Windows 10: Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot

Discus and support Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As soon as I log off or reboot the VM W10 loses the double height taskbar. Is there a trick? I tried both small and normal taskbar icons. Also I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MilesAhead, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot

As soon as I log off or reboot the VM W10 loses the double height taskbar. Is there a trick? I tried both small and normal taskbar icons. Also I have that jazz in the lower right corner of the desktop eval version etc. even though it says Windows Is Activated.

It's English W10 x86

I'm using latest VMPlayer.
    Any hints?

:)

MilesAhead, Oct 10, 2014

2. Creators Update forgets taskbar settings

Since the upgrade my double-height Taskbar (dragged it upwards to resize) always reverts to standard height when I power-up / reboot. Any suggestions welcome Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot :)

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Androsupial, Oct 10, 2014
  3. Galendorf Win User
    Taskbar won't remember settings of two line vs single line

Uninstalling Creative update and checking taskbar works as expected. Installed Creative update again and taskbar reduces itself by one with each reboot. I tried an experiment and set the taskbar to 5 high, with each reboot the taskbar reduced its height
    by 1. So basically I set it to 5 high and upon reboot it came back up at 4 high. I rebooted again and it came backup at 3 high and so on down to single height.

Galendorf, Oct 10, 2014
  4. Kari Win User

Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot

5. MilesAhead, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot

1. Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot - Similar Threads - Loses double height

2. Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?: See the attached image. I have not done any changes and this just appeared. The image spans both of my desktops. I would like to reset the taskbar height on the right desktop down to it's original size....
  3. Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?: See the attached image. I have not done any changes and this just appeared. The image spans both of my desktops. I would like to reset the taskbar height on the right desktop down to it's original size....
  4. Small black line at taskbar height

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Small black line at taskbar height: Dear Microsoft community,I recently bought a second monitor and after playing some Elden Ring this issue tends to worsen after playing this game OR it's just a coincidence I got a thin black line in my taskbar. It's the same problem as here:...
  5. Small black line at taskbar height

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small black line at taskbar height: Dear Microsoft community,I recently bought a second monitor and after playing some Elden Ring this issue tends to worsen after playing this game OR it's just a coincidence I got a thin black line in my taskbar. It's the same problem as here:...
  6. Lower the taskbar height (Win10)

Lower the taskbar height (Win10): I want to lower the taskbar height (default is 1 and I want something like 0.6) but not the icons. I want to use the taskbar on the left side, but when I do the wide of it is more than what's necessary. it looks very bad. is there any way to tweak the value from Registry...
  7. Lower the taskbar height (Win10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Lower the taskbar height (Win10): I want to lower the taskbar height (default is 1 and I want something like 0.6) but not the icons. I want to use the taskbar on the left side, but when I do the wide of it is more than what's necessary. it looks very bad. is there any way to tweak the value from Registry...
  8. Taskbar double the normal height after adding 4k tv as monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar double the normal height after adding 4k tv as monitor?: So I recently added a 4k tv as a third monitor to my system. Since then, my taskbar has been changed to double its normal height. The first and second monitors are 1920x1080 and the third(tv) is 4096x2160. The taskbar on the second monitor is fine but on the first and third...
  9. Windows 10 resets taskbar height to level 1 after reboot

Windows 10 resets taskbar height to level 1 after reboot: Hi all, Hopefully someone can help me out. .I am really frustrated with my taskbar right now and have no idea how to fix it. I have my taskbar settings set for the height to be 2 levels… BUT every time I start up my PC.. it is set back to 1 level and I have to redo it every...
  10. Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot

Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot: I like to have my taskbar on double height and auto-hiding. But after every reboot, it gets set back to single height. Locking the taskbar in the registry doesn't help. I have scanned my current version for corrupted files and found none. In the past, it was never a...