Windows 10: Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in...

Discus and support Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 1709 & 1803 Lost icons I am currently going through all UK Windows 10 users and implementing Microsoft One Drive for Business. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anthony Gifford, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in...

Windows 10 1709 & 1803 Lost icons

I am currently going through all UK Windows 10 users and implementing Microsoft One Drive for Business.

I currently have 2 users in the UK that are having issues after I have disabled offline files in Sync centre they lose all desktop and taskbar Icons when not connected to the network.

If I leave Offline files enabled I get the desktop and taskbar icons when on or off the network

If a user is connecting VIA VPN they must wait a little before the desktop and taskbar icon appear

I am sure I will find this issue on more laptops as I move them across to One Drive

:)

Anthony Gifford, Aug 20, 2018
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 20, 2018
  3. sixt5cuda Win User
    Windows 10 lost my pinned OneDrive file links on the task bar

First, my files are not missing, I simply cannot access them the same way I did with Windows 8 and 8.1

Correct behavior from Windows 8.1:

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) Find and open Notepad file "Notes.txt" located in a OneDrive folder

3) Notepad is pinned to the task bar

4) Right-click on Notepad icon in task bar

5) List of recent files appears, including files recently opened on OneDrive

6) Right-click on "Notes.txt", left-click on Pin To This List

7) "Notes.txt" is now quickly accessible from the list of files in the Notepad list on the task bar

Under Windows 10, step 5 is broken. Files located on OneDrive never appear in the list of recent items for a pinned application on the task bar. This behavior is duplicated on the Start Menu Jump List.

Under Windows 8.1, I had many pinned documents connected to applications on my task bar. As soon as Windows 10 booted the first time, these links disappeared. Links to documents on the desktop or in my local Documents folder, remained linked to task bar
    applications.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is it just my computer?

sixt5cuda, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in...

Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in...

1. Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in... - Similar Threads - Lost desktop task

2. Lost Task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Task bar: Task bar will not come out of auto hide. A reboot does not fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-task-bar/bcf0b74a-b9c9-46ea-a2fb-5437750ab917
  3. Lost Task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Task bar: Task bar will not come out of auto hide. A reboot does not fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-task-bar/bcf0b74a-b9c9-46ea-a2fb-5437750ab917
  4. Windows 10 Virtual Desktops - different task bar icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Virtual Desktops - different task bar icons?: I would like to hopefully setup my two virtual desktops, personal & work. but I would like to have different task bar icons based off each virtual desktop. Is this possible? How are you guys using Virtual Desktops ? submitted by /u/mfalzon86 [link] [comments]...
  5. Task bar not working & no desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar not working & no desktop icons: i’ve been gone for the past 6 months, i got on my computer today and turned it on, it loaded up fine, logged in just to find i have no desktop icons, my taskbar just had the loading circle and i can’t load anything, please help. submitted by /u/AmishCherries [link]...
  6. Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash: #Windows 10 Pro N after file explorer or some app lunched, some of my app icons from desktop and task bar have changed to Blank app icons. i tried many ways to solve this problem but didn't work. etc. - delete IconCache.db from C Drive, rebuild but it doesn't work. -...
  7. Windows 10 Desktop, Task bar, Start icons blank

Windows 10 Desktop, Task bar, Start icons blank: HIl, I have issue with icons in windows 10, suddenly most of the icons in the desktop, task bar and start menu. I have updated windows to latest build but still same issue. Kindly please help me to solve the issue. Thank you....
  8. WIN 10 desktop icons lost or turned blank

WIN 10 desktop icons lost or turned blank: Suddenly several desktop icons for programs that I installed disappeared or their picture turned to a white rectangle. How do I fix this? Thanks Mark Markett...
  9. I can't turn on power icon on task bar

I can't turn on power icon on task bar: I can't turn on power icon on task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/i-cant-turn-on-power-icon-on-task-bar/48f37599-5db4-489f-ab01-7fab44339a80
  10. 1709 or 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1709 or 1803: With all of the posts about troubles with the 1803 version, is it even worth it to install the new version? I have 1709 and am enjoying it. I have read about the add ons and deletion of the different things in 1803 and none of the new add ons I would even use. What is the...