Loss of focus in later versions of Windows 10 (1803, 10240)

Discus and support Loss of focus in later versions of Windows 10 (1803, 10240) in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; When I open a new pane from the taskbar e.g. it disappears behind other previously opened panes as soon as I move my mouse pointer from the taskbar. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Martin Nowers, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Martin Nowers Win User

When I open a new pane from the taskbar e.g. it disappears behind other previously opened panes as soon as I move my mouse pointer from the taskbar. I can overcome the problem by progressively minimising or closing the earlier panes but it is a huge nuisance. Can any one tell me how to get back to sanity.

V. 1803 was really terrible in this way. Hoping that things might be better with V.10240 ( the final version?) I have installed it, but to no avail.

:)

Martin Nowers, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jun 8, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 pro version 10.0 (build 10240) Update

Hi WA4,

10240, is the first version of Windows 10 released, it is really old and that could be he cause of this happening.

Honestly to go from 10240 to 1083, your best option would be to backup your data and clean insttall 1803.

I know this would be a bigger job, but I don't think you will be able to successfully upgrade from 10240, dues to the age of that version . . .

DaveM121, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Loss of focus in later versions of Windows 10 (1803, 10240) - Similar Threads - Loss focus later

1. Question regarding sudden loss of ability to drag anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding sudden loss of ability to drag anything.: I have Windows 10 on my HP desktop. I was rearranging two internet tabs on Microsoft Edge to more easily switch between the two. Immediately following this action, I lost the ability to move tabs or drag anything on my computer. If I click and drag any internet tabs,...
  2. Minimise data loss during SDD repartitioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Minimise data loss during SDD repartitioning: Hi I've got W10 Home and a 256GB SSD in a Lenovo Yoga2Pro laptop. When I first got the machine, I repartitioned the SDD into C: 90GB (OS) and D: 132GB (Userdata) (plus a few necessary OEM/Recovery partitions (more) ). [img] The C: partition is becoming too small for...
  3. Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link in LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link in LAN: Hi, Subsequent to 1803 upgrade I have lost the direct ethernet link I had established between my two Win 10 Desktop PC's. Have tried everything to restore it but to no avail. If it is not possible to do so (and I suspect that may be the case), is there any way I can add my 2...
  4. Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link between 2 PC's.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 1803 Loss of Direct Ethernet Link between 2 PC's.: Hi, Subsequent to 1803 upgrade I have lost the direct ethernet link I had established between my two Win 10 Desktop PC's. Have tried everything to restore it but to no avail. If it is not possible to do so (and I suspect that may be the case), is there any way I can add my 2...
  5. Power Loss during a major update... no longer Boots

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Loss during a major update... no longer Boots: So like the shmuck that I am, I accidentally unplugged the wrong power chord and my desktop is as in the middle of installing important update. I say important because it was the first time after 6 months my desktop was connected to the web, so that’s a lot of missed...
  6. Connecting to VPN client causes loss of access to other PCs on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to VPN client causes loss of access to other PCs on network: I have three PCs that have updated to 1803. At first I could not connect from one PC to another through File Explorer, regardless of whether or not I was connected to my VPN provider's client (my VPN provider is IVPN). After enabling Function Discovery Resource Publication...
  7. Unexplained loss of memory space in ASUS LA555F laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexplained loss of memory space in ASUS LA555F laptop.: As said, it could be a memory leak, ussually caused by a driver, so try to update drivers first. Manufacturer displays latest drivers from 2016, so try something like Wise Driver Care. After restore was completed, I got this message a couple of times:...