Windows 10: Lost Edge Faves After Factory Wipe and Win 10 Reinstall ... Now What?

Discus and support Lost Edge Faves After Factory Wipe and Win 10 Reinstall ... Now What? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; OK, here's the order of awful events: 1. I install Windows 10, and there's much rejoicing (for about a week). 2. I switch to MS Edge because it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by blueowl, Aug 23, 2015.

1. blueowl Win User

Lost Edge Faves After Factory Wipe and Win 10 Reinstall ... Now What?

OK, here's the order of awful events:

1. I install Windows 10, and there's much rejoicing (for about a week).
    2. I switch to MS Edge because it seems so awesome. I move all of my browser favorites from Chrome to Edge, and them remove them from Chrome to "clean it up" (since I now only use Chrome for work-related stuff). I realize, looking back, what a dumb move this was.
    3. In my irrational exuberance over Windows 10, I don't bother backing up my favorites.
    4. It all falls apart about a week in, when I experience, a) Idle computer turning into a black screen with no mouse and a non-responsive keyboard, b) The dreaded Win 10 reboot loop, c) Laptop overheating that actually BURNS skin, and d) a complete meltdown of the system, which includes failure of all diagnostic tests and an eventual emergency factory reset of the laptop.
    5. During this reset, of course, I tried to save some files, but I wasn't that successful. I was so frustrated at that point that I just opted to move forward with the complete wipe so I could have a working computer.
    6. After some tough love and trust exercises, I reinstalled Windows 10 and we're living in a kind of delicate peace.

EXCEPT - all of my dozens of bookmarks, collected over several years, are completely gone. I can't find them in any hidden nook of the computer, nor in any of my backup files on my external drive. Am I screwed? Tell it to me straight.

:)

blueowl, Aug 23, 2015

2. Favorites disappeared from Microsoft Edge after November upgrade

I lost a bunch of my favourites in Edge after I got home from Christmas away and some update ran on my PC. I tried the last user's fix to "import them from IE" even though I never created them in IE, I created them in Edge - and I am afraid I did not get
    the desired results. Some old faves appeared from somewhere but all the faves I created from the last few months are gone. Very frustrating! I guess I am going to give up on Edge too although I was finding it to be pretty fast. And I am going to have to try
    to recreate all those faves, if I can even find them again.... AAARGH, this is not how I was planning to spend my time tonight.

FrustratedUser90123, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Import windows 7 favourites to Windows 10favorites

So my understanding from post response's is that in order to get my favorites into windows 10 is to hit the hub icon in edge and choose import faves. Then choose which browser to import from(i.e. 11 in my case, from win 7). Is that about right?

ranger_535, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Lost Edge Faves After Factory Wipe and Win 10 Reinstall ... Now What?

1. Lost Edge Faves After Factory Wipe and Win 10 Reinstall ... Now What? - Similar Threads - Lost Edge Faves

2. after factory reset of win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after factory reset of win 10: how do I restore my Microsoft games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-factory-reset-of-win-10/70bb7097-637f-4fb7-9260-a1d7bb98e7da
  3. Wipe a dual boot machine and reinstall Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wipe a dual boot machine and reinstall Win 10?: I have an old machine that started out on Win 7. I updated/upgraded over the years and it now has two SSDs one with Win 7, the other with Win 10. I created the dual boot a long time ago from the Win 7 drive. I'm worried wiping will negate my Win 10 lisence since it was an...
  4. Reinstalling and Activating Win10 after Wipe

Reinstalling and Activating Win10 after Wipe: Hello, I'd like to kindly ask HOW (if possible with steps) to Reinstall AND Re-activate Windows10 after I have wiped completely (not just format) my PC. My question is not so much the installing process as to how to get an activated version back again running WHEN my...
  5. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset

Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset: I had upgraded to Windows 10 on my Dell Alienware laptop when it all came out. A month ago I had an issue that the only resolution was to do a factory reinstall. It put me back to Windows 8.1. I've attempted several times to reinstall Windows 10 using the media creation...
  6. I want to wipe out and reinstall Win 10 Pro

I want to wipe out and reinstall Win 10 Pro: I'm having some issues with my Lenovo Yoga Laptop. I want to wipe it clean and then install Windows 10 PRO and get a clean start. How do I go about wiping out my Laptop. I have backed up all of my important files. > How do I go about wiping my laptop clean? > Anything else...
  7. Lost activation after reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost activation after reinstall: After reinstlling Windows 10 Home edition I lost activation. My laptop came preinstalled with a geniune windows. What should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-activation-after-reinstall/2a824cac-77ee-4d4b-a4d7-d5bd51ae891a"
  8. Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset

Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset: Microsoft says I wont need a product key to reinstall windows 10 on the same device after a factory reset but a few days ago my PC crashed after a critical windows update. I did a factory reset then went back to Microsoft and used the media creation tool, selected upgrade...
  9. trying to reinstall WIN 10 to factory settings but getting errors

trying to reinstall WIN 10 to factory settings but getting errors: Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5542G laptop and did the upgrade to Win 10 Home 64 bit. Now I want to reinstall Win 10 back to factory fresh settings. I used the Recovery reset but this failed with a "There was an error resetting this PC" error message. I then made a Win 10 ISO DVD...
  10. Lost Apps and factory installed programs after win 10 reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Apps and factory installed programs after win 10 reset: My HP Desktop computer came with windows 8.1 and several additional programs. I have installed windows 10 and the programs and apps were still there. Since I have done a refresh I have lost the HP installed programs and the apps. On the desk top the program and app icons...