Windows 10: Lost desktop completely.

Discus and support Lost desktop completely. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all. This may well be my own fault but anyway, i was transferring music and other items to a newly purchased external hard drive last night and must... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Telboy., Aug 1, 2018.

1. Telboy. Win User

Lost desktop completely.

Hi all. This may well be my own fault but anyway, i was transferring music and other items to a newly purchased external hard drive last night and must have mistakenly transferred my desktop. I could see it on the hard drive so i tried to transfer it back and it disappeared altogether.

I can't find it anywhere on my laptop. Is the only way i can resolve this to reinstall Windows 10 or is there an easier fix?

Any advice much appreciated.

Telboy.

:)

Telboy., Aug 1, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Lost desktop completely. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 1, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 1, 2018
  4. GSG-9 Win User

Lost desktop completely.

Lost the Seagate...

The drive seems to be completely dead, my computer will not boot if I have it connected...to the windows cd or the new installation on the F1 drive (which is the boot drive now by the way)

Thanks for the above article, im booting into Vista: U 64 right now, I cant follow those steps if the drive is in, it will lock up before it gets that far or if its not a cold boot the drive does not appear on the list.

GSG-9, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Lost desktop completely.

1. Lost desktop completely. - Similar Threads - Lost desktop completely

2. Completely lost al sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Completely lost al sound: I am using HP 550-153w All In One and W10 1909 Version 18363.836 I don't know what happened but I completely lost sound. I used to hear the Microsoft song when I started and I had no trouble 4 hors ago, now there is no sound at all. I tried the troubleshooter but that did...
  3. File lost on Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File lost on Desktop: I was creating an image file (png) and I saved it to my desktop. I then went to send it to someone, realized I had forgotten something, then went in to edit it again. I received an error that I could not access the file due to not having permissions, despite being the...
  4. Lost Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Desktop: I rebooted my pc and have lost access to the desktop. It looks more like a start page. How do I get my desktop back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop/97af6667-dfd3-4562-8b72-a0dd002aaad4
  5. lost desktop

lost desktop: I just had the latest update to windows 10 and lost my entire desktop. how do i restore the icons and task bar icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop/4c9d11e8-78dc-4541-a0af-004a9a376b23
  6. Lost DeskTop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost DeskTop: I lost my desktop file when my my laptop updated windows 10 black screen task bar on bottom recycle bin on top can't access anything to repair any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop/7f16bd6d-cd66-4b94-8f0b-3d4a80339a5d
  7. lost desktop

lost desktop: My computer did an update on windows 10 and now it can't find the desktop, nothing works and I have a black screen. A dialog box does come up saying the desktop is missing or moved...
  8. Completely Lost Sound

Completely Lost Sound: Hi long time no see. Here I come with my problem So I decided to clean my PC, been a while and had to clean it. So I disconnected everything from motherboard cleaned everything etc. Connecting everything back in, have no sound. 1st thought i forgot one cable to...
  9. Lost Desktop

Lost Desktop: In Win 10; Yesterday I ran RegCurePro. It told me to reboot. After It restarted I had no Desktop and I haven't been able to get it back. The only way tat I can do anything on my computer is to type Desktop in the Start menu and select the program from that menu. Otherwise the...
  10. Completely lost internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Completely lost internet connection: So I randomly lost all internet connection on my desktop PC through Ethernet and WiFi. All other devices work on the network except for the PC. I have tried all steps I’ve found through google to fix it but it hasn’t worked. I honestly have no clue what to do. PC SPECS:...