Windows 10: Lost hdd

Discus and support Lost hdd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Euroclydon2, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Lost hdd

Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games installed on hdd and it seems to have vanished. When I open device manager it is only my ssd that is visible. When I open view tab/show hidden devices I can see my hdd listed but not highlighted/available. Anything I can try? Kind regards...

:)

Euroclydon2, Jun 3, 2018

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    After upgrading to Windows 10 - 2nd and 3rd HDDs cannot be seen??????

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to check in BIOS setting whether both the HDD are listed there. You may get in touch with your computer manufacturer or refer to the user manual on how to enter BIOS settings.

If it is listed in BIOS, you may check whether you are able to see both the HDD in Disk Management. Follow the steps to check:

Press Windows Key + X.

Click on Disk Management.

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost hdd

1. Lost hdd - Similar Threads - Lost hdd

2. Data Lost! How to recover?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Lost! How to recover?: I have recently upgrade my Windows 10 to 18309 pre build my photos of one folder have been lost not opening But all files are there! Only not opening Video shoing this error 0x80004005 and photos shhows"we are unable to open this file! Space is also full but only files are...
  3. LOST FAMILY TREE MAKER FILES ?????

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    LOST FAMILY TREE MAKER FILES ?????: CAN I GET A PHONE NUMBER OF SOMEONE TO HELP ME POSSIBLY FIND MY LOST FAMILY TREE FILES. I HAD OVER 450 RELATIVES AND OVER 300 PICTURES IN MY FILES. I'M 83 YRS OLD AND DON'T HAVE ANYONE TO SUGGEST HOW I MIGHT POSSIBLY FIND THE FILES !!! THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP !!! BOB...
  4. Lost Transceiver for 3050 Wireless Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Transceiver for 3050 Wireless Desktop: Hello, I hope you are all doing well. I recently lost my transceiver USB for the 3050 Wireless Desktop ( accidentally broken ) and I would like to now where I can buy a replacement. The problem is that I live in Karachi, Pakistan, and can not find an outlet here that has a...
  5. After Win10 (64bit) update in the last few days lost explorer in this regedit sequence...

in Windows 10 Customization
    After Win10 (64bit) update in the last few days lost explorer in this regedit sequence...: After Win10 (64bit) update in the last few days lost explorer in this regedit sequence Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows. I noticed this update wiped out my pin/start menus. I cannot find the problem to resolve it. Annoyed I started again, but...
  6. How to recover lost sticky notes.

How to recover lost sticky notes.: My sticky note vanished. I have figured out where the files reside, however I have not discovered which file actually stores the info. What I do know is that .SQLite does not change with the addition of notes. I tried to restore the old notes from an image and managed to get...
  7. Lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD

Lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD: I appear to have lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD and have now removed it from my old HDD, i migrated my drive over to the new SSD using the the provided tool from Samsung. Once the migration was complete, I noticed that the new drive did not have...
  8. External HDD Lost all iles as if partitioned

External HDD Lost all iles as if partitioned: So I have a 500GB external Toshiba 3.0 USB HDD. It has around 200GB of data on it. It was working fine up until about two weeks ago. I noticed a week ago or so when I tried to access some data there, or move some files to it, that it was not being seen. I just today have...
  9. Lost SATA HDD and SATA DVD after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost SATA HDD and SATA DVD after Windows 10 update: I have lost a secondary SATA HDD and SATA DVD drive after a Fast Ring Windows 10 Build update. Both the missing drives are on the same SATA channel. They DO show up in BIOS, but they do NOT show in either Windows Explorer or Windows Disk Management. Was it the Windows 10...
  10. Lost my hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost my hdd: Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games installed on hdd and it seems to have vanished. When I open device manager it is only my ssd that is visible. When I open view...