Windows 10: Lost ability to connect to the internet

Discus and support Lost ability to connect to the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed the latest update from Microsoft, the complete new version and now on one computer my internet connection says SECURED, Not Connected. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by theaudioanalyst, May 15, 2017.

1. Lost ability to connect to the internet

I installed the latest update from Microsoft, the complete new version and now on one computer my internet connection says SECURED, Not Connected. It is a A6210, Netgear wireless USB3 device that I have on all the Windows computers. The A6210 works fine on any other computer but since the "upgrade" I can not connect to the internet on that computer. Yes I do have the latest driver. I downloaded that before the conversion/update. Any suggestions please! Thanks!

:)

theaudioanalyst, May 15, 2017
  2. Daniel_55 Win User

Can I teather my widows phone to my PC for internet usage?

I had a Blackberry phone that could be used for PC internet connection. Have I lost that ability with the new Windows phone?

Daniel_55, May 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 upgrade THEN lost ability to connect to the internet.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down

Click Network adapters

Click Run the Troubleshooter

When complete, restart to see if the problem is resolved.

If not, press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager, restart. Windows 10 should detect the network adapter then reinstall it. Check if you can connect and browse.

Open Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Status

Scroll to the bottom then click Network reset.

Andre Da Costa, May 15, 2017
  4. Lost ability to connect to the internet

Called Gigabyte Tech Support - nothing. Netgear wants money to talk to you when most likely it is their coding problem. It is their codes that is not working, their device. Interesting

theaudioanalyst, May 16, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/dl/65/

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
    Reset FF proxy Settings
    Reset Ie Proxy Settings
    Report IE Proxy Settings
    Report FF Proxy Settings
    List content of Hosts
    List IP configuration
    List Winsock Entries
    List last 10 Event Viewer log
    List Installed Programs
    List Users, Partitions and Memory size
    List Devices (problems only)
    Click Go and post the result.

Please download the wireless test tool from

http://www.crewetown.co.uk/wireless.exe

Very important you right click and choose run as admin post results

Samuria, May 16, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Uninstall device and driver in device manager then reboot and let windows install the default driver. Upgrading to Creators Update through Windows 10 update is just asking for trouble.

bro67, May 16, 2017
  7. Okay, thanks all that took a few minutes to read. Spent 8 hours on the phone with Microsoft level 1 and 2 support. They gave up, had me take it into Microsoft Store who again tried. Finally they formatted the C: drive and reinstalled Windows 10 Clean. It has taken about a day to continue to refine and reinstall and update all the software on the machine. It is working pretty good, probably a little better than when I started this journey and the Internet connects.

theaudioanalyst, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost ability to connect to the internet

1. Lost ability to connect to the internet - Similar Threads - Lost ability connect

2. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  3. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  4. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network & internet connection lost: Hi there, My problem was I woke up in the morning and open my laptop as usual. Everything was fine, the wifi was connected. I turn off my laptop, and open it again after an hour later. All of the sudden my connection was lost. Not just lost, but theres no network available...
  5. Network & internet connection lost

Network & internet connection lost: Hi there, My problem was I woke up in the morning and open my laptop as usual. Everything was fine, the wifi was connected. I turn off my laptop, and open it again after an hour later. All of the sudden my connection was lost. Not just lost, but theres no network available...
  6. Lost connection to internet - Win10

Lost connection to internet - Win10: I am suddenly not able to connect to the internet on my Windows 10 laptop using either ethernet or wifi older Gateway NV57H94u. No problems connecting other devices I'm writing this on my iMac, but I also tried to reset modem-router just in case. I am at a loss for what...
  7. Lost connection to internet - Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost connection to internet - Win10: I am suddenly not able to connect to the internet on my Windows 10 laptop using either ethernet or wifi older Gateway NV57H94u. No problems connecting other devices I'm writing this on my iMac, but I also tried to reset modem-router just in case. I am at a loss for what...
  8. lost internet connection

lost internet connection: I stupidly agree to Microsoft to sync my computers...… since then, my laptop is ok but somehow, my other computer, which is directy plugged to the internet does not have access to the internet...my desktop picture got transferred to my other computer?????? now I cannot...
  9. Lost internet connectivity

Lost internet connectivity: Sudenly my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 version 1803 lost internet connectivity. I got a strong WiFi signal but no Internet . Wi-Fi and internet are working properly with another devices. Running the troubleshooter I got a message: " security or firewall settings might be...
  10. Internet connection lost

Internet connection lost: On Friday, there was an update by Windows 10 and immediately afterwards I lost my internet connection. I contacted the chat help and the lady there had me try a couple of things which did not help including reversing the update. i contacted my service provider and they could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i lost the ability to internet pc