Windows 10: Lost Edge Faves After Factory Wipe and Win 10 Reinstall ... Now What?

Discus and support Lost Edge Faves After Factory Wipe and Win 10 Reinstall ... Now What? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; OK, here's the order of awful events: 1. I install Windows 10, and there's much rejoicing (for about a week). 2. I switch to MS Edge because it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by blueowl, Aug 23, 2015.

1. blueowl Win User

Lost Edge Faves After Factory Wipe and Win 10 Reinstall ... Now What?

OK, here's the order of awful events:

1. I install Windows 10, and there's much rejoicing (for about a week).
    2. I switch to MS Edge because it seems so awesome. I move all of my browser favorites from Chrome to Edge, and them remove them from Chrome to "clean it up" (since I now only use Chrome for work-related stuff). I realize, looking back, what a dumb move this was.
    3. In my irrational exuberance over Windows 10, I don't bother backing up my favorites.
    4. It all falls apart about a week in, when I experience, a) Idle computer turning into a black screen with no mouse and a non-responsive keyboard, b) The dreaded Win 10 reboot loop, c) Laptop overheating that actually BURNS skin, and d) a complete meltdown of the system, which includes failure of all diagnostic tests and an eventual emergency factory reset of the laptop.
    5. During this reset, of course, I tried to save some files, but I wasn't that successful. I was so frustrated at that point that I just opted to move forward with the complete wipe so I could have a working computer.
    6. After some tough love and trust exercises, I reinstalled Windows 10 and we're living in a kind of delicate peace.

EXCEPT - all of my dozens of bookmarks, collected over several years, are completely gone. I can't find them in any hidden nook of the computer, nor in any of my backup files on my external drive. Am I screwed? Tell it to me straight.

:)

blueowl, Aug 23, 2015

2. Favorites disappeared from Microsoft Edge after November upgrade

I lost a bunch of my favourites in Edge after I got home from Christmas away and some update ran on my PC. I tried the last user's fix to "import them from IE" even though I never created them in IE, I created them in Edge - and I am afraid I did not get
    the desired results. Some old faves appeared from somewhere but all the faves I created from the last few months are gone. Very frustrating! I guess I am going to give up on Edge too although I was finding it to be pretty fast. And I am going to have to try
    to recreate all those faves, if I can even find them again.... AAARGH, this is not how I was planning to spend my time tonight.

FrustratedUser90123, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Import windows 7 favourites to Windows 10favorites

So my understanding from post response's is that in order to get my favorites into windows 10 is to hit the hub icon in edge and choose import faves. Then choose which browser to import from(i.e. 11 in my case, from win 7). Is that about right?

ranger_535, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Lost Edge Faves After Factory Wipe and Win 10 Reinstall ... Now What?

1. Lost Edge Faves After Factory Wipe and Win 10 Reinstall ... Now What? - Similar Threads - Lost Edge Faves

2. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost windows 10 after factory reset.: I have a pavilion all in one computer. Before the holidays last year this computer did a windows 10 update. This update caused all types of problems. I got online and found there were alot of people having the same issue. They were all saying that they did a "uninstall latest...
  3. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost windows 10 after factory reset.: I have a pavilion all in one computer. Before the holidays last year this computer did a windows 10 update. This update caused all types of problems. I got online and found there were alot of people having the same issue. They were all saying that they did a "uninstall latest...
  4. "Handicapped Lost my Outlook OneDrive and Word after factory reinstall"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Handicapped Lost my Outlook OneDrive and Word after factory reinstall": "Handicapped..... Lost my Outlook, OneDrive, and Word, after factory reinstall" Hello I am not that PC savvy. I had to Factory reset my PC. It would not except my outlook address and It had to create a new outlook account. When I entered my original address it said " account...
  5. MS Update has wiped out Edge tab history. What now??

MS Update has wiped out Edge tab history. What now??: Latest Microsoft update that was PUSHED THROUGH has wiped out ALL open tabs on Microsoft Edge. Going to History takes me back three whole days. Whoop di doo. So every tab that was open, that I was working with, has been wiped out. Is there any way to recover?...
  6. Reinstall WIN 10 without edge update

Reinstall WIN 10 without edge update: Windows edge updated my laptop without asking. Original edge worked fine, the update has many issues. As designed, I could not uninstall this problem update. I spent hours trying to remove, without success. I tried reverting to an earlier version without success. I reset...
  7. Lost windows 10 after factory reset

Lost windows 10 after factory reset: Hi I have a Dell laptop with Windows 8 originally installed. I had installed windows 10 on it. After I factory reset with windows, 10 installed it turned back on and got back windows 8.1 So is it possible to get windows 10 back? I tried installing again using...
  8. Wipe a dual boot machine and reinstall Win 10?

Wipe a dual boot machine and reinstall Win 10?: I have an old machine that started out on Win 7. I updated/upgraded over the years and it now has two SSDs one with Win 7, the other with Win 10. I created the dual boot a long time ago from the Win 7 drive. I'm worried wiping will negate my Win 10 lisence since it was an...
  9. an inquiry about import/export faves in edge to html?

in Browsers and Email
    an inquiry about import/export faves in edge to html?: wondering when will edge browser be able to recognize "other" browsers to import/export html bkmrks? so far it recognizes IE which i dont use at all. this is an obstacle that bothers me *Shock 76604
  10. Lost Apps and factory installed programs after win 10 reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Apps and factory installed programs after win 10 reset: My HP Desktop computer came with windows 8.1 and several additional programs. I have installed windows 10 and the programs and apps were still there. Since I have done a refresh I have lost the HP installed programs and the apps. On the desk top the program and app icons...