Windows 10: Loss of administator rights

Discus and support Loss of administator rights in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello All While setting up my PC after upgrading from win7 I appear to have lost all my administrator rights. I can no longer open the (UAC) User... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by webvis33, Aug 13, 2015.

1. webvis33 Win User

Loss of administator rights

Hello All

While setting up my PC after upgrading from win7 I appear to have lost all my administrator rights.

I can no longer open the (UAC) User Account Control. When I try to the "Yes" button is greyed out, and a message says that I need to enter an administrator password.

As I only have one account set up, and that now appears to no longer be an administrator account, I fear that I have lost control of the PC.

Can anyone suggest a way of accessing my account details to re-instate myself as an administrator.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to give me.

:)

webvis33, Aug 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 Loss of Administrative Rights

As a workaround on the issue, I suggest that you perform a custom installation of Windows 10. This way, you can recover personal files and application data from the
    Windows.old folder. Please see Andre Da Costa's article on how to perform a custom installation:

How to: Do a custom installation of Windows.

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Loss of Administrative Rights

Hi Kian,

We would like to know more details so that we can assist you:

1. Can you tell us what do you mean by built-in Admin account? Is it the hidden Admin account?

2. Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or a local Admin
    account?

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Aug 13, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Take a look at this thread and see if anything there helps you. There is another linked thread within it where someone claims to have a solution.

Welcome to the forum *Biggrin

WhyMe, Aug 13, 2015
  5. webvis33 Win User
    Thank you for taking the time to respond.

The thread refers to permissions to access files and folders, which I may well have difficulties with in the future when the info will be very useful.

My current problem is specifically that I cannot access the user account panel, and therefore cannot re- gain administrative rights.

If I still had had administrative rights, then I could set up a number of user accounts, some with admin rights and some not.

webvis33, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Loss of administator rights - Similar Threads - Loss administator rights

2. How to reset to a 4 digit PIN after allowing administative rights?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset to a 4 digit PIN after allowing administative rights?: Hi there,I have Windows 11 on my personal computer. A few months back, I had issues with my work laptop so as a temporary measure I set up my work emails on my personal computer. To do so, I had to allow some sort of admin rights or profile be pulled down. I have since...
  3. Guest Is administator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guest Is administator: Hello, I have some problem with my administrator account ... my administrator account was fine I had it but... it's somehow messed up and now the administrator is a guest when I try to run administrator its shows an error and says: 'The Filename, directory name or volume...
  4. Guest Is administator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Guest Is administator: Hello, I have some problem with my administrator account ... my administrator account was fine I had it but... it's somehow messed up and now the administrator is a guest when I try to run administrator its shows an error and says: 'The Filename, directory name or volume...
  5. Guest Is administator

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Loss of Admin rights

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of Admin rights: Hello all, This has been covered before in various places in the past, but I am unable to come up with a fix for myself no longer being an administrator, even though I am the owner/user/administrator of my pc. Every time I try to access some of the admin parts of the pc for...
  7. computer Administer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer Administer: someone borrowed my laptop, made themselves Administer and now i cannot open certain things. how do i change myself admin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-administer/100126cd-1ad0-464b-9b6d-f4e4e098696f
  8. Loss of admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of admin rights: I lost admin rights in windows 10. I'm unable to download the media creation tool because of this. Is there a way to purchase one from Micro soft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-admin-rights/1c38cbdd-4f48-4456-a54b-fca53d776f10
  9. No administer accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No administer accounts: My pc has unable to enter the sign in screen and keeps going to the "choose an option" blue screen. But when I try to use any of the advanced options it says I need to sign in to an administer account to continue but there aren't any. When i try to reset the pc, it says...
  10. Complete Loss of Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Complete Loss of Admin Rights: Have been on windows X on personal PC since it was released, with regular updates. Upgraded and have Digital license, etc. Same computer. Discovered today no longer have admin access and don't have privileges to manage user accounts nor activate the administrator....