Windows 10: Losing 'always display' notification icons

Discus and support Losing 'always display' notification icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever something refreshes my taskbar (seems to happen a lot with 10) I lose the icons I have set to 'always display', the only way to get them back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pjd, Aug 13, 2015.

1. PJD
    pjd Win User

Losing 'always display' notification icons

Whenever something refreshes my taskbar (seems to happen a lot with 10) I lose the icons I have set to 'always display', the only way to get them back is to stop and start the programs or restart Windows - flipping the switches has no effect!!!

Any ideas how to fix?
    If MS is listening - Not being able to customise the notification panel from itself is another retrograde step, by all means have it all the settings centralised; but where it makes sense also have particular settings available from the functions that they directly effect - as this was under Win 7!

:)

2. Jan Del Win User

How can I get Windows 10 to show all notification icons in a row?

Hi,

To display all the notification icons on taskbar, please follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Time and date display.
    • Select Customize notification icons.
    • Under Notification area, click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Under Always show all icons in the notification area, click the switch on.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 13, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    texting notification

Use the glance screen and select what notifications you want, like messages. The phone will display the notification on the glance screen, you will not have to turn the phone on to see the notification icon.

settings, glance, always on

Also turn on double tap to wake. This is from the glance screen.

settings, touch

garym123, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Losing 'always display' notification icons

1. Losing 'always display' notification icons - Similar Threads - Losing 'always display'

2. Always show ALL icons in the notification area [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Always show ALL icons in the notification area [Windows 11]: I want Windows to ALWAYS show ALL icons in the notification area by default, which worked as expected until recently. After installing Windows update KB5022913 on 28 February 2023, however, some icons are always hidden in the notification area when I turn on my computer....
  3. lose icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lose icon: Why my icon did not show in regular image, it shows white folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lose-icon/836002a4-6203-4d33-b697-d40ff4c5bd98
  4. lose icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lose icon: Why my icon did not show in regular image, it shows white folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lose-icon/836002a4-6203-4d33-b697-d40ff4c5bd98
  5. lose icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Notification icons not showing in main display.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification icons not showing in main display.: Hi, Today Window started with a slight change and the notification icons are not in my main display but in a secondary one. I´çm pretty sure the Id assignment changed somehow, but the result is that in the screen I use the most, whic I have set as main display in display...
  7. a notification that always comes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    a notification that always comes: hello, i got a virus there is 4 days ago and i deleted it with kaspesky freetime try. and since that virus: i always has a notification saying that i must restart the computer to install "intelr 300 series chipset family lpc controller b360 - a308" but even when i restart,...
  8. How to always display Images as Large icons, and always display Image Dimension on mouse over ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to always display Images as Large icons, and always display Image Dimension on mouse over ?: Hello, I am using Windows 10. When using Explorer for Images, I would like two things : - always display Images as "Large icons" - on such Large icons mouse over, always display Image Dimension I managed to make such display temporarily, but I did not manage to keep it as...
  9. Losing icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing icons: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. I've lost the power level (battery) and the sound level control icons. What do I have to do to get them back? When I try to activate them they're grayed out. Best regards. *Mad 29032
  10. Selecting which notification icons are displayed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Selecting which notification icons are displayed.: In Windows 7 we had the option of selecting which icons were permanently or only displayed when they had a notification in the taskbar. I haven't been able to find where the option is to change the settings in Windows 10, is there one? 14637