Windows 10: lost my files,settings and apps by automatic update

Discus and support lost my files,settings and apps by automatic update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi friends, i was using Windows 10 Enterprise . And from automatic update, i lost my most important files . But , i have now recovered them . Now, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZainZakie, Jan 4, 2016.

1. ZainZakie Win User

lost my files,settings and apps by automatic update

Hi friends, i was using Windows 10 Enterprise . And from automatic update, i lost my most important files . But , i have now recovered them . Now, the problem is that only two apps i.e. Cortana and Microsoft Edge are coming . And i can't find store,outlook,news and other apps etc . Please tell me how can i find those apps . Help me please .

Here is Screenshot .

lost my files,settings and apps by automatic update [​IMG]

P.S : Sorry for my Grammar *Smile

:)

ZainZakie, Jan 4, 2016

2. Anniversary update for windows education N version

I'm using N version of windows 10 education edition. Anniversary update isn't showing up in automatic updates. I wanted to update manually using update assistant but only regular versions are shown in selection, so i can only keep my files, but my apps
    and settings would get deleted. Will it become available for my version automatically anytime soon or will i be forced to use the assistant and lost my settings?

Filip Milivojevic, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Lost files, settings after an AUTOMATIC Windows 10 update (NOT an update to Windows 10--already did that).

All the accounts should be upgraded at once (you can't upgrade just some of them). Let's focus on a specific concrete problem and solve it. What's your current status? Still unable to open PST files?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, welcome to tenforums. The usual Powershell commands for repairing the all too often broken universal apps (tho' with 200m users there must be many this doesn't happen to!) are not recommended as they actually break them - MS is looking into this, reportedly.

So the solution I would suggest to you is an in place upgrade repair install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

This will take some time but leave all in place.
    (Surprised any automatic update has caused you to lose documents..)

dalchina, Jan 5, 2016
Thema:

1. lost my files,settings and apps by automatic update - Similar Threads - lost files settings

2. Lost settings and files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost settings and files: After rebooting, my monitor resets to microsoft default settings and my pictures and document folders are empty. This started after the new Micrsoft Edge loaded. I have reset everything several times and every time I reboot, I lose everything....
  3. Lost files and apps when Edge was updated.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files and apps when Edge was updated.: There was an automatic update on my Edge 2 days ago, at night while sleeping, when I got up in the morning and turned on my laptop is when I saw it was done. It had info about the new Edge etc. well when I went through a couple screens and turned those off, I see my desktop...
  4. Lost files and apps

Lost files and apps: I do not speak computereze . I updated my PC and lost the ability to access and edit any word docs. Notice says I have to purchase window office to gain access. I also lost some apps the most important of which was Legacy. Legacy has my family tree info I added for the past...
  5. Lost my files, settings and apps with a Windows Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost my files, settings and apps with a Windows Update: My computer automatically updated Windows and after the restart I found my files, settings and apps gone. Can you help me recover everything please? I would like my user to be the way it was before the update....
  6. automatic update in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic update in settings: where do i see the option to install automatic updates? I am given the "pause" option, but not the automatic update one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-update-in-settings/1ca0651c-d6a8-4d64-999b-d7e9dc511f8c
  7. apps lost during automatic update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    apps lost during automatic update: windows store-maps and calculator was lost doring automatic update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-maps-and-calculator-was-lost-doring/8e0876e2-c373-47c2-adce-bc58ee38908f"
  8. Updated my laptop and lost my settings

Updated my laptop and lost my settings: At the beging of this month I did scheduled update on lap top, and in doing lost my word settings, my laptop was purchased 2011, I have a key code that microsoft no long validate, I want my setting back, they have previously been paid for...
  9. Update nightmare - reset Apps, lost Data after automatic update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update nightmare - reset Apps, lost Data after automatic update: Hi, on a no-problem notebook of a Relative, win ran an update last night at 4 and came up with this: Most App-Links are gone, Apps still there. But Firefox, Outlook and others seem completely reset as if freshly installed, no accounts set f.e. Win demands hardware driver...
  10. Apps and settings lost

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps and settings lost: Hi. Im new to this forum and thanks for the membership My PC got windows 10in february this year and has worked great until now Some days ago settings went back to default and changes like the quick launch disappeared. Many of the included apps like calculator is not...