Windows 10: Lost Desktop

Discus and support Lost Desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In Win 10; Yesterday I ran RegCurePro. It told me to reboot. After It restarted I had no Desktop and I haven't been able to get it back. The only way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LesHurley, Sep 16, 2016.

1. LesHurley Win User

Lost Desktop

In Win 10; Yesterday I ran RegCurePro. It told me to reboot. After It restarted I had no Desktop and I haven't been able to get it back. The only way tat I can do anything on my computer is to type Desktop in the Start menu and select the program from that menu. Otherwise the screen is totally black. What can I do to get it back. thanks.

:)

LesHurley, Sep 16, 2016

2. Lost desktop

Thank you!!! This worked perfectly.

I guess my only question is - how does Microsoft Windows change it's settings on it's own? And, how do I prevent it from changing the settings on it's own in the future?

Chris M_003, Sep 16, 2016
  3. mrsoft Win User
    LOST DESKTOP??

Hi George222

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I typed tablet mode in search and it came up with it's own settings were I was able to change things to my taste one being "open up in Desktop mode"

Still don't know how or why it changed itself but hey ho! all sorted.

Thank you once again Lost Desktop :)

mrsoft, Sep 16, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Lost Desktop

Hi Les,
    Did you have system restore turned on before this happened, and a restore point created?

Lost Desktop [​IMG]

If not, then, I believe a reset is about your only easy option.
    Can you open the settings app and get here?

Lost Desktop [​IMG]

Here is a tutorial: Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Cliff S, Sep 16, 2016
Thema:

Lost Desktop

1. Lost Desktop - Similar Threads - Lost Desktop

2. During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...: During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my local Desktop files and i see the old desktop saved on OneDrive, when i unlink the OneDrive my Desktop folder not showing either on Users/xxxx/Desktop or Users/xxxx/OneDrive/Desktop ,...
  3. During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...: During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my local Desktop files and i see the old desktop saved on OneDrive, when i unlink the OneDrive my Desktop folder not showing either on Users/xxxx/Desktop or Users/xxxx/OneDrive/Desktop ,...
  4. Lost my desktop files.

Lost my desktop files.: Hello I have lost my desktop files and they aren't in my storage either. This started when logged in an account witch wasn't mine and I couldn't switch account so I transfered my desktop from my real account to the other one. And when I restarted my pc it booted in to my real...
  5. Lost my desktop files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my desktop files.: Hello I have lost my desktop files and they aren't in my storage either. This started when logged in an account witch wasn't mine and I couldn't switch account so I transfered my desktop from my real account to the other one. And when I restarted my pc it booted in to my real...
  6. All my important desktop items and files are lost as I deleted desktop in OneDrive and then...

All my important desktop items and files are lost as I deleted desktop in OneDrive and then...: I have two outlook e-mail addresses. On one I have a subscription of Office 365. Anyway I did not realize and uploaded a bunch of videos and pics from an outdoor camera on Onedrive and I guess they went to the free one and it started giving me message that I went over my...
  7. All my important desktop items and files are lost as I deleted desktop in OneDrive and then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my important desktop items and files are lost as I deleted desktop in OneDrive and then...: I have two outlook e-mail addresses. On one I have a subscription of Office 365. Anyway I did not realize and uploaded a bunch of videos and pics from an outdoor camera on Onedrive and I guess they went to the free one and it started giving me message that I went over my...
  8. I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.: I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-access-to-some-of-my-desktop-folders-it/71028c90-78ab-4c9f-aa6c-a2fbf7253fd6
  9. I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.

I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is unavailable.: I lost access to some of my desktop folders. It says the location is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-access-to-some-of-my-desktop-folders-it/71028c90-78ab-4c9f-aa6c-a2fbf7253fd6
  10. I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!: My computer was giving me a warning for the storage being too full, and the "Free Up Space" option wasn't being any help, so I opened up Treesize and tried to find something to delete there.I saw that Onedrive was taking up a lot of space, so I went to the Onedrive app and...