"Lost" memory on C drive after update

Discus and support "Lost" memory on C drive after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Few days ago I updated my Windows 10 to 17723_r5 (Fast Ring). I know that it's alpha/beta update, but this "bug" doesn't seems to be related to test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ch3mn3y, Aug 2, 2018.

1. ch3mn3y Win User

Few days ago I updated my Windows 10 to 17723_r5 (Fast Ring). I know that it's alpha/beta update, but this "bug" doesn't seems to be related to test software being installed.

Device I use W10 is tablet with 32 GB memory chip. C drive has little over 28 GB. As i use SD card to store files I managed to have ~20 GB free on this partition. Didn't check after update, but today I got info about no space left and there was ~1 GB free!
    I used Disk Cleanup with sageset and sagerun commands, but after that it's "only" 14,1 GB of free space.
    All the folders and files take take only 5,37 GB (5,87 as I compressed Windows files). I enabled show hidden files and disabled hiding system ones and used CTRL+A to check all available files.

Anyone knows were may be the rest of the space? How to recover it?
    Maybe there is something? Any software to check ALL files on the partition with their real space usage?

:)

ch3mn3y, Aug 2, 2018
  2. realtravisbrown92 Win User

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 2, 2018
  3. SuperSoph_WD Win User
    Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown "Lost" memory on C drive after update :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: Support Answers

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Angela Pun Win User

Windows 10 update - lost drives

Hi Bob,

To help you with your concern with missing drives, we suggest that you check for the drive in
    Disk Management and see if it appears there. You can follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key, type diskmgmt.msc, and then click
      OK.
    • See if the drive F: appears and if it appears as allocated.

For the printer, we recommend troubleshooting the devices and drivers in
    Device Manager
    . You can refer to this
    link
    for steps.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. "Lost" memory on C drive after update - Similar Threads - Lost memory drive

2. how do i update windows 10 home to windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i update windows 10 home to windows 10 pro?: How do I update Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-update-windows-10-home-to-windows-10-pro/144936ff-5732-4138-a371-cf571cf466f8
  3. External dvd drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External dvd drive: I'm trying to connect a cocopa external dvd reader with no success. Any ideas why it's not connecting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-dvd-drive/89b08ee8-6e6d-4287-a820-3526daeb1b49
  4. internal cd drive

internal cd drive: I'm on windows 10 and my CD/DVD rom drive will not play any discs, spins but system does not reconise it,driver shows up to date can anybody help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/internal-cd-drive/41442251-6064-40dd-b458-0137c7c92c53
  5. Xiaomi Mipad2 with windows 10: lost BT and Wifi after upgrade to 1803

Xiaomi Mipad2 with windows 10: lost BT and Wifi after upgrade to 1803: My tablet has upgraded itself to Windows 10@1803 I lost wifi and bt connection. Because it has been reinstalled while upgrading, Windows 10 devicemgmt.msc console do not allow me a driver rollback. Obviously the 'problem solving' wizard are useless. What can I do...
  6. Can't open Ubuntu since the latest Windows Store update of the app

Can't open Ubuntu since the latest Windows Store update of the app: Hello, I am running Ubuntu from the Windows Store and got a notification yesterday that the app was updated in the store. As soon as I opened the app, I am welcomed by this error : [ATTACH] As you noticed, the error mentions ubuntu1804. That's because I decided to...
  7. Lost 2560x1080 resolution after Windows 10 16 Aug 2018 update

Lost 2560x1080 resolution after Windows 10 16 Aug 2018 update: After the automatic Windows 10 update, I could no longer choose 2560x1080 ultrawide resolution on my LG34 inch monitor. My video card is an AMD 7000 legacy display card came with Dell computer in 2013. I tried every method online including updating drivers from AMD or LG,...
  8. Can't play games after GPU Driver update

Can't play games after GPU Driver update: Hello, I have a GeForce 1070 Ti, it worked perfectly. But when I updated to the latest version it increased the lag tremendously, I can't open the game as it crashes right away. I tried installing the previous version, which didn't work as well. Please help, Pedro...
  9. Problem with Windows 10 update

Problem with Windows 10 update: Hi, I am having issues with Windows being able to complete the last steps of an important update. (windows 10) I can go through the steps each time until my computer restarts and gets to the log in screen and from there my login screen is different to my regular one and...
  10. Windows 10 MS Update Installed: (August 14, 2018—KB4343909) USB ports no longer recognised

Windows 10 MS Update Installed: (August 14, 2018—KB4343909) USB ports no longer recognised: August 14, 2018—KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) Windows 10, version 1803 This update installs and all USB ports lose functionality. They appear in device driver menu but no error messages, system Health Checks show no problems, but any USB device "plugged in" does not read...