Windows 10: Lost Ethernet Connection after Windows Update

Discus and support Lost Ethernet Connection after Windows Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows update yesterday. Immediately after I noticed my network connection had switched to Wireless icon. When I checked Device Manager, my ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rafg431, May 12, 2016.

1. rafg431 Win User

Lost Ethernet Connection after Windows Update

Windows update yesterday. Immediately after I noticed my network connection had switched to Wireless icon. When I checked Device Manager, my ethernet adaptor was missing (Realtex PCIe GBE Family Controller) Eventually discovered it in "Show hidden devices". In Properties under General it says "Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45). To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer". How do i do this? After a major amount of Googling it appears that this is a fairly common problem with Window 10 updates - people suggest that the BIOS has been changed. I am in completely new territory here - I don't even know how to access my BIOS, let alone "change" it.

I would be very grateful for any help at all!

:)

rafg431, May 12, 2016
  2. rickm142 Win User

Loss of Ethernet connectivity after update.

I lost the use of my Ethernet connection after the automatic critical update to my Windows 10 of two days ago. My wireless connection still worked. When I restored my system to pre-update status, my Ethernet connection was restored. I assume at some
    point soon the automatic update will occur again. What do I do to prevent the loss of my Ethernet connectivity?

rickm142, May 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Creater update

After the Creater update on Windows 10, and after the restart, I lost sound, and I lost connectivity to the internet (both ethernet connect and wifi). The only fix was uninstall the update. I got both the sound and internet back but some of my Windows
    apps don't work. I tried uninstalling and reinstall, but it tells me "Acquiring license, then Mapping your download, getting download data, calculating download size, almost ready, then downloading. But it stays there and never downloads.

I see there are quite a lot of issues with this update. Please help.

Cindy L Johnson, May 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

I would suggest trying sthg simple... in Control Panel, Device Manager simply right click the driver, uninstall, restart.

Hopefully Windows will detect it and reinstall the driver.

There is still the possibility of a simple physical connection problem, so as yours is a desktop, that would be the next thing to check.

dalchina, May 12, 2016
  5. rafg431 Win User
    Many, many thanks dalchina. I did what you asked and it worked perfectly - I am so grateful for your expert help!! I spent four hours on this problem this morning and got nowhere till you answered my plea! Owe you one.

rafg431, May 12, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Great- sometimes it's straightforward... not always. Just click the thumbs up and mark solved- thanks!

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
    1 person likes this.
Thema:

1. Lost Ethernet Connection after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Lost Ethernet Connection

2. after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet: after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet. the message said i had an invalid Ip configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-an-update-my-pc-lost-internet-connection-via/3b3151a1-a7c9-48fb-a185-6d707d9a8838
  3. after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet: after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet. the message said i had an invalid Ip configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-an-update-my-pc-lost-internet-connection-via/3b3151a1-a7c9-48fb-a185-6d707d9a8838
  4. after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lost Ethernet Connection with Windows October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Ethernet Connection with Windows October 2020 Update: I just installed the October Update and the Ethernet connect is lost. Basically when I go to open the browser, I lose connection, actually the router (Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router) just reboots over and over. At the same time, when the browser is open and I get...
  6. Lost Ethernet connections after Windows updates

Lost Ethernet connections after Windows updates: Today I ran Windows Update on one of my PCs: a DELL Win10. When the updates were completed and the PC restarted, Windows reported "Unidentified Network without Internet Access". All other devices connected to my router work fine....
  7. Ethernet connection lost after update

Ethernet connection lost after update: My husband HP and my computer Dell are connected by an ethernet cable. After the last update, I get an error message. This has happened before, but Microsoft was able to fix it. This time, the guy tinkered for an hour or more, and I had to leave. The message is: Z: to...
  8. Ethernet connections lost after Windows updates

Ethernet connections lost after Windows updates: Today I ran Windows Update on two of my PCs: a DELL Win10 and a HP Win8.1. When updates were finished and the two PCs restarted, Windows reported "Unidentified Network No internet access". Both PCs are connected to my router via CAT5 ethernet cables. On each PC, I ran the...
  9. ethernet connections lost

ethernet connections lost: hello, i have been having this problem lately where my ethernet connections dissapears, and my laptop (asus X751LN) switches to a wireless connections. this is happening quite regularally the past weeks. i dont understand what is making my laptop do this, or is it perhaps...
  10. Lost audio and ethernet connection after installing windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost audio and ethernet connection after installing windows 10.: I have a desktop PC with a Gigabyte X58 motherboard and Realtek audio and ethernet apps. The first thing that happened is the Realtek HD audio manager box kept coming up and I could not stop it. I deleted the audio app and it stop popping up, until I did a restart. Then it...