Windows 10: "Lost" memory on C drive after update

Discus and support "Lost" memory on C drive after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Few days ago I updated my Windows 10 to 17723_r5 (Fast Ring). I know that it's alpha/beta update, but this "bug" doesn't seems to be related to test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ch3mn3y, Aug 2, 2018.

1. ch3mn3y Win User

"Lost" memory on C drive after update

Few days ago I updated my Windows 10 to 17723_r5 (Fast Ring). I know that it's alpha/beta update, but this "bug" doesn't seems to be related to test software being installed.

Device I use W10 is tablet with 32 GB memory chip. C drive has little over 28 GB. As i use SD card to store files I managed to have ~20 GB free on this partition. Didn't check after update, but today I got info about no space left and there was ~1 GB free!
    I used Disk Cleanup with sageset and sagerun commands, but after that it's "only" 14,1 GB of free space.
    All the folders and files take take only 5,37 GB (5,87 as I compressed Windows files). I enabled show hidden files and disabled hiding system ones and used CTRL+A to check all available files.

Anyone knows were may be the rest of the space? How to recover it?
    Maybe there is something? Any software to check ALL files on the partition with their real space usage?

:)

ch3mn3y, Aug 2, 2018
  2. realtravisbrown92 Win User

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 2, 2018
  3. SuperSoph_WD Win User
    Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown "Lost" memory on C drive after update :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: Support Answers

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Angela Pun Win User

Windows 10 update - lost drives

Hi Bob,

To help you with your concern with missing drives, we suggest that you check for the drive in
    Disk Management and see if it appears there. You can follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key, type diskmgmt.msc, and then click
      OK.
    • See if the drive F: appears and if it appears as allocated.

For the printer, we recommend troubleshooting the devices and drivers in
    Device Manager
    . You can refer to this
    link
    for steps.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. "Lost" memory on C drive after update - Similar Threads - Lost memory drive

2. No Space on C Drive after Windows 10 version 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Space on C Drive after Windows 10 version 1803 update: Hi, I have an ASUS notebook model E 203N, 2GB RAM and 32GB flash memory. After carrying out the latest Windows 10 version 1803 updates and some other crucial sercurity updates, the C drive is completely full! I have removed pretty much all the programs that the notebook had...
  3. Missing C drive after update windows 10 aug 2018

Missing C drive after update windows 10 aug 2018: my daughters laptop updated last monday, but it came up with an error of no c drive can be found? I thought it was because she was at her granmas and had no internet so brought it home, and it still isnt right. We havent got anything on the screen to work withso we cant...
  4. Regaining lost memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regaining lost memory: I keep getting error messages that say I'm low on memory and to save files, close and restart all programs. I've done this several times, but I continue to get this e.m. How can I reclaim enough memory to stop receiving the error msg. and what's the best practices to prevent...
  5. lost drive

lost drive: will 'system restore' a drive that has been deleted-all data on the drive was previously saved.am using windows 10 home edition on acer all in one computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/lost-drive/28ee5457-c38b-46dd-9370-f4302835215d
  6. How to move the unallocated memory to C;

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to move the unallocated memory to C;: [img] Someone told me they need to be right next to eachother (c; and unallocated memory) but how do I do that and expand it. 53083
  7. I've lost my memory

I've lost my memory: Well not literally but since upgrading a Dell 755 to w10 (32 bit) I not only have 2.99 available memory out of the 4gb installed. Under W7 I had over 3.5 gig" so what has stolen my memory? Another identical machine running W10 but 64bit has 8 gig installed of which 7.86 is...
  8. i lost huge chunk of memory on disk C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i lost huge chunk of memory on disk C: I tried to execute copying a recent ISO file from macrium to dvd rw disc..and somehow lost a lot of memory on C..what happened? and now trying to find cause on own but cant.. I need that back.*Shock [img] [img] 68262
  9. Lost Drives after upgrade

Lost Drives after upgrade: I upgraded from win 7 64 bit to Windows 10 "c drive" and lost my two drives (E and F) that I use as backups to my primary drive. My primary "c" drive is actually 2 drives that are mirrored so if one would fail I can replace it and not lose a thing. These are 1TB drives so...
  10. C: Drive and D: Drive files switched after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    C: Drive and D: Drive files switched after upgrade: Sorry, didn't exactly know where to post this. So recently I had my Windows Vista upgraded to Windows 10 (also upgraded various hardware). Today I was fiddling around and customizing it, when I noticed that all of my files that were previously saved on my C: Drive were...