Windows 10: Losing Seagate drive

Discus and support Losing Seagate drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I first turn on my Dell XPS 2720, the attached Seagate hard drive is visible, i.e. I can access through File Explorer. During the day I lose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chrisfromdevon, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Losing Seagate drive

When I first turn on my Dell XPS 2720, the attached Seagate hard drive is visible, i.e. I can access through File Explorer. During the day I lose contact and the only way I can reconnect is by switching off the drive and repowering. This immediately re-establishes the link.
    Help please, is there a way of reconnecting without powering down?
    Is this particular to this make of drive, or a common issue? Sorry if this post shows up any lack of knowledge of the OS on my part.

:)

chrisfromdevon, Oct 13, 2015

2. How do I clean up my drives

I have 5 drives that over the last year I have changed out motherboards and cpu and redone my computer so many time but two of my drives i have just kept moving them around never wiping them just adding to them and they have all kinds of pictures and things
    like that I dont want to lose but everything is getting so full of all the stuff I've put on and took off that its just a big mess and I don't know how to clean it up with losing the pictures and things that i cant replace. someone help. one drive is a
    2 gig seagate SSHD and the other is just a 1gb seagate 7200 rpm But like I said the pictures I cant lose.

ScottPacheco, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Phil_A1 Win User
    Transferring OS from external HD to brand-new pc

I'm about to buy a new pc and I don't want to lose all my browser bookmarks and saved passwords. If I save the C- Drive to my Seagate external H.D. and then transfer it to the new pc, will things function as they do now, or will it still make me lose
    all of that info and have to start from scratch? Thanks.

Phil_A1, Oct 13, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Losing Seagate drive

Click on the search icon and search for Control. Click on Control Panel (desktop) to see the classic Control Panel. Then click View by Large icons to see all controls. Click on Power Options. Click on Change plan settings on the selected plan. Click on Change advanced power settings. Scroll down and find the USB settings. Expand it and then expand USB selective suspend setting. Make that disabled to see if there is any improvement. In case that you USB port cannot deliver enough power to your hard disk, try using a powered USB hub and you shouldn't have any other problem.

spapakons, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

Losing Seagate drive

1. Losing Seagate drive - Similar Threads - Losing Seagate drive

2. Seagate Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Drive not showing up: How can I create a new drive in order to recover some lost data?I want to use Disk 1 which has 1 TB, almost 2 TB of free storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seagate-drive-not-showing-up/1d7a99f7-a0b1-4edd-abc3-010a518ab107
  3. SEAGATE Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SEAGATE Drive not showing up: Hello,Today I wanted to install a Windows Media Folder on my SEAGATE Expansion Drive. It had 1 TB of space. After the installation, it showed up as an E: drive, even though it was D: and it had only 32 gb. Now it is not showing up anymore when I plug it in. Can you please...
  4. SEAGATE Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SEAGATE Drive not showing up: Hello,Today I wanted to install a Windows Media Folder on my SEAGATE Expansion Drive. It had 1 TB of space. After the installation, it showed up as an E: drive, even though it was D: and it had only 32 gb. Now it is not showing up anymore when I plug it in. Can you please...
  5. Seagate Backup Drive

Seagate Backup Drive: I have owned and use a Seagate Backup drive with my Lenovo desktop using Windows 10. I have found the Seagate difficult to use, due to the cumbersome for me so-called "dashboard" that the drive seems to require using. I have never understood why I cannot just send my files...
  6. Seagate drive backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate drive backup: I have a Seagate external drive which my computer recognises in file explorer but when I go to back up it tells me the drive is not connected. Can anyone suggest s solution. I've re-formatted the drive but to avail....
  7. Seagate Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate Hard Drive: Hello, I recently fully removed all the files from a 2tb seagate external hard drive. I then realized that there were no basic files in the drive program files, program files 86x, etc to download to. I now cannot download anything I am trying to download Steam currently to my...
  8. Seagate Ext Drive

Seagate Ext Drive: Just got one...I can't format it? No Einstein here, but I figure out everything......this is cra cra AF....or I may have puffed the magic dragon too much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seagate-ext-drive/b63aa0cf-519d-489c-9261-4fded7fd3819
  9. SEAGATE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SEAGATE DRIVE: Is it possible to create an ISO file on a Seagate drive to be stored alongside your File History. This storage media is not mentioned on the Windows 10 Creation Tool literature...
  10. seagate drive there but not there

seagate drive there but not there: win 10 pro attached a seagate barracude st3200826as drive (200gb) with my external usb adaptor drive spins up and gives the new device beep but is not recognized as a drive just a usb device, this would be a fat32 drive, its used and has been wiped do I need possibly need...