Windows 10: "Lost" memory on C drive after update

Discus and support "Lost" memory on C drive after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Few days ago I updated my Windows 10 to 17723_r5 (Fast Ring). I know that it's alpha/beta update, but this "bug" doesn't seems to be related to test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ch3mn3y, Aug 2, 2018.

1. ch3mn3y Win User

"Lost" memory on C drive after update

Few days ago I updated my Windows 10 to 17723_r5 (Fast Ring). I know that it's alpha/beta update, but this "bug" doesn't seems to be related to test software being installed.

Device I use W10 is tablet with 32 GB memory chip. C drive has little over 28 GB. As i use SD card to store files I managed to have ~20 GB free on this partition. Didn't check after update, but today I got info about no space left and there was ~1 GB free!
    I used Disk Cleanup with sageset and sagerun commands, but after that it's "only" 14,1 GB of free space.
    All the folders and files take take only 5,37 GB (5,87 as I compressed Windows files). I enabled show hidden files and disabled hiding system ones and used CTRL+A to check all available files.

Anyone knows were may be the rest of the space? How to recover it?
    Maybe there is something? Any software to check ALL files on the partition with their real space usage?

:)

ch3mn3y, Aug 2, 2018

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown "Lost" memory on C drive after update :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: Support Answers

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 2, 2018
  4. "Lost" memory on C drive after update

Windows 10 update - lost drives

Hi Bob,

To help you with your concern with missing drives, we suggest that you check for the drive in
    Disk Management and see if it appears there. You can follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key, type diskmgmt.msc, and then click
      OK.
    • See if the drive F: appears and if it appears as allocated.

For the printer, we recommend troubleshooting the devices and drivers in
    Device Manager
    . You can refer to this
    link
    for steps.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

"Lost" memory on C drive after update

1. "Lost" memory on C drive after update - Similar Threads - Lost memory drive

2. Lost D and E drives after Fixing C stage ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost D and E drives after Fixing C stage ...: When turn on laptop, the Dell icon come up with a masage :” Fixing C: satge .... “and when it finish, i check my drive and saw that the D and E drives was disappeared. I checked Disk Manager but there are nothing bout them. What happened with my laptop ?...
  3. Lost D and E drives after Fixing C stage ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost D and E drives after Fixing C stage ...: When turn on laptop, the Dell icon come up with a masage :” Fixing C: satge .... “and when it finish, i check my drive and saw that the D and E drives was disappeared. I checked Disk Manager but there are nothing bout them. What happened with my laptop ?...
  4. Lost D and E drives after Fixing C stage ...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. C Drive Out Of Memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive Out Of Memory: I have 5 user accounts on my C drive. The C drive is full and wont let us do work now. How can I fix this so we can continue to use this computer. The computer is a Win 10 with 16BG RAM, 1TB storage and less than a year old. Thanks....
  6. Lost access to C: drive after changing ownership

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost access to C: drive after changing ownership: Hi, I've lost Access to my C: drive after changing ownership to administrator from TrustedInstallerI did this because all my drives were set to read-only after a W10 update. I tried to revert the change but since the administrator user is in C: drive I cannot even access...
  7. Lost up space on C drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost up space on C drive: Today, I noticed that my C drive suddenly lost 14 gigabytes !! Yesterday it was ok and it lost all that space out of a sudden. !! I tried free up disk space tool, it didn't work. Tried avg tuneup didn't work also. I scanned the laptop for virus and malware by avg antivirus...
  8. Lost storage in my c drive after reset

Lost storage in my c drive after reset: Hello, so when going through the steps that I received on how to properly do a reset when I got to the part in the Installation Media where I had to delete my drives and partitions I got nervous after it said that if I deleted that particular drive which controlled my PC it...
  9. C drive memory

C drive memory: On a Surface Pro X , I have not installed any of my personal files and I am still down in my C drive memory by 90Gb. As far as I can see the applications are taking about 36 Gb. Where is the rest of the hard drive memory going? Thanks...
  10. Recently Deleted D Drive , Transfered The Memory To C Drive And Now I've Lost Programs That...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recently Deleted D Drive , Transfered The Memory To C Drive And Now I've Lost Programs That...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cadbunny9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt2ktf/recently_deleted_d_drive_transfered_the_memory_to/