Windows 10: Losing WiFi

Discus and support Losing WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I think I know my way around a computer but I am stumped. I decided to take my laptop outside today and as soon as I did I lost connectivity. I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bru, Feb 20, 2017.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

Losing WiFi

I think I know my way around a computer but I am stumped. I decided to take my laptop outside today and as soon as I did I lost connectivity. I could not reconnect, it would try to connect to my network but tell me it was unable to connect. First thought was the WiFi driver so I updated to the manufacturer's most recent, but there was no change.

I have two other laptops on the same network that do not have the issue so it is something specific to this one. I am at a loss what to do to troubleshoot this.

Acer Aspire V5-572P-4429
    Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter
    Driver Version: 10.0.0.318

:)

2. Losing WiFi

Hi,

Thanks for the tips, but the problem seems to be fixed by itself, I think it is due to WiFi interference.

Ong Eng Hui, Feb 20, 2017
  3. Losing WiFi

Hello,

please make sure that you go to Settings > Date+ time > and check if the setting is set up as Automatically off
    and if the time needs to be set up, please do that manually.

Region and language settings need to be also correct.

Please make sure that the phone does not work also with other Wifi connection and that the wifi connection works with other devices.

You logged in with a MS account to the phone , is that correct?

Have a nice day,

Ladislau

Ladislau G., Feb 20, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Losing WiFi

Any error messages what happens when you try can you see it ok

Samuria, Feb 20, 2017
  5. BRU
    bru Win User
    No error messages. Network troubleshooting says something like do I want to make X network (neighbors I guess) connect automatically, or something like that.

6. So what you are saying is after it dropped Wi-Fi, it can no longer connect at all anywhere? Like even if you put it right next to the router it won't connect? Did you try forgetting your router, and re-adding it? You may also want to unplug the router for a couple minutes, and then try again.

If you can reconnect when the laptop is close to the router, it may just be the range is not good. That would explain why it picks up your neighbor's signal because that's the only one in range.

Bobby Phoenix, Feb 22, 2017
  7. BRU
    bru Win User
    I could connect when I got closer to the router. What's funny is the router I have is supposed to be so good, the T-Mobile version of the Asus RT-AC68U, yet I find it lousy. Its set up stock but wonder if something is messed up. I did restart it but it made no difference.

Still think it has to be something with this computer as the other two don't lose connection at the same location. The WiFi adapter (listed above) isn't so good, but still I don't think the performance should be this bad.

8. Samuria Win User

Losing WiFi

Samuria, Feb 22, 2017
  9. BRU
    bru Win User
Thema:

Losing WiFi

1. Losing WiFi - Similar Threads - Losing WiFi

2. Abruptly losing wifi connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Abruptly losing wifi connectivity: Off late I noticed my wifi connectivity getting disconnected abruptly. When I try to click on NETWORK SETTINGS, it does not open. I am forced to restart to get the connection back, often leading to losing unsaved data or restarting whatever work I was previously doing....
  3. Wifi Loses Connection when I walk away from laptop, and the laptop will not show all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Loses Connection when I walk away from laptop, and the laptop will not show all...: Hi there, I was coming here for help because I have an outdated HP Laptop on Windows 11 and it seems every time I walk back, the Wifi would disconnect and I'd only be able to use the laptop where the Wifi Router/box is. Not only that, the Wifi connections, including my...
  4. Wifi Loses Connection when I walk away from laptop, and the laptop will not show all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Loses Connection when I walk away from laptop, and the laptop will not show all...: Hi there, I was coming here for help because I have an outdated HP Laptop on Windows 11 and it seems every time I walk back, the Wifi would disconnect and I'd only be able to use the laptop where the Wifi Router/box is. Not only that, the Wifi connections, including my...
  5. My laptop will lose wifi connection and freeze needing a hard reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop will lose wifi connection and freeze needing a hard reset: this issue has been happening for a long time now and i even formated it and its still happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-will-lose-wifi-connection-and-freeze/112d8d6b-4b84-469f-8142-56b0e31d2afb
  6. My laptop will lose wifi connection and freeze needing a hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop will lose wifi connection and freeze needing a hard reset: this issue has been happening for a long time now and i even formated it and its still happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-will-lose-wifi-connection-and-freeze/112d8d6b-4b84-469f-8142-56b0e31d2afb
  7. My laptop will lose wifi connection and freeze needing a hard reset

8. Work laptop loses wifi connection after two minutes claiming something changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work laptop loses wifi connection after two minutes claiming something changed: I installed a TP-Link Deco X50 Mesh wifi network and am having trouble with my windows work laptop.All my other smart devices such as Google Nest, lights, tv, Macs and consoles have no issues. I conntect with the network for 2 minutes and then it cuts the connection.When...
  9. Work laptop loses wifi connection after two minutes claiming something changed

Work laptop loses wifi connection after two minutes claiming something changed: I installed a TP-Link Deco X50 Mesh wifi network and am having trouble with my windows work laptop.All my other smart devices such as Google Nest, lights, tv, Macs and consoles have no issues. I conntect with the network for 2 minutes and then it cuts the connection.When...
  10. Work laptop loses wifi connection after two minutes claiming something changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing