Windows 10: Lost hdd

Discus and support Lost hdd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Euroclydon2, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Euroclydon2 Win User

Lost hdd

Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games installed on hdd and it seems to have vanished. When I open device manager it is only my ssd that is visible. When I open view tab/show hidden devices I can see my hdd listed but not highlighted/available. Anything I can try? Kind regards...

:)

Euroclydon2, Jun 3, 2018
  2. Eeshwar Kumar Win User

HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    After upgrading to Windows 10 - 2nd and 3rd HDDs cannot be seen??????

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to check in BIOS setting whether both the HDD are listed there. You may get in touch with your computer manufacturer or refer to the user manual on how to enter BIOS settings.

If it is listed in BIOS, you may check whether you are able to see both the HDD in Disk Management. Follow the steps to check:

Press Windows Key + X.

Click on Disk Management.

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost hdd

1. Lost hdd - Similar Threads - Lost hdd

2. lost files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost files: when file went from windows 10 to edge I lost all my windows 10 files how do I get them back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files/90add001-2154-466c-91e9-d46f168b30ed
  3. Lost one of my photo recognition pics, to make a collection of pics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost one of my photo recognition pics, to make a collection of pics: I started tagging the names on photos to collect them, i accidently added a collection of my daughters to my sons, so i went to his photo that i had tagged with his name and backed his name out and lost his photo to tag all his collection, how can i add his photo back to tag...
  4. lost drives and operation system after running the system fresh on computer runnin off...

lost drives and operation system after running the system fresh on computer runnin off...: I need some help . I ran the fresh start program recently and lost all (C:) drives and/or important parts of operation files . couldn't reboot system . only had key board to nav. left . tried but had to reboot from another thumb drive and still have to run C:Drive off thumb...
  5. Reinstalled Horizon 4 - Lost All Save Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalled Horizon 4 - Lost All Save Data: Hello Everyone, So I have reinstalled Forza Horizon 4 as it kept crashing for some reason. The reinstalling fixed the issue, but the whole game started over. Please don't tell me that I have to go through all of the starting races to get my progress back. I played so...
  6. Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.

Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.: Hello!! I have had this issues for a while now and its really starting to grate on me, I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works. Basically, I somehow lost admin privileges on my account, every time I try and do something that needs an admin and the box comes up that says...
  7. windows 10 has lost my 2nd monitor again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 has lost my 2nd monitor again: So got up today turned on my pc and I had no 2nd monitor. All cables connected and not moved over night. The pc is detecting my Samsung tv but its no longer in the "monitor" section on my device manager. Its now in the "digital media devices" section. When I look in the...
  8. i had some update yesterday and lost outlook on surface pro windows 10

i had some update yesterday and lost outlook on surface pro windows 10: help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-some-update-yesterday-and-lost-outlook-on/b22f368d-127c-47e0-b4d1-481dd17f95de
  9. Lost SATA HDD and SATA DVD after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost SATA HDD and SATA DVD after Windows 10 update: I have lost a secondary SATA HDD and SATA DVD drive after a Fast Ring Windows 10 Build update. Both the missing drives are on the same SATA channel. They DO show up in BIOS, but they do NOT show in either Windows Explorer or Windows Disk Management. Was it the Windows 10...
  10. Lost my hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost my hdd: Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games installed on hdd and it seems to have vanished. When I open device manager it is only my ssd that is visible. When I open view...