Frequently lose the WiFi connection

Frequently lose the WiFi connection: Several times a day, the wireless connection on my Windows 10 laptop will suddenly stop working. If I check my WiFi, it tells me that there are no wireless networks, although there should be multiple strong signals. Running the troubleshooter solves the problem after giving...
  10. Slow WiFi when Bluetooth is enabled

Slow WiFi when Bluetooth is enabled: Hi all Having some issues here. I have an Intel wireless adapter AC 7265 with the latest drivers in my Lenovo X1 Carbon. For some reason, I'm having major issues with WiFi speeds when my Intel Bluetooth device is enabled. My Bluetooth device has the latest drivers as well....