Windows 10: Lost Horizontal Scroll after Creators Update in OneNote 2016 Only

Discus and support Lost Horizontal Scroll after Creators Update in OneNote 2016 Only in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm part of the IT team for a medical college. All of our students have i5 Surface Books. They're slowly getting the Creators update. We now have 2... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tvarin, Apr 23, 2017.

1. tvarin Win User

Lost Horizontal Scroll after Creators Update in OneNote 2016 Only

I'm part of the IT team for a medical college. All of our students have i5 Surface Books. They're slowly getting the Creators update.

We now have 2 students that have mysteriously lost the ability to scroll horizontally in OneNote 2016. This is the 2-finger track pad scroll gesture. They can scroll vertically just fine. They both report no issue before the update.

What I've tested:

• Other user on another computer with the Creators update can scroll horizontally.
    • Admin (other) user account on same computer cannot scroll horizontally.
    • Repairing the Office 2016 install does not fix the issue.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the Office 2016 install does not fix the issue.
    • All other Office apps (Word, Excel, etc.) allow for horizontal scroll.
    • Other user on another computer without the Creators update can scroll horizontally.
    • Toyed with Track pad settings in Windows such as disabling and re-enabling scrolling in general.
    • Rebooted the machine (always have to mention that *Smile )
    • Tried a new notebook in OneNote 2016.

Anyways, if you guys can suggest anything else or other forums I can investigate at, let me know. It's not a huge priority issue. They can scroll horizontally using the touch screen itself, but if this starts happening to a lot of them it could become more of an issue.

I'm thinking maybe it's time to dive into Device Manager, but since it works in other programs, I don't see how it would help. I thought maybe AppData files could be causing this, but the local Admin account had the same issues.

Thank you in advance!

:)

tvarin, Apr 23, 2017

2. Lost all gestures and scrolling features on touchpad after Windows Creators update

After the recent Windows Creators update the touch pad went prehistoric, and only performs the basic tasks of pointing and clicking. I lost the very useful features of scrolling (vertical and horizontal) and zooming, and other multiple finger gestures.
    Tried downloading the driver from Dell, but after successfully installing it, no change. Does anyone know what to do to return to the previous driver?

Shultzie613, Apr 23, 2017
  3. PlsHalp Win User
    Horizontal scrolling not working in OneNote 2013 desktop app after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi!

I can't scroll horizontally in OneNote 2013 desktop app with a touchpad gesture after upgrading from W8.1 to W10. Neither two finger scrolling nor one finger edge scrolling works. Both of these work fine when scrolling vertically.

Also, horizontal scrolling works fine with both gestures in several other programs including OneNote store app and Microsoft Word 2013 desktop app.

I'm using Synaptics touchpad driver 19.0.17.2

Please help,

PlsHalp, Apr 23, 2017
Thema:

Lost Horizontal Scroll after Creators Update in OneNote 2016 Only

1. Lost Horizontal Scroll after Creators Update in OneNote 2016 Only - Similar Threads - Lost Horizontal Scroll

2. OneNote Scroll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote Scroll: Hello, I use OneNote for note taking and notice that when I highlight a large block of text, I cannot easily scroll up or down the page. It seems to lag, unlike other Microsoft Office products. Is there a setting where this can be corrected?Thank you,...
  3. OneNote Scroll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote Scroll: Hello, I use OneNote for note taking and notice that when I highlight a large block of text, I cannot easily scroll up or down the page. It seems to lag, unlike other Microsoft Office products. Is there a setting where this can be corrected?Thank you,...
  4. OneNote Scroll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneNote 2016: Hi I've been using the print > "send to onenote desktop" to import pdfs into my OneNote 2016. It was working great for a while, but this morning, it wouldn't import the document so I tried cancelling the document in the printer queue. It wouldn't cancel so I ended up...
  6. Horizontal Scrolling

Horizontal Scrolling: I am having this issue where if I can hover over anything that can scroll horizontally it does that automatically without me doing anything. I bought a new mouse to see if that was the issue and it isnt. I have pressed the shift button and that stops it then if I release it...
  7. OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneNote 2016: Every time I try to start Onenote 2016 I receive an error message suggesting that I delete cache and/or delete settings. After much effort I cannot get OneNote 2016 to start normally please advise. Thank you jmf...
  8. using onenotes 2016 offline only

in Microsoft Office and 365
    using onenotes 2016 offline only: Dear forum, I have just installed Onenotes 2016, and wish to use it with my old onenotes notebooks which are stored in a folder on My computer. I keep getting sent online to onedrive - I don't want this. Can you help? Bill Z 124056
  9. Horizontal Scrolling

Horizontal Scrolling: Suddenly, my Win10 desktop has been reacting oddly when mousing. Instead of scolling vertically with the wheel, it scrolls horizontally. The problem doesn't seem to be with the mouse. I've tested three wireless and one corded with same results. Secondly, when moving pointer...
  10. Office 2016 lost activation after Creators Update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 lost activation after Creators Update: Wondering if anyone has had any issues with the latest Creators Update. My update happened a couple of days ago and I now can't use any Office 2016 Pro programs without being told they're not activated. Office programs all worked fine before the update. I'm getting a message...