Windows 10: Lost my hdd

Discus and support Lost my hdd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Euroclydon2, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Lost my hdd

Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games installed on hdd and it seems to have vanished. When I open device manager it is only my ssd that is visible. When I open view tab/show hidden devices I can see my hdd listed but not highlighted/available. Anything I can try? Kind regards...

:)

Euroclydon2, Jun 3, 2018

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    After upgrading to Windows 10 - 2nd and 3rd HDDs cannot be seen??????

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to check in BIOS setting whether both the HDD are listed there. You may get in touch with your computer manufacturer or refer to the user manual on how to enter BIOS settings.

If it is listed in BIOS, you may check whether you are able to see both the HDD in Disk Management. Follow the steps to check:

Press Windows Key + X.

Click on Disk Management.

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost my hdd

1. Lost my hdd - Similar Threads - Lost hdd

2. lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.: Hi,I have an older dell, still an OK PC. I lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when I had to replace the hard drive, is there a way of getting a new key free or do i have to buy a Key?...
  3. lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.: Hi,I have an older dell, still an OK PC. I lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when I had to replace the hard drive, is there a way of getting a new key free or do i have to buy a Key?...
  4. lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?: So, I made my external HDD as a bootable but didn't format anything and now it's showing only 30GB out of 2TB.What should I do to revert back to normal and is it possible that my existing is not lost? any solution for this.I haven't even booted through it any way to get that...
  6. I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?

I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?: So, I made my external HDD as a bootable but didn't format anything and now it's showing only 30GB out of 2TB.What should I do to revert back to normal and is it possible that my existing is not lost? any solution for this.I haven't even booted through it any way to get that...
  7. I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?: will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?if lost what is the solution so that the license is not lost? Or, just simply log in with a Microsoft account?...
  9. will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?: will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?if lost what is the solution so that the license is not lost? Or, just simply log in with a Microsoft account?...
  10. will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?