Windows 10: Lost "more" folders content

Discus and support Lost "more" folders content in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just installed Windows 10 on my computer. I have come to realize the content of my "MORE" folders is missing. These folders are important to me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chris C, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Chris C Win User

Lost "more" folders content

I have just installed Windows 10 on my computer. I have come to realize the content of my "MORE" folders is missing. These folders are important to me. How can I retrieve them?

:)

Chris C, Oct 7, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Oct 7, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Lost "more" folders content :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Lost "more" folders content :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Lost "more" folders content :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Lost "more" folders content :)

musum, Oct 7, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, er..sorry,
    - is that something related to Mail perhaps?

If you've clean installed Win 10, in place of an existing Win 10 installation, then that data is gone I'm afraid.

However, if you do as we so often recommend and use disk imaging and have an image of your previous Windows installation, it may be possible to retrieve the data.

Perhaps you could explain further..

dalchina, Oct 7, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    - is that something related to Mail perhaps?... It may refer to the Jump Lists you see with a right-click on an app's icon, either on the taskbar or Start. Probably Start, as that's where you see 'More>' just above the 'recent' list.

Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

A clean install won't have any jump lists yet. Or do you mean you upgraded to 10? From what - 7, 8, 8.1, an older 10?

Bree, Oct 7, 2017
  6. Chris C Win User
    I previously had Windows 7 Home edition. Upgraded to Windows 10. In my E-mail account I have a column for "Folders". In that column, I will save specific e-mails by name for future reference. For example, when I purchase a program that requires a Key, I save the e-mail in an individual folder for future reference. Those folders are listed under "More".

I don't know what you mean by "clean" install...........nor do I know what "disc imaging" is.

Chris C, Oct 7, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    What program were you using for email before the upgrade to 10?

Bree, Oct 7, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Clean install: (just the definition, not a recommendation to do it)
    Get windows installation medium, wipe your disk, install Windows. = Windows with nothing extra.
    How:
    Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

(Google can help you with such terms, likewise disk imaging - see my signature).

dalchina, Oct 7, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    If you are using Yahoo Mail in a browser then your folders are stored on Yahoo's servers and won't have been affected by the upgrade to Windows 10. What may have changed is the browser you are using to access Yahoo's webmail. You're probably trying Edge. You could try IE, it's still in Windows 10. For any web page in Edge you can click the 'three dots' menu top right and select 'open in Internet Explorer', or look on Start for 'Windows accessories > Internet Explorer'.

Also, Yahoo have just launched a new look for their mail, I'm continually being prompted to 'Try the new Yahoo Mail'.

Your folders should still be there on Yahoo's servers, it should just be a matter of finding them. When logged into Yahoo Mail do you see '> Folders' in the list at the left? Does it have a '>' symbol to the left? If so, click on the '>' to show all your folders. If you are using the 'New Yahoo Mail' then look for a light grey 'Show' to the right of 'Folders' and click on that.

Bree, Oct 7, 2017
  10. Chris C Win User
    Okay, you are correct. I found them on the old Yahoo e-mail page. But how can I transfer them to my new Windows 10 e-mail account?

Chris C, Oct 7, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    Ah, so you are trying out Windows 10's Mail app to read your Yahoo Mail. I haven't used that, preferring to continue using a web browser for my Yahoo Mail. I'm sure someone who is familiar with the Mail app will come along to offer advice now the question has been clearly defined: How do I access my Yahoo Mail folders using the Mail app.

This tutorial may also help: Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app

12. Chris C Win User
    I rather like the Windows 10 mail...................no advertisements. I just need to know how to get my "more" folders contents imported.

Chris C, Oct 7, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

Have you looked at the tutorial I linked to yet? You can certainly add the standard folders like 'Sent' and 'Trash', you may be able to add your user-created folders too...

14. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 7, 2017
  15. Chris C Win User
    I added my Yahoo account when I set up the Windows 10 mail app. No problem there. All active e-mails were immediately there. And I have been sending and receiving e-mails since installing Windows 10, so it seems to be working correctly. What was missing was all the content of the "More" folders and my contacts. Finally found the contacts in "People", so that problem is solved. I have found that I can go back to my Yahoo account and the content of the "More" folders is still there. Just don't understand why it's not there in the new mail app. I've read all the tutorials listed, but none seem to be addressing that problem.

Chris C, Oct 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Lost "more" folders content - Similar Threads - Lost more folders

2. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wordpad lost half of content: Hi! I need help. A document I've been writting for some years now suddenly lost half of its content randomly, and also all the photos from the work were erased from it. It's a RTF file. I noticed it seem to have some kind of connection to me adding pictures to it, since this...
  3. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wordpad lost half of content: Hi! I need help. A document I've been writting for some years now suddenly lost half of its content randomly, and also all the photos from the work were erased from it. It's a RTF file. I noticed it seem to have some kind of connection to me adding pictures to it, since this...
  4. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The lost of more folders after last Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The lost of more folders after last Windows update: After my last Windows 10 update I lost some very important folders with their content without any warning. I want to mention that immediately after I've updated Windows that files and folders were available I opened some of these files yesterday, but today they suddenly...
  6. Lost documents folder contents

Lost documents folder contents: Hi, after an automatic Windows 10 update all my documents vanished from the Documents folder - I now believe this was because a temporary profile was set up. Unfortunately I found my documents and returned them to the "new" documents folder. After re-booting, the temporary...
  7. Lost all content in folders showing empty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost all content in folders showing empty: This has just happened minutes ago while trying to save a Word doc. The content has gone from my open Word docs, all folders system and personal files are showing empty. I only have icon images and blanks when navigating windows, control panel, etc. There is a Windows...
  8. actual contents more than double the size of contents downloaded

actual contents more than double the size of contents downloaded: Today I witnessed a most peculiar event on my Laptop. I had completely emptied my Software Distribution Folder and restarted. The Laptop downloaded the insiders evaluation build 18356 The total size of the download was around 4.35 Gigabytes but the Software Distribution...
  9. Contents of Folder

Contents of Folder: I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet, but the only way I know of that "MAY" work is to print the file names to an Adobe file and then convert them over to an...
  10. Documents Library - Lost Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Library - Lost Contents: Hi all. First time over in the 10 Forums, but an old time member of the 7 Forum *chuckle I'm trying to work out a concern today, that's frankly driving me nuts. I installed the latest Creators Update a couple of days ago, and noticed this today, so I'm assuming its...