Windows 10: Losing focus on top window

Discus and support Losing focus on top window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Strange thing has been happening since, I believe last Patch Tuesday (6/09). Context menus and message boxes don't stay "focused" (on top) if I move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by f14tomcat, Jun 24, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Losing focus on top window

Strange thing has been happening since, I believe last Patch Tuesday (6/09). Context menus and message boxes don't stay "focused" (on top) if I move the cursor out of the window. Can hover/click on taskbar icon to get back on screen, but as soon as I move the cursor, it's gone! Doesn't happen with snapped windows or app windows, just context menus and message boxes and the like. It's happening on Win 10 and my dual boot 8.1. Also, on my laptop 8.1. Only thing in common, they all had Flash Player update. Anybody else getting this? Any clues?

:)

f14tomcat, Jun 24, 2015

2. Windows lose focus

Has anyone found a solution for this issue?

I've recently installed WMDC on a fresh installation of Vista Ultimate x64 and have exactly the same problem. My device is an HP iPaq hx2790, and it synchronised ok on XP with ActiveSync.

Sometimes the problem stops when I undock my device, but it varies between reboots.

Nik Rivers, Jun 24, 2015
  3. Windows lose focus

eLeeL has not got back ... I hope he did go to the link I suggested and posted a question. I,ve tried to duplicate the error but no luck.

I wonder if it is related to 64 bit versus 32 bit?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jun 24, 2015
Thema:

Losing focus on top window

1. Losing focus on top window - Similar Threads - Losing focus top

2. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first, I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  3. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  4. Apps losing focus randomly

Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  5. Program refusing to lose focus.

Program refusing to lose focus.: Hello, I run a small business, we have a pc for receiving orders. We have 2 main programs running, lets say A and B. When an order is received at program A and program B is on focus, the B should normally minimize as the A comes to foreground notifying for the new order. The...
  6. Mouseclick loses focus of current window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouseclick loses focus of current window: Since a couple of days, whenever I use the mouse and make a mouseclick (left, right or middle) Windows loses focus of its current window - there's no program in focus. When a window is focused (using alt-tab or by opening a new window) using the keyboard works flawlessly...
  7. Losing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus: Hello, I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on...
  8. Active Window Loses Focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Window Loses Focus: Without any mouse action or keyboard action, the currently active window loses focus to another program. This happens about once a day. The newly active window is always the same program. Prior to the last few weeks, I've had no problems with this stealing focus program. I've...
  9. Win10 Windows Lose Focus, Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Windows Lose Focus, Mouse: Intermittently, Win10 windows would lose focus about every 5 seconds. Sometimes this was fixed by restarting. I looked at my mouse driver configuration. I use a Kensington Mouse-in-a-Box. I think this is only slightly relevant. I found that two mice were listed under...
  10. Active window randomly loses focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active window randomly loses focus: On the new computer I got about 2 months ago, the window I am using sometimes loses focus at random. I can be typing something and then suddenly it will stop accepting my input and make a sound, or I could be scrolling and suddenly it would stop. I can't even play Minecraft...