Windows 10: losing wifi for windows apps

Discus and support losing wifi for windows apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I purchase my laptop last March and was running 8.1. I upgraded to 10 and am now having issues with wifi being connected and then losing wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bob222, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Bob222 Win User

losing wifi for windows apps

I purchase my laptop last March and was running 8.1. I upgraded to 10 and am now having issues with wifi being connected and then losing wifi connection for only outlook and micorsoft edge. I can still access the internet through chrome or internet explorer. I have call Microsoft twice and they have not corrected the problem. I took the laptop back to Micro Center and they could not find any issues. The first session with Microsoft the technician removed some temp files and ran a malware program, which seemed to fix the problem, but the fix only lasted an hour or so. Wifi will come back by waiting for a while or by shutting down or by signing out and signing back in. Anyone have any ideas as to what to do to fix this issue?

:)

Bob222, Jan 16, 2016

2. failed n97 v12 update..internet probs???

Has anyone actually (using fota) upgraded to v.12 without losing wifi or any other apps yet????

pipkinmark, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Lumia 640 wifi calling off in sleep mode

Thank you for your reply. I have checked the Battery usage by app option and there is no app setting for wifi or wifi calling that can be changed. The only thing I can do is set the phone never to go on standby, but obviously the battery loses charge very
    quickly this way.

madness101, Jan 16, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Not much of a suggestion, but rather than pulling your hair..................................
    If it is still under warranty, take it back for a new one or a refund.

davidhk, Jan 16, 2016
  5. brummyfan Win User
    Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, go to device manager(right click start, select Device manager), expand Network Adapters, right click your Wi-Fi card, select properties and check your driver version, also let us know the make of your Wi-Fi card.

brummyfan, Jan 16, 2016
  6. Bob222 Win User
    Ralink Technology, Corp. Provider MediaTek, Version 5.0.57.0

Bob222, Jan 16, 2016
  7. brummyfan Win User
    Do you see any model number of your card? Anyway, check the number with this driver download page and download the appropriate driver, go to device manager, right click the Wi-Fi card, properties, go to Driver tab, click uninstall, do not reboot, install the downloaded driver:Downloads - Drivers and Firmware - MediaTek

brummyfan, Jan 16, 2016
  8. Bob222 Win User

It's not a Wifi problem, I disabled Wifi and used an either net connection and that did not solve the problem and the Wifi driver has been updated and is working properly. From looking at other post this is a Microsoft issue that they have not solved. I might switch back to 8.1 to see if that solves the problem, since I did not have this issue using 8.1.

Bob222, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. losing wifi for windows apps - Similar Threads - losing wifi apps

2. Windows 11 randomly loses wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 randomly loses wifi: I've had my Windows 11 laptop for a month or so and for the second time it's randomly lost it's WiFi connection. No internet access, no connections available, yet all my other devices are still connected. Resetting the router and the the network have no effect. The Network...
  3. Windows 11 randomly loses wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 randomly loses wifi: I've had my Windows 11 laptop for a month or so and for the second time it's randomly lost it's WiFi connection. No internet access, no connections available, yet all my other devices are still connected. Resetting the router and the the network have no effect. The Network...
  4. Losing WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing WiFi connection: Hello, I have an Asus Vivobook laptop, running on Windows 10, and I’ve recently started having problems with the WiFI. When I switch it on, I’m connected to my network. I use the internet and less than 5 minutes later, the signal drops out. When I go on to the networks...
  5. Laptop loses Wifi...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop loses Wifi...: Hi! My laptop disconects from Wifi at random moments... At 30 min, 1h... its very random. Then i can see all routers from my neightbour, but mine doesnt appear, then i have to restart my laptop, and then i have conection again. Sorry for my bad english and thanks. submitted...
  6. Losing wifi connection

Losing wifi connection: Both my laptop and PC with windows 10 have been are struggling to with connecting to wifi. It was a few weeks ago after a windows 10 update I started noticing the problem. Try contacting Microsoft tech support and they keep promising a level 2 tech support person will contact...
  7. Laptop losing wifi

Laptop losing wifi: After the last Windows update, my laptop keeps losing the home wifi connection. I can still see all the other networks in the area, but it does not see mine. I have to reset the adapter, or disable and enable the adapter, but it's getting really annoying, because I have to...
  8. Constantly Losing WIFI

Constantly Losing WIFI: I lose wifi sometimes twice an hour on this HP When I go to networks, it will say connected, but I get no data. Sometimes it will just say no internet. When I restart, it will connect and work fine for a period of time, but often less than an hour. 120904
  9. Losing WiFi

Losing WiFi: I think I know my way around a computer but I am stumped. I decided to take my laptop outside today and as soon as I did I lost connectivity. I could not reconnect, it would try to connect to my network but tell me it was unable to connect. First thought was the WiFi driver...
  10. Losing WIFI

Losing WIFI: Still losing wifi sporadically for no apparent reason. Other devices still working on same wifi router, so signal is not a problem. It drops off at least once a day. Tried all the recommended fixes including updated drivers, down-shifting to 802.11b. Only "solution" is...