Windows 10: loss of data after installing Windows 10

Discus and support loss of data after installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently installed Windows 10 on my PC which had been using Windows 7. I expected all the data and programs to migrate with the installation. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BruceJohnson4, Aug 14, 2018.

1. loss of data after installing Windows 10

I recently installed Windows 10 on my PC which had been using Windows 7. I expected all the data and programs to migrate with the installation. The result was that all the programs made it, but all data is lost, and I am trying to get the data back from my Carbonite backup. The process is not smooth. Should the data from Windows 7 transfer to Windows 10?

:)

BruceJohnson4, Aug 14, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 taking forever to install

Ruh roh. I'd plug the HDD into another computer, retrieve the data, install windows 7, then force windows 10 upgrade. The power loss during the upgrade most likely ruined the upgrade process.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

loss of data after installing Windows 10

Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss  

Here it is:

Brink, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

loss of data after installing Windows 10

1. loss of data after installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - loss data installing

2. Loss of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of data: I recently signed into my schools Microsoft account on my personal computer. I managed to sign in and could use all of the facilities they offer. However, i decided to sign out of my schools Microsoft account and upon returning to my homepage I lost all of my data. I then...
  3. Loss of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of data: I recently signed into my schools Microsoft account on my personal computer. I managed to sign in and could use all of the facilities they offer. However, i decided to sign out of my schools Microsoft account and upon returning to my homepage I lost all of my data. I then...
  4. data loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    data loss: I deleted one of the user accounts on my pc and all the data is also deleted. how can i find my data back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/2db3f703-7bc9-4ab2-a55a-be585a53e095
  5. data loss

data loss: I deleted one of the user accounts on my pc and all the data is also deleted. how can i find my data back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/2db3f703-7bc9-4ab2-a55a-be585a53e095
  6. Possible data loss after windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible data loss after windows 10 update?: Hi there, I currently use a Lenovo laptop and had a windows 10 update last friday. Afterwards I noticed that the data in my local Drive C:/ changed. It had 10GB remaining before the update, and went up to 50GB after the update which means that 40GB of data was deleted. Should...
  7. Loss of Data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of Data: I have been using a Windows 10 laptop. Everytime i turn my laptop On, i am losing all the data in all drives other than OSC. Also, it takes a lot of time to load displaying "Preparing Windows" text while loading. Please help me with the problem....
  8. Data loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data loss: My pc keeps losing it data and i dont know why do you think i need a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/30dd6610-a132-4f58-981e-760aa20451ef
  9. Data loss

Data loss: I really need help my pc keeps loosing all of its data and i have to reinstall windows again and again and i don’t know the problem this is the 5th time its happened it only happens when i restart my pc its not every time only some times...
  10. DATA LOSS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DATA LOSS: Recently upgraded to windows 10 (1903) resulting in data loss. Very disappointed. Please Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/3e3ffb85-4b7f-4b4f-99aa-0a524f59d751