Windows 10: Lost all my music !!

Discus and support Lost all my music !! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone please help. I have downloaded Windows 10 and can't play any of my music which was on media player or I tunes as it is unsupported. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SW1, Aug 18, 2015.

1. SW1
    SW1 Win User

Lost all my music !!

Can someone please help. I have downloaded Windows 10 and can't play any of my music which was on media player or I tunes as it is unsupported. I am not computer savvy. If I uninstall Windows 10 will I get my music back? *cry

:)

2. Windows 10 update lost my documents/my pictures/my music.

Why was all my pictures, favorites, music, and programs, lost and I cant go back like the windows 98 system to reset to bring back my stuff. I lost lots of music. Where is all my stuff. Help.

antonliveid, Aug 18, 2015
  3. abhayendu Win User
    Nokia 5130 XpressMusic

please help me.I formatted the phone memory and i lost all my stuffs including my music player,radio,browser.i tried to update using pc,but they shows no update is needed but i lost my music player etc.can anyone help me please:smileysad:

abhayendu, Aug 18, 2015
  4. mrgeek Win User

Lost all my music !!

"can't play any of my music which was on media player or I tunes as it is unsupported."

Does this message appear on the screen or in Windows Media Player ? What player were you using before and on what OS. 7 or 8.1 ? You trying to play mp3's ? I'm presuming all your music transferred since you can still see the song names to click.
    You should have a default music player. Open Settings in the Action Center and type 'default' in the search box. Change, if needed to a compatible one. You can download VLC Player as a free last resort but your old ones should work fine. Windows 10 includes Media Player.

mrgeek, Aug 18, 2015
  5. Is the music still on your computer somewhere? Did you download the music through iTunes or did you download the music and put it into iTunes? Try finding wherever you downloaded your music, and see if the music files are still there.

shadow2201, Aug 18, 2015
  6. robgr Win User
    Change the default apps, see here

robgr, Aug 18, 2015
  7. Harpert Win User
    The update should not delete any files.
    I guess the files containing the music are still there, but might not be easy to locate.

If you know (part of) a title, type it in search (make sure it's only searching your pc, not the net)
    when located, RIGHT click and click on: "open file location"
    pretty sure you will find many other titles there also *Smile

Good luck....

Harpert, Aug 18, 2015
  8. SW1
    SW1 Win User

Lost all my music !!

Hi Mr Geek and Shadow 2201.

I was using Windows 7.1. My music files are still showing. I put some on from CDS and downloaded from ITunes but always made new CDS for the car in MP3 format, so my music was MP3 and MPA/MP4 (I think). I really don't understand all this default programmes stuff and only use my laptop to make cds, emails and bit of browsing. I am probably a lost cause!!!

9. mrgeek Win User
    I have over 6000 mp3s on my computer, I'd be lost w/o them. I hope it's not a copyright issue with iTunes on a diff device but the hardware did not change with the Win10 upgrade, so I doubt it is that.

Click Action Center icon (just left of time in lower R). Click 'All settings'. Type 'default' into 'find a setting' search box (upper R). Click 'default app settings'. What is your Music Player ? Set to what you had before (what was it ?) Next, hit arrow back (upper L) and type default again in search box. Go down to 'Choose default app for each file type'. Scroll down to mp3 and set to your preferred player, if it's not now.

mrgeek, Aug 18, 2015
  10. SW1
    SW1 Win User
    Still not worked, although it's probably me !!! - now saying something about CODEC and compressed ??? I think I'm just going to uninstall Windows 10. Thanks for your help though.

11. robgr Win User
    Don't uninstall windows 10, that's a sledge hammer to crack a nut *Smile
    To cut through this try and install a player like VLC or BSplayer (they should install any required codecs as part of the install)

robgr, Aug 18, 2015
  12. NUS
    Nus Win User
  13. SW1
    SW1 Win User

Lost all my music !!

Fantastic - VLC has worked. Thank you all - you are on my Chrimbo list for saving my music and my sanity X

14. Glad you got it working again! That's what the great people on this forum are here for!

shadow2201, Aug 18, 2015
  15. SW1
    SW1 Win User
    Absolutely - it's a good job you lot are out there for computer illiterates like myself. Thanks again everyone.*Smile*Biggrin

Thema:

Lost all my music !!

1. Lost all my music !! - Similar Threads - Lost music

2. Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files: My Dell Inspiron 3670 needed a new motherboard. The tech came and put one in. Now I have lost almost every single music file I had downloaded and Groove Music is no longer appearing as a program on my computer.I didn't ask for the files to be associated with Groove Music...
  3. Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files: My Dell Inspiron 3670 needed a new motherboard. The tech came and put one in. Now I have lost almost every single music file I had downloaded and Groove Music is no longer appearing as a program on my computer.I didn't ask for the files to be associated with Groove Music...
  4. Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Original video length is lost after testing background music feature on video editor app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Original video length is lost after testing background music feature on video editor app.: For the video editor app, i was testing the background music feature and all of a sudden my video lengths were trimmed and even if i change back to none background music, i still can't revert the video back to its original length. Can i change it back to the original length?...
  6. Original video length is lost after testing background music feature on video editor app.

Original video length is lost after testing background music feature on video editor app.: For the video editor app, i was testing the background music feature and all of a sudden my video lengths were trimmed and even if i change back to none background music, i still can't revert the video back to its original length. Can i change it back to the original length?...
  7. After I reset my Laptop back to factory settings, I lost all the apps like camera, music...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After I reset my Laptop back to factory settings, I lost all the apps like camera, music...: After I reset my Laptop back to factory settings, I lost all the apps like camera, music player, photo viewer, and the windows store as well. How can I get these apps back?...
  8. Lost music, picture, documents, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost music, picture, documents, etc.: Went to work on my computer, but when I turned it on, I found an error stating I needed a disk to hard boot it! I was able to get to order of start up and got the computer to work, and everything was there 10 days ago. Yesterday, it was gone...everything. All the folders were...
  9. lost music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost music: on laptop last night and 3/4 of my music gone from windows media player and groove music. artwork for albums also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-music/afa8b584-5fd8-4496-91d5-285aa25a2dde
  10. Has anyone else lost the ability to play music from amazon prime since updating their...

Has anyone else lost the ability to play music from amazon prime since updating their...: Not sure if this is the right forum for this but here goes. I upgraded my microsoft edge browser, and now I cannot play music from Amazon prime nor will certain radio stations play. It looks like they are playing music but there is no sound. Chrome plays them ok so its not...