Windows 10: Lost administrator

Discus and support Lost administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a problem with my windows 10 accounts. I had on acc that had all rights and i decied to make another on. So i did. Next thing i did... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by showtime, Jun 19, 2017.

1. showtime Win User

Lost administrator

Hi,

I am having a problem with my windows 10 accounts. I had on acc that had all rights and i decied to make another on. So i did.
    Next thing i did is that i chaned names of both accounts and that is situation where i lost my administrator. It just dissapeard..there is no login form or anything about it.. and from this local account i cant access to anything or make any change in generally.
    I tried a lot of ways to fix it that i could find on the internet but nothing helps because most of them goes trough cmd and system32 which i cant access..also i cant access disk management to unhide administrator..it just says that i need my username and password of admin acc which i know but there is no box or logon that i can type them in..any solutions? Thanks in advanced

:)

showtime, Jun 19, 2017

2. How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

For those who don't see the "rename" option, it wouldn't work even if you saw it, if you're logged in as yourself (the folder would be in use). However, I did this for a user whose name was misspelled and now he gets a profile error ("can't sign you in,
    you've been signed in with a temporary profile") each and every time he logs in. There must be a solution other than his living with a misspelled name! Please advise, thank you.

System Administrator (administrator), Jun 19, 2017
  3. Administrators password lost

Thanks for the clarification.

GeorgeSchneiderJr, Jun 19, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

Lost administrator

essenbe, Jun 19, 2017
  5. showtime Win User
    I am not able to see option 4 on my phone..?

showtime, Jun 19, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Hi there, showtime. Welcome to Ten Forums.

So you are viewing these forums on your phone while your PC is down? Have I got that correct?

Tony K, Jun 19, 2017
  7. Try3 Win User
    Since you have no functioning Admin accounts on the computer, the BuiltIn Admin should automatically get enabled if you boot into Safe mode. That will allow you to create new Admin accounts [the BuiltIn Admin is not an account that you continue using, it will disappear after your new account are created].

Use the procedures in If the Admin prompt has a greyed out or missing Yes button but no password entry box, use the Built-In Admin account in Safe mode to create two new Admin accounts - Wiki

Denis

8. showtime Win User

Lost administrator

No, I just dont have access at the moment to my laptop

showtime, Jun 19, 2017
  9. Tony K Win User
    Ok. Have you tried to apply the fixes that essenbe and Try3 have suggested? Ask as many questions as need be if you want.

Tony K, Jun 19, 2017
  10. showtime Win User
    I managed to create new administrator trough safe mode so i can access to my files at least

showtime, Jun 20, 2017
  11. Try3 Win User
    ShowTime,

The last response by Hippsie was written on the assumption that you were still in the Built-In Admin account rather than in an Admin account that you had made yourself.

Denis

12. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost administrator

1. Lost administrator - Similar Threads - Lost administrator

2. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  3. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  4. Please Help as my newly bought Lenovo laptop I have lost my administration right due to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help as my newly bought Lenovo laptop I have lost my administration right due to...: I have changed my admin account to local account and i cant gets back to my admin account. Due to i have changes my ssd security settings an i have lost my administrative rights getting error like you don't have specific access path, apps. Please someone help me on the same....
  5. Please Help as my newly bought Lenovo laptop I have lost my administration right due to...

Please Help as my newly bought Lenovo laptop I have lost my administration right due to...: I have changed my admin account to local account and i cant gets back to my admin account. Due to i have changes my ssd security settings an i have lost my administrative rights getting error like you don't have specific access path, apps. Please someone help me on the same....
  6. just lost the recovery Key and administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    just lost the recovery Key and administrator password: just lost the recovery Key and administrator password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-lost-the-recovery-key-and-administrator/ae8157ba-3ce0-4036-845f-009b05ac6af4
  7. just lost the recovery Key and administrator password

just lost the recovery Key and administrator password: just lost the recovery Key and administrator password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-lost-the-recovery-key-and-administrator/ae8157ba-3ce0-4036-845f-009b05ac6af4
  8. I lost administrative privledges and tried every suggestion listed and need to quit hoping...

I lost administrative privledges and tried every suggestion listed and need to quit hoping...: Whenever a action on my Lenovo Windows 10 that need Administrative Priviledge the box that that pops up on the screen asked like it always has and you have to click on the YES r NO boxz, but in my case there is no YES box and the sytem is told NO and we move on and watch for...
  9. I lost administrative privledges and tried every suggestion listed and need to quit hoping...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost administrative privledges and tried every suggestion listed and need to quit hoping...: Whenever a action on my Lenovo Windows 10 that need Administrative Priviledge the box that that pops up on the screen asked like it always has and you have to click on the YES r NO boxz, but in my case there is no YES box and the sytem is told NO and we move on and watch for...
  10. I lost administrative privledges and tried every suggestion listed and need to quit hoping...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade