Windows 10: loss of Edge

Discus and support loss of Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After an automatic update to Windows 10 I lost the ability to go to the internet using Microsoft Edge. I had unwisely not downloaded an alternate... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ronh308, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Ronh308 Win User

loss of Edge

After an automatic update to Windows 10 I lost the ability to go to the internet using Microsoft Edge. I had unwisely not downloaded an alternate browser. What do I do to recover Edge?

:)

Ronh308, Feb 17, 2016

2. Loss of Edge

Thanks for persevering.

I tried the first two of Tiero Chi threads (the third relates to Toshiba which I don't have). Neither had any impact.

The JohnClarkZV thread did resonate as I have Trustee Rapport installed. To solve the problem would require me to remove it.
    As I use internet banking and wish to remain protected I am reluctant to remove Trustee Rapport. This being the case I will have to forgo the use of Mircosoft Edge until a suitable fix is found.

Puzzled_very, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Loss of Edge

Thank you for your reply. If the above troubleshooting steps did not work, let's try another workaround. Refer to the answer of Tiero Chi on this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving issues when Edge fails to launch.

If the issue still persists, try the answer of JohnClarkZV on this thread that was
    also found helpful in resolving Edge issues.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Feb 17, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

loss of Edge

Don't need to download a 3rd party browser, unless you want to.
    Until you have Edge problem solved, IE11 is still available and it is in the system.

Start button > All apps > scroll down to alphabet W > open Windows Accessories > IE is on the list.
    You can right click, click Pin to Start, or click MORE > click Pin to Taskbar, or click Open file location > right click at Internet Explorer > click Send to > click Desktop (create shortcut) > you will have an IE11 desktop shortcut.

davidhk, Feb 17, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    I guess you could run sfc /scannow to see if theres any corruption.

swarfega, Feb 17, 2016
  6. Ronh308 Win User
    I will certainly look for IE 11. I still would like to recover Edge.

Ronh308, Feb 17, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Ron308,
    Reading your 1st post again, I have the feeling you have not updated your Win 10 version.

Which version do you have ?
    10240 or 10586 ?

The current version is 10586.104 ( there is an update which will move the version to 10586.112. But it has not been offered in Windows Update yet.)

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

loss of Edge

1. loss of Edge - Similar Threads - loss Edge

2. Windows data loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows data loss: I accidentally closed my PC while it was configuring Windows and now I can't open specific apps like Google Play or else the PC will crash. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-data-loss/fb8a3461-85e4-4b48-8b14-587a552bed8e
  3. Windows data loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows data loss: I accidentally closed my PC while it was configuring Windows and now I can't open specific apps like Google Play or else the PC will crash. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-data-loss/fb8a3461-85e4-4b48-8b14-587a552bed8e
  4. Windows data loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Loss of Trio Office on Win11 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of Trio Office on Win11 PC.: I'd a lifetime Trio Office on my Win11 64 bit HP PC. After recent Win updates it doesn't load. I've tried uninstall/reinstall but it still doesn't load. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance....
  6. Loss of Trio Office on Win11 PC.

Loss of Trio Office on Win11 PC.: I'd a lifetime Trio Office on my Win11 64 bit HP PC. After recent Win updates it doesn't load. I've tried uninstall/reinstall but it still doesn't load. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance....
  7. When will there be a fix for update 23H2 causing loss of toolbar and functioning including...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will there be a fix for update 23H2 causing loss of toolbar and functioning including...: I have posted this in reply to a post about a user experiencing similar issues and who reported as at 10 April that this is an issue known to Microsoft. Here is how it affects me:On my PC start Windows 11 has no taskbar and not because it is on hide.If you bring your cursor...
  8. When will there be a fix for update 23H2 causing loss of toolbar and functioning including...

When will there be a fix for update 23H2 causing loss of toolbar and functioning including...: I have posted this in reply to a post about a user experiencing similar issues and who reported as at 10 April that this is an issue known to Microsoft. Here is how it affects me:On my PC start Windows 11 has no taskbar and not because it is on hide.If you bring your cursor...
  9. Edge update June 2020 - loss of Favorites

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge update June 2020 - loss of Favorites: My PC has just been updated with the new version of Edge and all of my Favorites have disappeared. How can I restore the Favorites that were available in Edge before this update?...
  10. Loss of Edge, Calculator, Notifications, Maps and now the Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of Edge, Calculator, Notifications, Maps and now the Start Menu.: This morning ( 2016-05-12), I lost Edge while busy posting a comment on this forum, next was calculator, disappeared from my system, then Maps, and then when I tried to see what was going on, the "start menu" also disappeared on me!. At the same time, I now see I can't...