Windows 10: lost Administrator access to my pc, cant change any settings

Discus and support lost Administrator access to my pc, cant change any settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Long story short, I can login to my computer using my username (i am the only user to choose from on the login screen& and i know my PW) but if i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dudeneedshelp, Sep 14, 2017.

1. lost Administrator access to my pc, cant change any settings

Long story short,

I can login to my computer using my username (i am the only user to choose from on the login screen& and i know my PW) but if i want to install an app or change any of my settings i need to have administrator access. i would give it to myself but i need administrator access to do so. i am the only user on my computer so i dont no what to do or how to locate or log into the "administrator account" any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    -Mike

:)

dudeneedshelp, Sep 14, 2017

2. "Must have read permissions to view the properties of this object" error message on trying to change permissions for C: drive on Windows 10.

Thank you for your reply - but i have no access to advanced sharing' because of 'access denied - your system administrator has blocked you from running this program'.

I still think that i lost the administrator 'power' i had earlier - even though my pc account settings show that i'm the administrator i have no access to drive C, no access to many programs nor do i have any 'power' to change any settings in my computer
    - because of 'access denied' etc. I can't even run command prompt as administrator...

pssp&spps, Sep 14, 2017
  3. Stokez Win User
    Microsoft Account and Administrator issue

OK, not sure what's happened but my only microsoft account (not local) on my PC, somehow changed to guest? I had also been having issues with onedrive which i disabled yesterday (funny).

Scoured the internet and found other people with similar issues, so tried:

1) starting cmd and activating in-built administrator but cant get permission due to it being a guest account.

2) Booted windows from cd, activated admin account via cmd and restarted but in-built admin account was still off???

3) Booted it again in cmd using cd, went into regedit and activated admin account via Ram_Sam user.

PC booted up with Admin account but there are no other accounts on the PC (microsoft account is in the cloud!!)

Cant set up any new accounts in Admin?, cant access apps!! I thought this account had higher privileges!!

Went back and changed the regedit to de-activate the admin account, so i could change my guest account to local and now its lost my microsoft account!! - only Admin account login shows but says access denied because I've turned it off in Ram_Sam.

I'm lost, fed up and a little annoyed i upgraded to windows 10, hadnt had any issues with 8.1 and was happy.

Anyone of you guru's know of any fixes or guidance?

Regards

Stokez, Sep 14, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

lost Administrator access to my pc, cant change any settings

Welcome to TenForums @dudeneedshelp

How did you loose your administrator rights? Did you change your account to a standard account? Windows lets you do that, but if it's the only administrator it's not a good idea (as you have found out).

The built in Administrator account is disabled by default, you can enable it. With no available administrator you can use Option Five in this tutorial.

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

5. so when i tried that i got upto step 5.i cant open the config folder

lost Administrator access to my pc, cant change any settings [​IMG]

then i click continue and get this

6. lost Administrator access to my pc, cant change any settings [​IMG]

7. Bree New Member
    Your screenshot shows you are trying to do this while logged into windows with your (non-admin) account. This doesn't have the rights needed for this operation.

Re-read Option Five again, step 1 states that you have to boot from a USB recovery drive or a bootable install USB to get the command prompt needed carry out this process. If you do not have a USB to boot from, then you can force the PC to boot to its recovery environment and use the command prompt available there, see the Tip's 'option six' link to another tutorial.

8. Try3 Win User

Try3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. lost Administrator access to my pc, cant change any settings - Similar Threads - lost Administrator access

2. i cant change any of my settings in windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant change any of my settings in windows security: whenever i open windows security the side panel is completely blank. ive tried scanning with malwarebytes, and following lots of youtube tutorials. i do not know if its a virus or just a problem with my computer...
  3. I cant change any time settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant change any time settings.: Whenever I bought this laptop, it worked but I was in a different time zone. Now that I am back in my own time zone, I can't change any time setting. Please help me.Screen shot: https://imgur.com/vRsNU8f...
  4. I cant change any time settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant change any time settings.: Whenever I bought this laptop, it worked but I was in a different time zone. Now that I am back in my own time zone, I can't change any time setting. Please help me.Screen shot: https://imgur.com/vRsNU8f...
  5. Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator: I am logged in on my Administrator account on Windows 10, however if I click the ''Run as an Administrator'' option on any program such as Steam.exe I get the error '' Windows Cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to...
  6. Administrative Access Lost

Administrative Access Lost: Hello,So I was trying to enable a program on my account but got an error. "You do not have permissions."So I tried to clean up disk space as admin and received another error."Do you want to allow this program to make changes."It gave the option for 'no' but no options to...
  7. I Lost Administrator Access.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Lost Administrator Access.: Sorry, but I am furious. I cannot do anything to fix this PC after the latest 10 update and I lost administrator access...I MY PC. I read all these ways to change my account back to administrator access and gee, you need administrator access. Way to go MS. I tried to...
  8. lost administrative access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost administrative access: i have a hp stream 11 and lost administrative access. Could I do a fresh install even though i do not have a key because the unit came with 10 installed/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-administrative-access/cc6a728b-1185-497e-ab15-552139f2bd00"
  9. cant change any settings

cant change any settings: when i try and change my privacy and online safety settings it comes up with "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." can someone help me and tell me a way of fixing this?...
  10. Lost access to my PC

Lost access to my PC: I lost access to my computer because it requires me to set up a new PIN since “my PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security settings”. I can’t get in so I am locked out. Help me, please.......