Windows 10: Losing cookies, autocomplete, etc. upon Win10 reboot

Discus and support Losing cookies, autocomplete, etc. upon Win10 reboot in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It's very strange as I can't seem to find the cause of it. Each time I reboot Win10 I lose all the cookies, the saved passwords, the autocomplete URLs,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by KenWeeth, Sep 5, 2015.

1. KenWeeth Win User

Losing cookies, autocomplete, etc. upon Win10 reboot

It's very strange as I can't seem to find the cause of it. Each time I reboot Win10 I lose all the cookies, the saved passwords, the autocomplete URLs, etc. I have 4 PCs all running Win10 and they're all doing it. Is anyone else having the same problem?

:)

KenWeeth, Sep 5, 2015

2. Changes to Text size gettings restored after reboot

Old title: Text size issue

I have tried to increase the text size (Win10) for all aspects of Windows (task bar, icon, message area, etc.) and after reboot, the settings are gone and I have to redo, log out, and log in and the settings only stay while I'm logged on. Have tried another
    account, changing dpi, and still the settings won't remain - gone upon reboot.

Anyone else have this problem with Win10?

sabrina33541, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Win10 Feature - Application Reopen upon Reboot?

Is it a Win10 feature to reopen running applications at shutdown upon reboot?

AlaskanRogue, Sep 5, 2015
  4. bluesky Win User

Yes, the same thing happens to me. Have been searching for a solution for awhile now but haven't been successful. Anyone else run into this and may perhaps have a solution? thanks

bluesky, Apr 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Losing cookies, autocomplete, etc. upon Win10 reboot - Similar Threads - Losing cookies autocomplete

2. Contacts not autocompleting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contacts not autocompleting.: Some of my contacts are not autocompleting. They do not come up when I start to type in a name. I’ve tried to add new contacts with the same information, but it still won’t come up....
  3. Replace motherboard,etc without losing data - or Win10 license ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace motherboard,etc without losing data - or Win10 license ??: I have a Windows 10 Pro (Windows 10 [Version 6.3.19042]) system here that I am very happy with; all SSDs, including an M.2 NVMe drive for games, excellent video card, tons of USB 3 slots. However, my motherboard is an 8-year-old Gigabyte with Core i7-3820. So I've purchased a...
  4. Losing Connection upon starting applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing Connection upon starting applications: Hello, Recently my computer loses connection upon starting applications such as Substance Painter, Photoshop, ZBrush, etc. I have noticed this only started very recently 2 days perhaps. I have to restart my laptop in order for the issue to resolve itself, only to lose...
  5. Win10 Loses Again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Loses Again: Nothing like auto updates, worse than a virus or ransomware. . Killed my HP, cannot remove KB4023057, might have to do a complete rebuild... it’s not my job to fix Microsoft OS brutal interferences. Maybe I’ll go back to Win7, or Linux. . PS: don’t bother responding with ‘try...
  6. How do I restore Cookies, etc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I restore Cookies, etc: Couple hours ago I went to Settings to delete some items... I mistakenly clicked on the "Cookies and saved website data" button as well, which I should NOT have done! Seems that I have lost some important info and now having much difficulty to access an important website......
  7. reboot loses printer!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reboot loses printer!: Every time I reboot my computer, I'm unable to print from any program (Word, Publisher, etc.). I CAN (finally) print a test page but nothing comes up when doing a File>Print command. I've removed and reloaded the driver. I (finally) see that the printer is default (it was...
  8. email autocomplete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email autocomplete: I changed an email address in People however in Mail the old address keeps coming up first. How do eliminate it so the new correct address comes up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-autocomplete/2ca32f80-3e4b-48cf-b025-2b0d779ba2cb
  9. Huge increase in tracking cookies caused by Win10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Huge increase in tracking cookies caused by Win10: My SUPERAntispyware (free) seems to do a better job than Norton at blocking tracking cookies. It blocked 7 or 8 a day on average on my Win7. It's just stopped 257 that have arrived in the past TWO days on my new Win10. Nearly everyone had the name Microsoft in its title....
  10. IE11 Login to OneDrive persists after deleting cookies etc...

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Login to OneDrive persists after deleting cookies etc...: I think this is a new bug. I have Win10 ver 1703 Build 15063.413. I have several Microsoft accounts for separate purposes. I'm discovering that unlike in the past, IE11 is maintaining a cookie o some other mean of login despite my efforts to both logout AND delete cookies &...