Windows 10: Lost network computers after new sky router or Windows Update

Discus and support Lost network computers after new sky router or Windows Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi i have been suffering slow WiFi speeds for a while now and sky have replaced my router. I have two computers both running windows 10 with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sam02, Jan 13, 2016.

1. sam02 Win User

Lost network computers after new sky router or Windows Update

Hi i have been suffering slow WiFi speeds for a while now and sky have replaced my router.

I have two computers both running windows 10 with the latest build

Now since i started with this router i have lost my home network and i have not changed anything on the computer

This is driving me crazy some times i can see my other computer but not able to connect to it. sometimes i can see nothing. sometimes i can see the sky router and sometimes not.

My network is set to private on both computers and file and printing is turned on

All i have done is plugged in a new router

Sometimes i can see on my network a device called AirTies WAP what is this please

After doing a google search i found that AirTies WAP is something to do with my Sky wireless booster. is that right

Im not able to see the other computer it says error 0x80070035

Ive done a google search on this but nothing seem to help

:)

sam02, Jan 13, 2016
  2. nexuseden Win User

N96 Debate!

dannyalbo You have the same setup as myself the sky router you are pretty stuck with as you cannot upgrade the firmware, as they have modified it for use just with sky. You can plug in another router and just use this as an access point which means it
    will take the internet / routing from the sky router and take over the wireless function. The setup I am having no problems with is Sky router Netgear DG834T with a Belkin F5D8233. If you wish to go to the expense at least you will get much better coverage
    with an n router. Before you plug the Belkin in to the Sky router setup the wireless with WPA encryption and select use as access point. Disable the wireless on your sky router turn off both router and plugin the belkin to the sky router use one of the normal
    1-4 sockets not the cable modem socke. Turn on the sky router then the Belkin. Search for the new network on the N96 connect as usual.

nexuseden, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Edge and Apps not working

Edge and Apps not accessing the internet - I have managed to get it working ok at one location but when I connected to a different router in another location its stopped again. its obviously a networking issue, I have reset network adapters and flushed dns
    but still the same. Any ideas? I had this issue with another laptop and ended up refreshing Windows 10 although it worked it cost me lost of time.

Works fine connected to Virgin router but not a Sky router. Router has been replaced.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mwillshire, Jan 13, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

You have to set your network back up, any time the Router/Gateway is swapped out.

bro67, Jan 14, 2016
  5. sam02 Win User
    Well i have done the same as when i first set it up and it just does not work, have you any ideas what i need to do next

Help please i can see the other computers but im not able to connect to them

sam02, Jan 14, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Again you have to go through and set back up all of the computers with the new router, if the new one does not use the same IP scheme as the old one did. Same thing with WiFi, if any computer used WiFi, you have to connect them to the new SSID with the new Passphrase. Basic Networking 101 stuff. Sky has the information on their website on how to setup up a network for their equipment.

bro67, Jan 14, 2016
  7. sam02 Win User
    Thanks for the advice i have gone through the setup of all the computers again with the new Passphrase just like i did the first time and both computers connect via WiFI ti the internet and both can use the network printer and can both see each other on the network but they will not connect

You say sky has all the details on their website but i am not able to see that info

Thanks anyway

sam02, Jan 14, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Hi.
    Please have a read of this thread, perhaps it will help?
    Solved *** How I Fixed My Missing Network Homegroup Computers *** - Windows 10 Forums

Also, please make sure your systems are all on Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.63). You can verify this by typing winver in the search bar and hitting enter to run the command.

simrick, Jan 14, 2016
  9. sam02 Win User
    Thank you i will have a look at the link you have sent but i now think my problem might have a little to do with Kaspersky 2016 i just closed Kaspersky on both computers and now my PC can see and access my laptop but my laptop can still not see the PC.

