Windows 10: Lost all Administrator permission

Discus and support Lost all Administrator permission in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Ha, ha, Denis! ( @Try3 ) You're too fast: having just read about your posting of this info to the Forums, I was just going to find that link and add it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

Lost all Administrator permission

Ha, ha, Denis! ( @Try3 ) You're too fast: having just read about your posting of this info to the Forums, I was just going to find that link and add it here. But you've already done this, sir. Good job!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018

2. Hello,

I have lost all my administrator permission. I have two profiles but both profiles are standard. I have tried every option that were listed on existing forums. Every option leads me to a pop-up screen stating I have no permission. Are there any other recommendations?

:)

needhelptoday, Apr 9, 2018
  3. BenHUH Win User
    I Lost my Administrator Permission

I had windows 10 64bit (10240) on my Terransforce P375SM,and My Account is microsoft Account(Administrator).I Lost my administrator permission when I restart my computer. My account is turn to be Guest account......I must set user permission by control
    panel everytime.

BenHUH, Apr 9, 2018
  4. Jamesg46 Win User

I Lost my Administrator Permission

To try to resolve my Windows 10 Start menu and unresponsive icons issue I followed several suggestions and created a Local User (non-Microsoft) account with Administrator status. I'm not sure if I actually got the chance to set a password or whether I've
    forgotten it. Either way I can't make any changes to the computer without the Local User Administrator account asking for a password.

I referred the issue to Microsoft Help and their contacts referred me to Microsoft Tech Services (through a link). Although everyone has been friendly and polite, all of their suggestions ended up required the Administrator approval (and that password).
    If Windows 10 had installed properly (after I'd zealously followed all the instructions) I wouldn't be in this predicament but then neither would I be if I'd remembered the password, if I had in fact set one).

HELP!!!

James

Jamesg46, Apr 9, 2018
  5. SoFine409 Win User
    Hi needhelptoday and welcome to the forum. Give this a try.
    Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    You should be able to use this account to elevate of of your standard user account to admin provledges.

SoFine409, Apr 9, 2018
  6. Hello SoFine409,
    First of all, thank you for your assistance. I have tried every option and had no success. I have no access to command prompt (admin). I have no access to run the recovery software.

7. Samuria Win User
    What happened to the administrator account there must have been one?

Samuria, Apr 9, 2018
  8. Lost all Administrator permission

Not sure what happened to the administrator account. A technician added a local user account because my original wasn't working appropriately. I tried to add another local user for the interns but I couldn't. This is when I learned I have no administrator account.

9. SoFine409 Win User
    what happens when you search for CMD in the search box and hit return?

SoFine409, Apr 10, 2018
  10. Bree New Member
    Then you have to use Option Five in the tutorial: Enable or Disable Built-in Administrator in Command Prompt at Boot. That is, you boot to Advanced Startup from an install or a recovery usb, and if you don't have one, see the tip at the top of Option Five...

11. Lost all Administrator permission [​IMG]

needhelptoday, Apr 10, 2018
  12. Try3 Win User
Thema:

1. Lost all Administrator permission - Similar Threads - Lost Administrator permission

2. I'm The Administrator: I've lost some permission.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm The Administrator: I've lost some permission.: Hi. I'm not an expert, too. Well, that's it! I have no more access to many running tasks because not available. Here are attached two photos showing my enviroment and the usual error message.So, many thanks in advance. Cheers, greysmouth IT....
  3. I'm The Administrator: I've lost some permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm The Administrator: I've lost some permission.: Hi. I'm not an expert, too. Well, that's it! I have no more access to many running tasks because not available. Here are attached two photos showing my enviroment and the usual error message.So, many thanks in advance. Cheers, greysmouth IT....
  4. I'm The Administrator: I've lost some permission.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have lost permission as an Administrator on my laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have lost permission as an Administrator on my laptop.: Because of this issue, i can not uninstall anything. C drive is locked & inaccessible. Can not open Task Manager. and so many things. What would be the reason for it and a solution for it? Thanks in advance...
  6. lost all administrator rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost all administrator rights: Hello, I have a new computer and somehow I have lost all administrator rights. The yes button is grayed out and it says to enter administrator information, but I can not. I've tried the following: 1. Adding a new user as an administrator, but it won't allow me to because...
  7. Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.: I had been looking around in the properties of my Local Disk, and I hit the security tab. I went into advanced, and I was messing around for a bit, when I accidentally took away all permissions of the local disk from the everyone group. I am not able to access the Local Disk...
  8. Lost Administrator permissions!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Administrator permissions!: Hi. So, after having an absolutely torrid time (nearly 2 hours) with a clueless agent on the Microsoft app i thought i'd try here as i'm so desperate now. It's a bit long-winded so bear with me. Ever since my Windows 10 updated to version 1709 i have had failures...
  9. lost all my administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost all my administrative privileges: i had logged into my windows 10 with my microsoft account.then it became nearly impossible to remove this account from my pc so that i set up a local account now.since that day all the yes button are grayed out .i cant change my account typt, nothing .i have done everything...
  10. Lost all permissions and control of files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost all permissions and control of files/folders: Hi all, earlier I plugged in the hard drive from my wife's PC into my own PC (both windows 10) so I could try to recover some files from it (as it's currently not booting into windows). As soon as I booted my PC back up I could see the second hard drive was there but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost administrator permission