Windows 10: Lost a Partition

Discus and support Lost a Partition in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi on one of my W10 Pro PC's I have a 1TB HDD attached by USB, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to create a 500GB partition and when it was finished I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by daniellouwrens, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Lost a Partition

Hi

on one of my W10 Pro PC's I have a 1TB HDD attached by USB, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to create a 500GB partition and when it was finished I expected it to show the Partition and some un-allocated space but only the 500GB partition is showing in Explorer, Disk Management and in AOMEI.

How do I fix this.

Thanks

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Jul 24, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 24, 2018
  3. "Lost" Partitions

Hello,

Based on your description of the issue with the missing partitions in your hard drive, We suggest checking the hard drive content to see what are the files that occupies your hard drive. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Double-click on your C: drive.
    • Click the Search box (upper right.).
    • In the Search ribbon, click on the Size drop-down box.
    • Select the desired option and wait for the results to populate.

Once you have confirmed that the files in your missing partitions are still saved on your hard drive, see if you have unallocated disk space in the
    Disk Management app by right-clicking the Start button and select
    Disk Management. There are third party recovery tools that can help you in retrieving missing partitions. However,
    we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the product's performance or reliability.

You can also run the System File Checker tool to help you find and fix missing or corrupted system files. Just follow the steps on this article for further assistance.

Should you have additional questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 24, 2018
  4. HossHuge Win User

Lost a Partition

Lost Partition

After I reinstalled my O/S, for some reason I lost a partition.

Any idea's on how to fix it?
    Is this a sign that the drive is about to go?

Lost a Partition Untitled.jpg

HossHuge, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Lost a Partition

1. Lost a Partition - Similar Threads - Lost Partition

2. Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...: I have been unable to run windows updates since December 2023/January 2024 now continously getting "Install error - 0x80070643". I have tried running update troubleshooter running the DSIM and SFC commands but that did not help. I also followed directions on resizing the...
  3. Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...: I have been unable to run windows updates since December 2023/January 2024 now continously getting "Install error - 0x80070643". I have tried running update troubleshooter running the DSIM and SFC commands but that did not help. I also followed directions on resizing the...
  4. Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. drive partitions is lost

drive partitions is lost: Hi there,Before, i'm having problem with windows update error 0x80070643. and followed the instruction that available in the communityhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-0x80070643-in-windows-10-when/c55ecc7a-6d54-47b4-a86a-a4a55f2636e0...
  6. Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data: I've been frustrated with the broken windows update, so I decided to try following the guide "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update".I followed the instructions and it turned my back up SSD and all my files into some recovery...
  7. Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data

Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data: I've been frustrated with the broken windows update, so I decided to try following the guide "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update".I followed the instructions and it turned my back up SSD and all my files into some recovery...
  8. Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data

9. Lost D disk while manually resizing and creating partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost D disk while manually resizing and creating partition: I was trying to manually resize the partition of the recovery of my OS and to shrink to the needed size , I accidentaly chose the disk of my local D drive and created a primary partition with it and now I cant find or access my local D disk as it became a recovery partition ,...
  10. Lost D disk while manually resizing and creating partition

Lost D disk while manually resizing and creating partition: I was trying to manually resize the partition of the recovery of my OS and to shrink to the needed size , I accidentaly chose the disk of my local D drive and created a primary partition with it and now I cant find or access my local D disk as it became a recovery partition ,...