Windows 10: Lost data wordpad, any way to recover it?

Discus and support Lost data wordpad, any way to recover it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I never use wordpad, but recently recieved an email response with a wordpad doc attatched. I wanted to respond to a number of points in this doc, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SaltySeadog1, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Lost data wordpad, any way to recover it?

I never use wordpad, but recently recieved an email response with a wordpad doc attatched. I wanted to respond to a number of points in this doc, so I decided to start writing within the doc I had opened at the top of the conversation, instead of writing in a new one.

I clicked "save" multiple times throughout the day but didnt get it finished, so did one final save and turned off the PC. Today when I open that doc back up, its just the original and nothing has been edited or saved at all!! I might have also clicked "save as" aswell, but I cant really find a different save name. Is there any way at all to recover this? I will try literally anythying!! Thanks...

:)

SaltySeadog1, Aug 9, 2016

2. Lost all my data in HTC phone memory - windows phone 8.1

Means i lost all....?? Lost data wordpad, any way to recover it? :(

Cant recover any data using data recovery technologies?

AbuAbdilla, Aug 9, 2016
  3. VPAravind Win User
    How to recover deleted drivers after system reset- keep my files option.

Is there any other way to install my driver? There is a bunch of them. Also can we use windows.old to recover any lost data? If so, what are the types that could be recovered?

Thank you

Aravind

VPAravind, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Lost data wordpad, any way to recover it?

If it wasn't saved, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Try searching in File Explorer

type a period in the search box - that is a wildcard and should return all files
    Then click the date modified column to sort
    then scroll down to the files and look for a txt or rft file with a stamp of yesterday

You could also sort by type and look at the txt and rft groups.

I don;t know what you saved as, but those are common types

Slartybart, Aug 9, 2016
  5. Molyy Win User
    Molyy, Aug 9, 2016
  6. Wait-a-minit ... if you saved as then the file is just a different name. Once you save as subsequent saves go to that file, not the original.

If you open the blue File menu in Wordpad, are there any files in the Recent pane (right)

Lost data wordpad, any way to recover it? [​IMG]

Slartybart, Aug 10, 2016
  7. Cheers for the help everyone.

I have tried this suggestion, and im pretty sure I did save the file using "save as" under a different name than the original, problem is I also created abot 10 more trying to fix the problem and have confused myself a little! Anyway im almost certain Im trying to open the right document, but when I click on it, wordpad wont open it and just stays stuck in a loading and unresponsive state. I can open every other doc just fine, but just not this one! Murphys law in full swing...

Edit: Not sure if its relevant, but im getting a banner that pops up when I open other documents stating "Wordpad does not support all of the features of this documents format, some content might be missing or displayed imroperly" Could this have something to do with it? Thanks again.

SaltySeadog1, Aug 10, 2016
  8. Lost data wordpad, any way to recover it?

Many applications can read or write in differnt formats, the banner is only telling you that a non-native Wordpad format might not be fully represented in Wordpad. It's normal.

Curiousity -> What is the file extension or filetype of the file that gives you the banner.

Try File Explorer search

Navigate to This PC
    Copy the following line and paste it in the search box

Date:‎08/‎09/‎16 .. ‎08/‎10/‎16 kind:=Document
    Click the Type column heading to sort by type, then let the search cook.

Look at the document types that Wordpad can save as

Lost data wordpad, any way to recover it? [​IMG]

You might find it that way - best of luck ... I'm out of ideas

Bill

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost data wordpad, any way to recover it?

1. Lost data wordpad, any way to recover it? - Similar Threads - Lost data wordpad

2. Hello, is there any way to recover any lost files on my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, is there any way to recover any lost files on my hard drive?: I lost all 800GB of data on my TranscendElite Hard Drive after installing a USB Drive for Windows 10 on it not knowing what it would do, which I know, is very stupid and I have no restore points or File History saves on that drive since I was unable to unfortunately. It...
  3. Hello, is there any way to recover any lost files on my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, is there any way to recover any lost files on my hard drive?: I lost all 800GB of data on my TransendElite Hard Drive after installing a USB Drive for Windows 10 on it not knowing what it would do, which I know, is very stupid and I have no restore points or File History saves on that drive since I was unable to unfortunately. I'm...
  4. How to recover lost partition data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover lost partition data: When I was trying to solve this:I do thisWhich deleted all my partition but I stopped here and do not install windows.Is there any way to recover my data or partition?It is very important for me.Please help anyone....
  5. Minecraft world lost after deleting and reinstalling, any way to recover it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft world lost after deleting and reinstalling, any way to recover it?: Hi, I wanted to revisit a Minecraft world a friend and I made on Minecraft Bedrock edition using the Xbox console companion app on my PC Windows 10. I was in version 1.17.10 but he, an Xbox 1 player, was on 1.17.2 and couldn't regress to a previous version and thus we...
  6. Recover lost data after mishandling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recover lost data after mishandling: Hi everyone I'm looking for a free tool to retrieve data I lost after mishandling from my little cousin. He totally removed the only user installed (reset to factory value or maybe he formatted the disk I'm not sure) can anyone help please? submitted by /u/kheirus [link]...
  7. Any way to recover a permanently lost folder in OneDrive?

Any way to recover a permanently lost folder in OneDrive?: I mistakenly deleted a folder from my OneDrive. By the time I noticed the folder was missing 30 days had passed so it was also gone from my OneDrive recycle bin. Is there any possibility of recovering the folder, or is it just lost forever? I appreciate any advice you can...
  8. Data Lost! How to recover?

Data Lost! How to recover?: I have recently upgrade my Windows 10 to 18309 pre build my photos of one folder have been lost not opening But all files are there! Only not opening Video shoing this error 0x80004005 and photos shhows"we are unable to open this file! Space is also full but only files are...
  9. Accidentaly lost Windows.old folder. Any way to recover?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Accidentaly lost Windows.old folder. Any way to recover?: So today I performed a system file cleanup on my Local Disk (C*Smile and it permanently deleted my Windows.old folder. It contained VERY important files to me. I tried doing everything to recover it. I used EaseUS it didn't find it. I tried creating it again and looking at...
  10. Recover lost partitions and data

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recover lost partitions and data: I appreciate the help with this issue. I did something stupid, I freely admit that. Now I need help to fix the problem. My laptop running Windows 10 updated to the latest build and would not boot. I kept getting Missing boot manager missing. Eventually I removed the drive and...