Windows 10: Lost my Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Lost my Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a HP AIO desktop. Was running windows 8.1 Pro. I then upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro 10240. I had a DVD with Build 10586 on it and so I decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shipinomore10, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Lost my Windows 10 Pro

I had a HP AIO desktop. Was running windows 8.1 Pro. I then upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro 10240.
    I had a DVD with Build 10586 on it and so I decided to wipe the hdd. then clean install build 10586.
    I followed the instructions written by Shawn for SevenForums. All went well. no problems.
    When I checked the activation it showed Windows 10 Home.
    How can I get this upgraded back to Pro? I done this same proceedure with my oun desktop and then was able to do the upgrade using key that I have used on my machine several times before. It would not work on my other desktop.
    I had downloaded the Build 10586 from Tech Bench. should I have used MCT?
    any suggestions?
    Shipinomore

:)

shipinomore10, Jan 2, 2016

2. Problem with the version.

So I bought Windows 8 Pro a couple of years back, it updated to Windows 8.1 Pro later. Then I installed the Developer Preview of Windows !0, when Windows 10 came out, I automatically got Windows 10, not Pro, so I installed Windows 10 Pro but then realized
    that my Windows 8 Pro key would not work with Win10 Pro. Also my laptop lost all the previous data, basically i cannot use Windows Rollback because there is no Windows to Roll back to. Now I have lost all my data and I don't have proper Windows.

Please Assist.

Thanks.

BelatedGorilla7, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 WMP Support

After upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro I appear to have lost my WMP Music Library. Does Windows 10 support WMP?

Jeremy Daly, Jan 2, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Lost my Windows 10 Pro

Try this

From your Windows 10 Home running Version 1511, enter the Windows 10 Pro Default key under change product key.

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

This default key will not activate the system, just take you to Pro so you can activate using 8.1 Pro key from link below purchase button (do not buy of course).

cereberus, Jan 2, 2016
  5. cereberus thank you for responding. I had watched it trying to upgrade to Pro. I had even gotten a message in RED telling me to go to the MS Store.
    I left it and went to Wal Mart for something and when I checked on it again it was back to the login in screen and it up graded.
    I ran winver and it said it was Pro. went into system and it said pro and windows was activated. went into settings activation and it is activated there also,

another one of those mysterious things that windows 10 can do.
    Thank you for the answer and that is the key that I was using.
    Shipinomore

shipinomore10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost my Windows 10 Pro

1. Lost my Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Lost Pro

2. Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...: My laptop motherboard failed, I used a new laptop to mount the old HDD drive with Win 10 Pro OS partition and boot from it. It worked and I got into Windows however ALL my previously installed programs were gone and all my user profile files were missing Documents, Downloads,...
  3. Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...: My laptop motherboard failed, I used a new laptop to mount the old HDD drive with Win 10 Pro OS partition and boot from it. It worked and I got into Windows however ALL my previously installed programs were gone and all my user profile files were missing Documents, Downloads,...
  4. Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My windows 11 pro device is stuck on a lost school email and I cant log out of onedrive to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 pro device is stuck on a lost school email and I cant log out of onedrive to...: I tried to delete onedrive aswell, but still, the device logged into the lost account and it seems now I've lost the ability to use screenshots. They turn into corrupt files immediatly after getting taken so....
  6. My windows 11 pro device is stuck on a lost school email and I cant log out of onedrive to...

My windows 11 pro device is stuck on a lost school email and I cant log out of onedrive to...: I tried to delete onedrive aswell, but still, the device logged into the lost account and it seems now I've lost the ability to use screenshots. They turn into corrupt files immediatly after getting taken so....
  7. I HAVE LOST SOME OF MY WINDOWS 11 PRO "DRIVERS". IT WILL NOT LET ME DO A FACTORY RESET??????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I HAVE LOST SOME OF MY WINDOWS 11 PRO "DRIVERS". IT WILL NOT LET ME DO A FACTORY RESET??????: I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD AN APP AND THEN I LOST SOME OF MY WINDOWS 11 PRO DRIVERS AND WHATEVER ELSE. I TRIED TO TAKE IT BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS AND IT KEEPS SAYING THERE WAS AN ISSUE AND IT COULD NOT DO IT, THEN IT SAYS NOTHING WAS CHANGED. I AM SO MAD & UPSET. EVEN MICROSOFT...
  8. I HAVE LOST SOME OF MY WINDOWS 11 PRO "DRIVERS". IT WILL NOT LET ME DO A FACTORY RESET??????

I HAVE LOST SOME OF MY WINDOWS 11 PRO "DRIVERS". IT WILL NOT LET ME DO A FACTORY RESET??????: I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD AN APP AND THEN I LOST SOME OF MY WINDOWS 11 PRO DRIVERS AND WHATEVER ELSE. I TRIED TO TAKE IT BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS AND IT KEEPS SAYING THERE WAS AN ISSUE AND IT COULD NOT DO IT, THEN IT SAYS NOTHING WAS CHANGED. I AM SO MAD & UPSET. EVEN MICROSOFT...
  9. After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio: After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-11-pro-insider-preview-update-on/62b7f9a1-b160-4dda-a23f-d34dafbe9398
  10. After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio

After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio: After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-11-pro-insider-preview-update-on/62b7f9a1-b160-4dda-a23f-d34dafbe9398