Windows 10: Losing 'always display' notification icons

Discus and support Losing 'always display' notification icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever something refreshes my taskbar (seems to happen a lot with 10) I lose the icons I have set to 'always display', the only way to get them back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pjd, Aug 13, 2015.

1. PJD
    pjd Win User

Losing 'always display' notification icons

Whenever something refreshes my taskbar (seems to happen a lot with 10) I lose the icons I have set to 'always display', the only way to get them back is to stop and start the programs or restart Windows - flipping the switches has no effect!!!

Any ideas how to fix?
    If MS is listening - Not being able to customise the notification panel from itself is another retrograde step, by all means have it all the settings centralised; but where it makes sense also have particular settings available from the functions that they directly effect - as this was under Win 7!

:)

2. Jan Del Win User

How can I get Windows 10 to show all notification icons in a row?

Hi,

To display all the notification icons on taskbar, please follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Time and date display.
    • Select Customize notification icons.
    • Under Notification area, click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Under Always show all icons in the notification area, click the switch on.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 13, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    texting notification

Use the glance screen and select what notifications you want, like messages. The phone will display the notification on the glance screen, you will not have to turn the phone on to see the notification icon.

settings, glance, always on

Also turn on double tap to wake. This is from the glance screen.

settings, touch

garym123, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Losing 'always display' notification icons

1. Losing 'always display' notification icons - Similar Threads - Losing 'always display'

2. notification icon

in Windows 10 Support
    notification icon: After a windows 10 update, I can't figure out how to get the speech bubble notification icon to show up on toolbar in right bottom corner. If I swipe up from corner it appears, but I'd like to have the bubble back. 137108
  3. Notification icon will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification icon will not open: When I click on the notification icon in the bottom right of my task bar it will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-icon-will-not-open/91e9ea3b-aa7c-4372-a909-f5c804382e3e
  4. icons on display

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons on display: Hi, I have already tried all suggestions (right click, view, show desktop items) via virtual and even brought the device into Best Buy one month after the purchase.....Best Buy told me it was a software issue and would charge me $199 to fix.....This device was one month...
  5. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  6. Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice: Hi I have Windows 10 v1709 Enterprise 64 bit and I noticed that if, after logging in, I display the Start tab in Task Management, the Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice. Why? Thanks Bye 100059
  7. Asus X550C always losing WIFI randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Asus X550C always losing WIFI randomly: My housemate has an issue with his Asus X550C laptop which I can't solve and it's frustrating. It came with Windows 8.1, and sometimes it would randomly lose internet, such as when waking up from sleep - there would be no WIFI connection. But this wasn't all the time or...
  8. Losing icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing icons: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. I've lost the power level (battery) and the sound level control icons. What do I have to do to get them back? When I try to activate them they're grayed out. Best regards. *Mad 29032
  9. Lockscreen Icons/Notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockscreen Icons/Notifications: Hi there. I find an oddity on my Windows 10 lockcreen. It shows an opened envelope at the bottom left, along with a number that seems to increase. It drives me crazy. Right now it's 99+. In my inbox online there are only 2 messages. There is nothing in any of the other...
  10. Selecting which notification icons are displayed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Selecting which notification icons are displayed.: In Windows 7 we had the option of selecting which icons were permanently or only displayed when they had a notification in the taskbar. I haven't been able to find where the option is to change the settings in Windows 10, is there one? 14637