Windows 10: Lost contact

Discus and support Lost contact in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was in the middle of quite a long message just now when my machine just went blank - fortunately the message was retrieved but it has left me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Sep 1, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Lost contact

I was in the middle of quite a long message just now when my machine just went blank - fortunately the message was retrieved but it has left me wondering what could have caused the because the machine (laptop) has a fully charged battery and is always hooked up to the mains power.

I checked to se if any updates were going on in the update history but nothing out of the ordinary and they were only being checked at the time of this dropout. Could it be something to do with the checking of updates?? But the point is if the message was not saved it could mean a lot of retyping.

Temps are looking ok though at 55C spiking to 60C a bit on the warm side for me (Processor is an i7 4700 HQ) though it does have a Tjunction of 100C I would just like any suggestions please.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Sep 1, 2017
  2. LiaoEna Win User

Lost phone, lost contact

I lost my phone last weekend but there are some important contacts

Is it possible to get my contact?

Does it automatically saved to somewhere else on the internet?

LiaoEna, Sep 1, 2017
  3. [ Pete ] Win User
    Lost phone, lost contact

Yes, go to your outlook.com web page, click on the grid icon in the top left of the web page, and then choose the People tile. Your contacts will be listed there.

[ Pete ], Sep 1, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Lost contact

Lappys, just as towers, need to be cleaned of dust periodaically. Could be a heat problem in that it flipped out the graphics module. In fact, I was just thinking of cleaning my machines.

Edit:

Sorry. My reading skills are not up to par this morning. Made a mistake misreading something on another thread. *Redface Need more coffee I guess.

Tony K, Sep 1, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    My lappy with an i5 runs in the 45-55c range. i7 is known to draw a bit more, so 55-60c is not unheard of. Glad you did get the message retrieved ok. Check the Event Viewer logs to see if anything pops out, especially Critical or Error having to do with Power and the Kernel.

f14tomcat, Sep 1, 2017
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Ok Dick must check the EV didn't think of that one and while I do live in a dusty old house I cannot visibly see any dust on the cooling fins on either side. Trouble is taking this machine down is an awful fiddle because of ? internal filters but I guess I will have to one days and like I said it only spikes to 60C. However my other Asus laptop with the i7 in it runs at 50% more speed than the larger ROG and never spikes and I used to use that machine far more than the ROG.
    Having said that I ma using a different drive in the machine for the time being as I was trying to get it to a dual boot using a VHD but just haven't got around to it.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost contact

1. Lost contact - Similar Threads - Lost contact

2. I was using windows 10 e-mail. I lost all of my contacts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was using windows 10 e-mail. I lost all of my contacts.: I am using windows 10 e-mail.While using the e-mail a pop up window appeared asking if I wanted to share my contacts.I answered NO. Immediately my contact list disappeared and did not return. My people icon alsowould not open. A note on the pop up said that this could be...
  3. I was using windows 10 e-mail. I lost all of my contacts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was using windows 10 e-mail. I lost all of my contacts.: I am using windows 10 e-mail.While using the e-mail a pop up window appeared asking if I wanted to share my contacts.I answered NO. Immediately my contact list disappeared and did not return. My people icon alsowould not open. A note on the pop up said that this could be...
  4. New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...: New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to use gmail but will do if necessary. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-outlook-is-slow-and-i-have-lost-some-contacts/80bb1e00-c728-43af-8cac-201c15bf5f6e
  5. New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...

New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...: New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to use gmail but will do if necessary. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-outlook-is-slow-and-i-have-lost-some-contacts/80bb1e00-c728-43af-8cac-201c15bf5f6e
  6. New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail: I have Windows 10. This morning when I opened Mail Contacts to find an email address, a pop up box asked something like 'Click if I wanted to give people access to my Contacts' I clicked 'no' as I assumed this was giving a permission to third parties etc. The pop up also said...
  8. I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail

I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail: I have Windows 10. This morning when I opened Mail Contacts to find an email address, a pop up box asked something like 'Click if I wanted to give people access to my Contacts' I clicked 'no' as I assumed this was giving a permission to third parties etc. The pop up also said...
  9. I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Notes field in some Contacts in Exchange / Outlook / ActiveSync lost most text in a few...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notes field in some Contacts in Exchange / Outlook / ActiveSync lost most text in a few...: A few months ago I migrated our Exchange to a new provider with a good and long-standing reputation. No issues so far -- except one.I recently noticed that in the Notes field for a certain Contact, most of the lengthy text that was in there has disappeared, leaving only the...