Windows 10: Lost all admin rights and account

Discus and support Lost all admin rights and account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi My son used netplwiz.. and might have as well downloaded a game without asking. Problem : we do not have any administrator rights (or account I'm... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gael, Dec 9, 2016.

1. gael Win User

Lost all admin rights and account

Hi
    My son used netplwiz.. and might have as well downloaded a game without asking.
    Problem : we do not have any administrator rights (or account I'm not a computer person). I've read and tried a lot of solutions proposed on different forums. All of them failed.
    Cannot use the comm prompt admin
    Cannot access Command Prompt through Advanced advance options.
    Try regedit with win+run and follow this Load Hive window system root drive (did not see this in peticular) so I selected > Windows > System32 > config. Access to config is denied so cannot find SAM.
    Restore is not working
    Network is block out (so no internet)
    Computer do not have a DVD slot (burning something is not an option)
    Pleeaaaaaaase heeeelp. I'm about to cry

:)

gael, Dec 9, 2016

2. Lost all admin rights and admin account is deleted

Hi

My son used netplwiz.. and might have as well downloaded a game without asking.

Problem : we do not have any administrator rights (or account I'm not a computer person). I've read and tried a lot of solutions proposed on different forums. All of them failed.

Cannot use the comm prompt admin

Cannot access Command Prompt through Advanced advance options.

Try regedit with win+run and follow this Load Hive window system root drive (did not see this in peticular) so I selected >
    Windows > System32 > config. Access to config is denied so cannot find SAM.

Restore is not working

Network is block out (so no internet)

Tried to boot to the command prompt by forcing the PC to boot into recovery mode. To convince Windows 10 it is 'broken' you should boot up and, when you see the Windows logo appear, for a laptop press and hold the power button (or press the reset button
    on a desktop) to kill it before it finishes booting. Repeat three times, on the third boot it will start in recovery mode. Not working. In blue screen I see Administrator but get the message that I don't have the right password.

Access Win syt 32 config via LoadHive is denied

Looking at existing account via Hkeylocal - software - windowsNT - current version - profile list and compare to mine, I thinks there might be a problem there.

Activited hidden Admin account or Rebuilding is not working (get pop-up saying I don't have the rights).

Pleaaaase heeeeelppppp. About to cry

ValerieDesmeules, Dec 9, 2016
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Lost all admin rights and admin account is deleted

Hi Valerie,

In order for us to assist you regarding the Admin rights issue on your computer. Kindly refer to the response of
    Isha Soni on this
    thread
    . This will provide you steps on how to run Safe Mode and SFC Scan on your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Dec 9, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums.

The first account Windows 10 sets up is always an administrator account. Subsequently you can use this to make more accounts. These would be standard accounts when you create them, but as an administrator you can promote them to be administrators too. Unfortunately an administrator can also demote their own account to a standard account, and it sounds like this is what your son has inadvertently done.

First, if you have any other accounts you can log in to, try loging in to each in turn to see if one is still an administrator. If it turn out you truly have no administrator accounts any more, don't despair, there is another one. It's the built-in account named Administrator. This is always disabled by default, but you can enable it. Then you can log in as Administrator and undo the damage your son has done by promoting your account back up to being an administrator again.

See option 4 in this tutorial...
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html.

It would be a good idea to disable the built-in Administrator again once you have finished using it. It's not safe to use Administrator as your regular account. It has unlimited access to the whole system and isn't protected by User Account Control (UAC) as normal administrators are. It would also be a sensible precaution to create at least one more local account that is an administrator - just in case your son has another 'accident'.

Bree, Dec 9, 2016
  5. gael Win User
    Hello Bree
    Thnaks for replying. The problem with the proposed solution is that to unable or disable the hidden built-in elevated Administrator account in Windows 10., you must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do the steps in this tutorial.
    I can't be signed in as such.
    Any other clue?

gael, Dec 9, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    You can boot to the command prompt and use option 4 by forcing the PC to boot into recovery mode. To convince Windows 10 it is 'broken' you should boot up and, when you see the Windows logo appear, for a laptop press and hold the power button (or press the reset button on a desktop) to kill it before it finishes booting. Repeat three times, on the third boot it will start in recovery mode. Them you can get to the advanced options and the command prompt to complete Option 4.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost all admin rights and account - Similar Threads - Lost admin rights

2. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  3. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  4. Lost admin rights to a random windows account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost admin rights to a random windows account: Hello,So the other day I noticed my only account on my laptop had lost administrator privileges to a random account that mysteriously appeared. The new random account has a password which I don`t know I tried guessing a few and also tried no password and it doesnt work....
  5. Lost Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Admin Rights: Hi, I recently followed a youtube video and stupidly deleted my admin rights. I have the upgrade version of win 10 and so don't have a disk. Most of the ways to recover admin rights seem to involve creating a new profile, and deleting the old one. I have no problem doing...
  6. Lost Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Admin Rights: [ATTACH] Hey guys, So I had to download a lockdown browser for my school Respondus lockdown browser). I started it to test it a few times. The last time it crashed. When I wanted to shut down my pc, I noticed I don't have the Sleep-Shutdown-Reset options anymore....
  7. lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost admin rights: after updating windows 10 I lost Admin Rights cant move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-rights/52641ba6-3a0b-405c-9130-c6cc527a6627
  8. Lost admin rights on my account

Lost admin rights on my account: Windows has created a duplicate account for same username without admin rights. Now every time I login it login with that account so I cannot access my original admin account. BitLocker is enabled on my laptop so I cannot reset Administrator account using safe mode. I can...
  9. Lost administration rights on admin account

Lost administration rights on admin account: I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command...
  10. Lost all Admin rights.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all Admin rights.: Hi, My brother thought by logging into his Microsoft account on our main computer would be very helpful. He then got admin rights. So, the past few days I have been trying to undo what he did and sure enough I have got his account off the computer. However, when making him...