Windows 10: lost audio on HP DV6700 laptop since upgrading to W10

Discus and support lost audio on HP DV6700 laptop since upgrading to W10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; lost audio on HP DV6700 laptop since upgrading to Windows 10 have removed sound device from device manager and reinstalled, have replaced driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Aug 7, 2015.

1. lost audio on HP DV6700 laptop since upgrading to W10

lost audio on HP DV6700 laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

have removed sound device from device manager and reinstalled, have replaced driver with previously saved W7 driver....still nothing, not even the windows system sounds, critical battery etc....

all seems eps ok except this.....saw a post that says the sound is integrated with the graphic card, but the graphic card now has a windows 10 driver from nvidea.....maybe should downgrade GPU with W7 driver...

any my thoughts please ?

UPDATE....
    just tried the idea of setting frequency to 16bit 9600 but I received no sound output error box....then went to enhancements settings where it has bass etc etc settings, was disabled so enabled it without choosing any option..then went back to frequency and changed it to default, which is 24 bit 19200....then was told not supported by this device but then miraculously it worked....now have all sound restored windows music everything...not sure if still have windows 7 driver...it is MS 2008... really scared to update the driver as it is all now working....not sure how I fixed it though, was it one particular action ? or a combination...? maybe it might help,others...

:)

reddwarf4ever, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Bill FL Win User

ThinkPad R400 has lost it's sound/audio.

Anju,

I got my sound/audio back. From the audio troubleshooter I closed "All Enhancements" and I now have the audio back on my Laptop with W10. Thank you.

Bill FL, Aug 7, 2015
  3. JELaBarre Win User
    Moving Technical Preview to other machine

I had been running the MSWin10 Technical Preview on an old laptop that was given to me (HP DV6700) ever since late 2014 (some build in the 9000-series). I know it definitely been recognized in my list of hardware around build 10130.

That machine no longer powers on, so I have another used system I would like to run the preview on. However, I cannot find a way to re-assign the licence from the DV6700 to this one.

JELaBarre, Aug 7, 2015
  4. lost audio on HP DV6700 laptop since upgrading to W10

updated sound driver and all still ok.....amazed I got it working.....

reddwarf4ever, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Lost sound again, uninstalled soundcard, will not reinstall and tried installing drivers from hp website but said no device found

help please

reddwarf4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

lost audio on HP DV6700 laptop since upgrading to W10

1. lost audio on HP DV6700 laptop since upgrading to W10 - Similar Threads - lost audio DV6700

2. HP laptop won't stay connected since Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP laptop won't stay connected since Windows 10 upgrade: I have followed the forum instructions for this problem, to DESELECT the choice to allow my computer to be shut off. This has not worked. Some days, I seriously drop my connection every 2-3 minutes. I can't get anything done! This was not a problem with Windows 7...EVER. Is...
  3. HP W10 laptop incredibly zoomed in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP W10 laptop incredibly zoomed in.: An acquaintance's laptop has zoomed in to incredible levels with seemingly no solution. CTRL+wheeldown or +/- does nothing. I cannot access Windows personalization settings because of the severity of the zoom: https://i.imgur.com/frSB4jD.jpg...
  4. HP Realtek High Definition Audio Device output reduced since i upgraded to W10 on Sony Vaio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Realtek High Definition Audio Device output reduced since i upgraded to W10 on Sony Vaio.: I have a Sony Vaio laptop. I upgraded to W10 when it was available. Since then, my audio device has malfunctioned. Its output has reduced drastically. I have to set volume level at 100 to get audible sound. Earlier, sound level at 20-30 was enough to listen to music and...
  5. Lost 'View' of files since 1809 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost 'View' of files since 1809 upgrade: Since last update (1809) I have lost any "view" of drives and files except 'General' in File Explorer. If I try to change the view to Music or Documents, Pictures or Videos, it just goes back to General. Is there a setting anywhere that will correct this? Thanks for any...
  6. No audio no HP s5580t since Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio no HP s5580t since Windows 10 upgrade: Since upgrading to Windows 10 last week I have been unable to get audio from my computer. The icon in the system tray shows a pop-up that says, "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." If I open the Sounds control window, however, it shows that my speakers are plugged in....
  7. W10 Laptop lost start password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Laptop lost start password: Was OK but now it does not recognize my password. what to do? to start? BUT the same password works OK on my W10 PC !!! ......nick Home build, Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel, Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 95W 2.4GHz, OCZ Vendetta Cpu Cooler, 2x2GB, 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 800...
  8. Laptop Wi-Fi permanently disabled since W10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop Wi-Fi permanently disabled since W10 upgrade.: Hi all, Upon upgrading to W10 my laptops wireless was given an update from windows update which added new drivers for the wireless card. Since this update my on-board WI-Fi is no longer functioning. The adapter is there, but it says there are no networks available. If i...
  9. Timeout Settings not working since W10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Timeout Settings not working since W10 Upgrade: Prior to W10 Upgrade (when I was on W7), my laptop would go 'off' - as programmed in my Settings - after X minutes' idleness (though if I caught it as it was just going off, & I tapped a key or moved the mouse, it would revert to the screen (progs, open windows etc) I'd been...
  10. Upgrading a corporate laptop to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading a corporate laptop to W10: So I have a computer that my father gave me. It was from his old office. It's an older machine with W7. It either has professional or ultimate. It was linked to a domain. They had some kind of professional IT service setup all the computers at his office. I believe the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp dv6700 r win 10