Lost hdd

Discus and support Lost hdd in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Euroclydon2, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Euroclydon2 Win User

Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games installed on hdd and it seems to have vanished. When I open device manager it is only my ssd that is visible. When I open view tab/show hidden devices I can see my hdd listed but not highlighted/available. Anything I can try? Kind regards...

:)

Euroclydon2, Jun 3, 2018
  2. Eeshwar Kumar Win User

HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    After upgrading to Windows 10 - 2nd and 3rd HDDs cannot be seen??????

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to check in BIOS setting whether both the HDD are listed there. You may get in touch with your computer manufacturer or refer to the user manual on how to enter BIOS settings.

If it is listed in BIOS, you may check whether you are able to see both the HDD in Disk Management. Follow the steps to check:

Press Windows Key + X.

Click on Disk Management.

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost hdd

Lost hdd - Similar Threads - Lost hdd

1. Desktop lost its network

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop lost its network: File Explorer on my desktop cannot see any network computers. FE can see other devices - media My NAS is a computer and a media device so it sees the media but not the NAS. Other computers see everything including the desktop - and can open them. I toggled Network Discovery -...
  2. desktop lost its network mind

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop lost its network mind: File Explorer on my desktop cannot see any network computers. FE can see other devices - media My NAS is a computer and a media device so it sees the media but not the NAS. Other computers see everything including the desktop - and can open them. I toggled Network Discovery -...
  3. After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space

in Windows 10 Support
    After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space: Hi there, After the last Windows 10 update, I sudden lost almost 10 gigs of SSD hd space. Getting the message. I've tried uninstalling what bloatware I could find and cleaning the cache/recycling/temp files, etc. I don't know where this extra weight is coming from. Has...
  4. Lost file associations, esp RTF

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost file associations, esp RTF: (I have found threads on this topic here, but nothing that fits the bill.) All of a sudden I can't open docs saved in WordPad because: This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed,...
  5. Windows bootloader lost after SystemRescueCD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows bootloader lost after SystemRescueCD: System: Windows 10 Pro (clean install, not an upgrade), UEFI only, ASRock H170M Pro4. C drive is 512 GB SSD, E drive is 1 GB HD. Not dual boot. I created a SystemRescueCD USB drive, with intent to use it for Spinrite. After USB drive was created, but before Spinrite config, I...
  6. Lost my hdd

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost my hdd: Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games installed on hdd and it seems to have vanished. When I open device manager it is only my ssd that is visible. When I open view...
  7. Intel RST problem : I'm lost :-(

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel RST problem : I'm lost :-(: Hi, I'm running Win10 1803 on an Asus X99-A motherboard. I have Windows installed on a Samsung 1TB SSD, I have 2 WCS 1TB in Raid1 and another WCS 1TB for temporary work. I have noticed since some times that the Intel RST service is NOT running any more (maybe after some...
Lost hdd solved