Windows 10: lose wifi when back from sleep mode

Discus and support lose wifi when back from sleep mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; title says it. every time I turn on the computer, my wifi is always there. when I come back from sleep mode, it is not. no wifi options are available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimlau, Sep 4, 2015.

1. jimlau Win User

lose wifi when back from sleep mode

title says it. every time I turn on the computer, my wifi is always there. when I come back from sleep mode, it is not. no wifi options are available in the network section.

it is not signal strength. I had a slight USB issue, but as I said, I always get wifi when I turn it on, so seems any USB issue would show up when I boot either way..

any idea why this is? is the power surge to the USB ports the same whether you boot from off versus from sleep? is coming back from sleep different somehow than powering up from off?

thanks.

:)

jimlau, Sep 4, 2015

2. lose wifi when waking from sleep mode with windows 10

Hi Jeffrey,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Network Troubleshooter. Either search for it in the Search or run it by following the link below.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

• Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates.
    • Check for drivers for the network adapter.
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • netsh winsock reset
    Also try to restart the DNS service.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on
      Run.
    • Type services.msc. Click on Ok.
    • Then find DNS client. Right-click on it toStop it and Restart it.
    If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 4, 2015
  3. lose wifi when waking from sleep mode with windows 10

I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my PC and every time I wake my computer up from the sleep mode, I have no internet connection and can not restore the connection. I have to restart and then it connects normally. I have never had this problem with the previous
    version of Windows.

Thanks for any help

Jeffrey

JeffreyCardona, Sep 4, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hi,

You need to post up what laptop/pc model, what hardware is involved, router, how everything is connected and what settings are currently being used for your connections and windows power options. Also include your power settings in your bios.

Thanks *Smile

WhyMe, Sep 4, 2015
  5. linw Win User
    Got to Device Manager/ Network adapters and dbl click the wireless adapter. Click on the Power Management tab and if the Allow the computer to turn it off is checked, uncheck it then see if this makes any difference.

linw, Sep 5, 2015
  6. jimlau Win User
    worked. thanks!

jimlau, Sep 6, 2015
  7. Keager Win User
    I am also having the same issue, but the power management tab is not there. Also Win 10 Pro on an Acer T200ta. Business setting, on a domain.

Keager, Jan 25, 2016
  8. lose wifi when back from sleep mode

njcomputermedic, Jul 13, 2016
  9. WaterCat Win User
    Broadcom Wireless SDIO adapter (driver 5.93.102.19) does not have a power management tab. *Sad

WaterCat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. lose wifi when back from sleep mode - Similar Threads - lose wifi sleep

2. My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...: My laptop runs Windows 11 now, but it had the same issue back when it had Windows 10.When I close my laptop's lid, it goes into sleep mode as expected. If I open the lid after a short while, it resumes normally.However, if I close the lid and open it again after some period...
  3. My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...: My laptop runs Windows 11 now, but it had the same issue back when it had Windows 10.When I close my laptop's lid, it goes into sleep mode as expected. If I open the lid after a short while, it resumes normally.However, if I close the lid and open it again after some period...
  4. Wifi in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi in sleep mode: How do I keep wifi on when the laptop is in sleep mode? I am using windows 10 Home 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-in-sleep-mode/50e727f8-df52-4772-9de6-d9cfca13608e
  5. computer disconnects from wifi in sleep mode

computer disconnects from wifi in sleep mode: my laptop disconnects from the wi fi in sleep mode, I turned off powersave. still disconnects. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-disconnects-from-wifi-in-sleep-mode/9a44da1f-d8c6-4b74-90f0-5c7e2aacf041
  6. Black screen when coming back from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen when coming back from sleep mode: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and the last two days I've had issues when coming back to the laptop after closing the lid and putting it into sleep mode. When I reopen the lid and press a button on the keyboard everything lights up like normal and starts running- except the...
  7. Sleep Mode coming back on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep Mode coming back on: I have a 5 year old desk computer with windows 10. I have a Brothers printer MFC-L2740DW, which is an all in one type printer, connected to the home network. If I put the computer on sleep mode in about 15 seconds the computer comes back on by itself. what happens is the...
  8. Frequent stop 0x10e when bringing computer back from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent stop 0x10e when bringing computer back from sleep mode: Ever since I got my computer, one year ago, I get a blue screen error one out of ~5 times (5 is an approximated number) I bring my computer back from sleep mode. The stop error is always "0x10E: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL". I've already updated windows multiple...
  9. BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode: Hello, Ever since I upgraded to W10 Pro (from W8.1 Pro) my PC has started bluescreening when resuming from Sleep. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT is the most common one, and the only one that has occured so far after upgrade to Build 10586 (upgraded 2015-11-13). BSODs...
  10. Lose connection when sleep

Lose connection when sleep: Hey, same problem here, but with lan connection. Allow to Sleep in device manager is Unticked. What else I can do? What about those settings? [img] I've checked powercfg and Intel Ethernet Device is there wake programmable. Hope this info help to you..I'm not...