Lost hdd

Discus and support Lost hdd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Euroclydon2, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Euroclydon2 Win User

Lost hdd

Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games installed on hdd and it seems to have vanished. When I open device manager it is only my ssd that is visible. When I open view tab/show hidden devices I can see my hdd listed but not highlighted/available. Anything I can try? Kind regards...

:)

Euroclydon2, Jun 3, 2018
  2. Eeshwar Kumar Win User

HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    After upgrading to Windows 10 - 2nd and 3rd HDDs cannot be seen??????

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to check in BIOS setting whether both the HDD are listed there. You may get in touch with your computer manufacturer or refer to the user manual on how to enter BIOS settings.

If it is listed in BIOS, you may check whether you are able to see both the HDD in Disk Management. Follow the steps to check:

Press Windows Key + X.

Click on Disk Management.

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost hdd

1. Lost hdd - Similar Threads - Lost hdd

2. Windows 10 - one PC - multi user, "local user profiles" lost access after update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - one PC - multi user, "local user profiles" lost access after update: I am the admin on the shared workstation in our office (7 users) I had originally set up the system where I am the admin, (default) one other user as an admin (for back up purposes) all others as "local account". I ran a "windows update" two weeks ago and all "local...
  3. Windows 10 - one PC - multi user, "local user profiles" lost access after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - one PC - multi user, "local user profiles" lost access after update: I am the admin on the shared workstation in our office (7 users) I had originally set up the system where I am the admin, (default) one other user as an admin (for back up purposes) all others as "local account". I ran a "windows update" two weeks ago and all "local...
  4. lost desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost desktop: My computer did an update on windows 10 and now it can't find the desktop, nothing works and I have a black screen. A dialog box does come up saying the desktop is missing or moved...
  5. Lost Bluetooth Capability

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Bluetooth Capability: Hello! After a recent set of updates, my computer claims to have lost it's bluetooth capability. The bluetooth icon has disappeared and the usual toggle to turn bluetooth on or off is also missing, making it impossible to connect any devices. My Windows version is...
  6. lost file.

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost file.: Where has my newly created file "Bournemouth" gone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/lost-file/c2db48ae-aa18-446e-a238-6fccbc9bd0a4
  7. I have somehow lost IE 11 --- It won't re install and does NOT show up on MS apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have somehow lost IE 11 --- It won't re install and does NOT show up on MS apps.: Somehow I deleted or lost IE 11 - the folders are still present but iexplore is missing in folders. It will not re install and faults that IE 11 is already installed. Any suggestions appreciated - running W10 pro 64 bit. Dave M...
  8. Lost SATA HDD and SATA DVD after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost SATA HDD and SATA DVD after Windows 10 update: I have lost a secondary SATA HDD and SATA DVD drive after a Fast Ring Windows 10 Build update. Both the missing drives are on the same SATA channel. They DO show up in BIOS, but they do NOT show in either Windows Explorer or Windows Disk Management. Was it the Windows 10...
  9. Lost folders

in Browsers and Email
    Lost folders: in my email section on the left side there are folders that i have created along with folders such as archives , probably about 12 folders with saved emails in them ,photos /receipts. and so on. at least there where. now they have all vanished.( i mean the contents) and i...
  10. Lost my hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost my hdd: Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games installed on hdd and it seems to have vanished. When I open device manager it is only my ssd that is visible. When I open view...