I have started Kaspersky again and on my PC i can see the laptop but not access it and i still carnt see the PC on the laptop

And yes they are both running on Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.63)

Thanks again for the link

sam02, Jan 14, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    Set it to trust the network on both.

bro67, Jan 14, 2016
  11. sam02 Win User
    Yes done that

Now on the laptop i can not see the PC but i can see and access the network printer
    Now on the PC i can access the Laptop but the network printer does not show up

This is a total nightmare i have been 4 days trying to sort this out it was fine in Windows 7

sam02, Jan 15, 2016
  12. simrick Win User
    So you think Kaspersky has something to do with this? Wonder if you uninstall it on both machines and temporarily use Defender, get the network all set up, and then reinstall Kaspersky?

simrick, Jan 15, 2016
  13. sam02 Win User

Yes i think Kaspersky has a lot to do with it

i think that might be the next step

sam02, Jan 15, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    It would be that Kaspersky did not have the new network Trusted.

bro67, Jan 15, 2016
  15. sam02 Win User
    Hi guys i think i have done Kaspersky an injustice i totally removed Kaspersky 2016 from both of my computers rebooted and tried to access my network.

The results where hit and miss sometimes i could see the other computers and sometimes not, sometimes my laptop when trying to access my other computer would ask my for the password for the other computer, i had to add the correct password several times before it would connect.

Then on the next reboot i could not see the other computer at all and not able to see my network printer.

So with no anti-virus present on ether computer it still will not connect

Now i am not sure if this problem started when i installed the latest windows build or when i changed my router

This problem i have is so random, On one boot it works fully but only one way and the next boot up it works partly and another boot it will not work at all My network settings and Kaspersky settings are always the same, so it must be windows 10.

I can click on the network icon and see all the computers and access them, then i can browse a couple of web sites and then go back to the network icon click on it, and i cant see any computers on the network just 10 minutes later and both computers have not rebooted or anything like that?

Sometimes when i click on the network icon the computer can not see itself never mind the other computers.

i see the internet is full of people with the same or similar problems

sam02, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Lost network computers after new sky router or Windows Update - Similar Threads - Lost network computers

2. Lost Network Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Network Computer: I have two desktop computers (Windows 10 and Windows 7) and a Laptop (Windows 10). Until recently they were connected by the same WiFi network and were all visible. Now I can see the two Desktops on each Desktop machine, but not the Laptop, and although I can see both...
  3. Network Data with New Router

Network Data with New Router: I have changed out my Router, and now cannot get the NAS and Network Computers to show in My Network. If I put the old router back in server they show again. Where is there a place to delete the old router info, so the new router can provide the connections? It appears...
  4. New Sky Router

New Sky Router: Hi i have been having a few problems with my internet connection and my service provider (Sky) posted me a new Sky Q router, by the way i don't have sky Q just the sky plus box. But before the new router arrived the problem sorted its self out, i also use some devolo 500...
  5. SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update: Hi folks looks like some of these streaming services are getting a bit tougher -- they don't seem to like you attempting to save a show so you can watch it later After latest sky go update (and you can't avoid the update) -- it's actually easy to bypass but that's another...
  6. Sky Q router and Devolo

Sky Q router and Devolo: Hi can someone help please I have been running a Sky router and Devolo 500+ Duo for some time now with no problems. But Sky has sent me a new SkyQ router and the base unit of the Delolo will not connect to the new router no matter what I try. On running the Devolo Cockpit it...
  7. Sky router and wi fi problems.

Sky router and wi fi problems.: I recently changed my graphics from an AD Radeon to an Nvidea Geoforce graphics card and I have since not been able to connect my pc to the Internet. I run my sky router by lead direct from my pc but it doesn't want to connect. It is most frustrating, as the wifi is working...
  8. COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER

COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER: COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/computer-does-not-appear-in-network-map-after/09f5e2df-5a12-4a68-b980-e911e7865f30
  9. Lost network after 1803 update

Lost network after 1803 update: I have 2 PCs on a network Both are Windows 10 pro with 1803 update. They both worked fine on the network before the update. I get this error message on both PCs. [img] 109467
  10. Network discovery turned off after installing a new router

Network discovery turned off after installing a new router: This week I upgraded to a new router. While fighting some unexpected connectivity problems I found that network discovery had been turned off on all 3 of my computers. Should I have anticipated this? I can't think of any reason Windows would care. The 3 computers all got new...