Windows 10: lost internet after upgrade solved

Discus and support lost internet after upgrade solved in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and lost LAN, so could not connect to internet. Troubleshooter advised a possible driver problem with the network card,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mvito, Aug 15, 2015.

1. mvito Win User

lost internet after upgrade solved

I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and lost LAN, so could not connect to internet. Troubleshooter advised a possible driver problem with the network card, however the Realtek GBT family card showed up as working in device manager. Researching Internet came up with no solution. I rolled back to 8.1, found updated drivers for the network card, installed them, and upgraded again. Still the same problem. A friend upgrading from 7 had the same problem and with the same network card, and wireless. I realised we both had PrivateFirewall installed, and as soon as I uninistalled it, Internet was working again. Same with his. Installed PrivateFirewall again, and everything good. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I could find nothing, and hope this helps others.

:)

mvito, Aug 15, 2015
  2. mailkevin Win User

Nokia E71 problem with New Firmware 410.21.010

Has the issue regarding the loss of wireless and mobile internet connections been solved? I upgraded last week and my functionality has been lost i.e. no internet at all.

mailkevin, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Jake WQX Win User
    Windows 10 - incompatible hardware

I find it funny that the guy might have lost access to the internet after that upgrade after all lost internet after upgrade solved :D

Jake WQX, Aug 15, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Hi... Did you try to reset your modem or router by a power shut off and on . also afterwards do a restart on the computer once you have done the router/modem reset power

sn00ker, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Why would he do this since the problem was the PrivateFirewall that was installed?

Ztruker, Aug 15, 2015
  6. mvito Win User
    I spent quite some time trying all the usual resets, but since Troubleshooter was indicating a possible driver problem, it threw me. Internet search from another computer come up with nothing except a tenuous link to software, which is why I started to suspect the firewall.

mvito, Aug 15, 2015
  7. sn00ker Win User
    I don't think I read that part . I should of quoted his post, oh well my error

sn00ker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. lost internet after upgrade solved - Similar Threads - lost internet upgrade

2. after recent upgrade lost control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after recent upgrade lost control: still having problems case # 1013704747 code 785725 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recent-upgrade-lost-control/5cd48618-a219-44f1-9c19-73571486704f
  3. No internet after upgrade to 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet after upgrade to 2004: Hi! Have now upgradet to version 2004 win 10. Everything works normaly but not internet!! The computer have contact whit my router but there is no connection to internet! Have installed the latest drivers for networkcard. No VPN or proxy! Uninstalled Avira security before...
  4. Lost content of windows.old after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost content of windows.old after upgrade: Hi there, I have a very vital problem. Some weeks ago, I corrupted the boot file for my windows when attempting splitting partitions to enable dual boot. Yesterday, I reinstalled windows with a bootable disk for windows preview that I had in 2018. Everything worked...
  5. No internet connection solved

No internet connection solved: Hello, I just wanted to share my experience of not being able to connect to the internet after updating to W10 Creators update (Build 16299.rs3 170928-1535) and how I got it working. After numerous attempts at all the fixes I could find on numerous websites this is what I...
  6. No internet access after upgrade

No internet access after upgrade: There appears to be no new results. I just did this today may 23 2016. Doing a little troubleshooting thru win10 it comes back to problem with local area connection adapter. What is this thing? Is it hardware, hardware driver, or wrong settin? 51215
  7. Upgraded yesterday and lost internet

Upgraded yesterday and lost internet: I upgraded to W10 yesterday and had no issues at all. I used the internet all day without any problems. Last night around 2AM we just lost the internet and the centurylink modem kept blinking red for internet. Nothing seemed to be able to fix it but now it's been working...
  8. No internet connection after upgrade

No internet connection after upgrade: Hi, I upgraded my ageing Dell Inspiron 530 desktop PC this morning from Win7 Ultimate to Win10 Pro. The PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable. All seems fine in terms of the OS, but I have no internet access. I know the router's OK as my other devices are fine....
  9. Lost Drives after upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Drives after upgrade: I upgraded from win 7 64 bit to Windows 10 "c drive" and lost my two drives (E and F) that I use as backups to my primary drive. My primary "c" drive is actually 2 drives that are mirrored so if one would fail I can replace it and not lose a thing. These are 1TB drives so...
  10. Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10

Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10: I did the upgrade from W-8.1 to 10 in November and have had several problems since. The most pernicious problem is the loss of my Internet Connection. I had my ISP service dude have a go; but no joy. He concluded it is a software problem. Everything is properly connected and...