Windows 10: Lost Admin User status on Win 10 Home

Discus and support Lost Admin User status on Win 10 Home in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, saw a couple of my allow app change boxes only have the NO box in them. Checked and I only have Standard User rights which won't allow me to enter... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Retlaw, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Retlaw Win User

Lost Admin User status on Win 10 Home

Hi,
    saw a couple of my allow app change boxes only have the NO box in them. Checked and I only have Standard User rights which won't allow me to enter YES. Not sure how this came about but wonder if anyone can show me the way to get back to Admin User.

Thx

:)

Retlaw, Aug 8, 2018

2. Admin user in Win 10

After signing to Windows account or win 10 update, I found out that my desktop was modified and that I Admin user disappeared. How can I return the Admin?Admin

הדרשלו, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Admin status

Hi Barb,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Did you setup user account as an administrator?
    I would suggest you to first check if you have the Administrator privileges on the computer.

Press Windows key + R

Type control userpasswords2 and press OK

Check what type of user account is create. Is it a local or administrator.

If the user account is already an admin account, run the following command to enable hidden admin account and then check the settings.

Press Windows key + X and click Command Prompt (Admin)

Type the following command and press Enter

net user administrator /active:yes

To disable it add "no" at the end of the command.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Lost Admin User status on Win 10 Home

OSK popping up when software Run As Admin

Hi,

We are sorry that the issue still persists.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists in the Built-in Administrator account
    (hidden administrator account). To enable the account, follow the steps below:

• Right Click on Start and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Accept the UAC prompt if required.
    • Type “net user administrator /active:yes” (without quotes).

Once you have enabled the account, you will see it listed in the user accounts control panel applet. Login to the account and check for status.

To disable the built-in Administrator account, follow the steps provided above and in step 3 type the command line provided below:

“net user administrator /active:yes” (without quotes).

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Lost Admin User status on Win 10 Home

1. Lost Admin User status on Win 10 Home - Similar Threads - Lost Admin User

2. Lost Admin permissions to only user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Admin permissions to only user: I made a mistake that I am most certainly not proud of. Without paying much attention which is why you maybe shouldn't do things like this late at night... I change my account to only be a part of the User group, thus losing Admin privileges. Considering this is the only user...
  3. Lost Network Status

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Network Status: [IMG] We already tried to troubleshoot it and it said that the diagnostic service is not running, we tried this but nothing happened. Please help : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-network-status/140986a2-f41c-425e-9a33-7c950815404b
  4. Have lost admin rights on win 10 home edition

Have lost admin rights on win 10 home edition: After changing from MS account to local account and back I fully have lost admin rights of the user. For example, if in command window I do netplwiz, the following window has only no button and there is no yes button. Control panel user account has only 4 menu items on...
  5. Admin status

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin status: I had admin status on my this old computer using Office 2013 but did not have it on my new computer with Office 365 and now I no longer have it on this old computer either. How do I get it. Please just give me the path, not a link. I just received a message on my new...
  6. Win-10 Home "Users & Groups"

Win-10 Home "Users & Groups": Win-10 Home "Users & Groups" in Computer Management why can I not see them when I have Administrator rights?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home-users-groups/6efbd67c-4872-48c9-8b48-e5c7863f9463
  7. Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update

Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update: I was running WIN 7 Pro on my desktop with two login user profiles (George and Jenny). I updated to WIN 10 Pro and install went fine, except now on the principal login page there is only my login (George) My wife's profile is gone, and I cannot see it by clicking on Win icon...
  8. Lost desktop/user upgrading from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost desktop/user upgrading from win 7 to win 10: Upgraded from win 7 to win 10 from a mem stick. That installation could not download win updates. At this point both main and secondary desktops/users were present to log into. Then re-installed win 10 using media creation tool on microsoft website. Now the second one is not...
  9. Win 10 1903 update lost user profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 1903 update lost user profile: Windows 10 auto updated v1903 this morning (talking about 45 mins), and after completion, I could not access my pc on my normal user profile. After rebooting I could, but very sporadic behaviour, no defaults or user customisations (office, mozilla bookmarks etc) and soon no...
  10. Win 10 Home boots directly into admin account

Win 10 Home boots directly into admin account: Elderly neighbor bought a new laptop in late 2017, then forgot her password. Over a year later I cracked the password, so am able to log in with blank admin password. After first log in as admin, did a year's worth of Windows updates (overnight), then created a standard...