Windows 10: Lost network connection to QNAP NAS after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Lost network connection to QNAP NAS after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks, I was apprehensive about Windows 10. I know this because the upgrade icon stated for a while now that it was ready to download and install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Khangster, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Khangster Win User

Lost network connection to QNAP NAS after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi folks,

I was apprehensive about Windows 10. I know this because the upgrade icon stated for a while now that it was ready to download and install - but I wasn't. I was quite content with my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS. Unfortunately, yesterday in a particularly good mood I installed Windows 10.

This morning I found out the sound didn't work. Fixed it after half a day of tinkering. Also found out that the NAS QNAP-TS412 no longer exist under my Network section. I tried but failed to find a working solution. I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion or idea that I can try. I'm no techie by any means so please have patience and bear with me.

I tried mapping the network drive, surprisingly enough I can see in the Drive field that my folders still exist in their corresponding drive letters, but they don't show up under the NAS! When I attempt to connect them I get a Network Error message, specifically Error code: 0x80070035. The network path was not found. Windows Network Diagnostics suggested I turn on the computer or device and connect it! Haha. I have an barebone PC NUC with a LAN connection to the NAS and it read fine. No points for guessing the Windows 10 was responsible. Help!

I have attached a text file of a Speccy summary of my PC. Thanks in advance folks.

:)

Khangster, Aug 16, 2015

2. The Npcap Loopback Adapter

Vanessa,

This has to be a hack. My machine was working fine until this morning when I suddenly lost connection to my QNAP NAS.

A few months ago, I had a strange credit card charge from out of state. I called and cancelled card. A new one was issued. The next statement (for the new card) had two charges for the exact same amount on it only in state.

This morning, a "new" network was added to my network while I was working on a project and suddenly LOST my NAS connection. I started trouble shooting the QNAP NAS connection, rebooted the network switch, routers and NAS. ALL network machines were powered
    down while reboot took place.

The machine that lost connection with the NAS was the ONLY machine that had that npcap loop network on it. It also had a cMap application installed - without my knowledge! Some people have mentioned this and shown what to do. In device manager, I deleted
    the false network and then went into program manager and uninstalled the cMap application. Rebooted the machine and the connection to my NAS was restored ... thank God!

What the hell is going on with networks and hacking Windows 10?!

DeanRobbins, Aug 16, 2015
  3. No NAS Access after windows update

After update Windows machine does not see other computers on network.

Machine 1 - Windows 10 Desktop

Machine 2 - Windows 10 laptop - was working until I got the restart message as I was on the NAS

Machine 3 - Qnap NAS

Machine 4 - Freenas box

MAchine 5 - Linux Box - working fine, how I am access NAS Admin screens

When Windows desktop was only update that had been rebooted - it only saw itself. After update, the Laptop became visible but lap top lost access to NAS

I can ping both nas boxes - no issue

I can log into web interface of Freenas box from Desktop

I cannot log into web interface of QNAP box.

I have reset all routers and switches in the house as well as complete power cycle of Desktop and Laptop and QNAP Nas box (have not power cycled Freenas).

if I put \\IP Address - I can see directory structure of freenas box but nothing for QNAP

Shawn T. Smith, Aug 16, 2015
  4. linw Win User

This is a tricky one. I have been there done that as have quite a few others. There is no one size fits all answer and, as you have found, don't bother clicking the troubleshooter!

The fundamental problem being reported with that error code is that the requesting client machine issues a request to the server to display its shares but if the server does not reply, after a brief interval, the client basicly tells you the server doesn't exist (path not found). In my case, the forced Lanman server SMB protocol was wrong, hence no communication with the Lanman client service. Sometimes the Linux based NAS servers do give problems.

For starters, use the search at the top right corner of this page. '80070035 error' will do. See if any of the posts help.

Good luck.

5. Khangster Win User
    Thanks, linw, for the tip. Perhaps if I spend a bit more time with it...

Cheers!

Khangster, Aug 18, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    You could try reinstalling the QNap software.

swarfega, Aug 18, 2015
  7. robgr Win User
    Try Q Finder, see here
    Also, check the Windows firewall is disabled, see here
    I did a Win 10 UG where the fw had enabled itself and this caused a network issue whereby my streamer couldn't see a network share

robgr, Aug 18, 2015
  8. Khangster Win User

robgr my friend, you are a genius. It's fixed! I ran QNAP Finder with no luck, so I disable Windows Defender using Local Group Policy Editor, and presto! Now everything lits up like a Christmas tree. *Biggrin

Khangster, Aug 18, 2015
  9. robgr Win User
    Glad it's all working now*Smile

robgr, Aug 18, 2015
  10. robgr Win User
    In my case I was using KIS 2015 which was dealing with fw duties so it didn't matter when turning of the Win fw
    Are you similarly using AV software as it wouldn't be sensible to be without the fw?
    If not then at least knowing it's the fw will allow you to correctly configure the fw if required

robgr, Aug 18, 2015
  11. Khangster Win User
    I do use KIS 2015. I haven't touch it since I totally forgot all about it! It hasn't give me a beep so I didn't even think of it...

Khangster, Aug 18, 2015
  12. howardjnl Win User
    Since Windows update on 11/12/2015 (mess of cumulative updates) I can no longer connect to my QNAP Webdav shares. I have a HP laptop running Windows 10 Pro over wifi and am connecting using SSL.
    The connections work fine after mapping them until I reboot my workstation. Then they fail consistently with the dreaded 0x80070035 error. I've set IP for NetBIOS over IP, flushed the DNS cache, I've checked hidden devices in the Device Manager for 6to4 network devices (none), turned off anti-virus and firewall, installed a new network card driver, and no change.
    If I delete the mapped drives and set them up again they work fine until I reboot. I'm pulling out my last few hairs over this.
    Suggestions?
    John

howardjnl, Nov 13, 2015
  13. famensis Win User

I am also experiencing an issue after the recent update. I have a Linux server on my home network that was showing up in the network neighborhood before the update, but after the update that server is not showing any more.

I can ping it and map drives just fine. I also enabled NetBIOS but that did no good. Windows firewall is off and I tried turning the Norton off too but that made no difference.

On the one hand It works because I can map the drive so that's good. I would like to be able to just browse my network and see the server.

Any suggestions?

famensis, Nov 14, 2015
  14. howardjnl Win User
    An update: Webdav using SSL works to access my IIS7 server even after a reboot. HOWEVER, after a reboot it always prompts me for sign in credentials the first time I access it no matter how many times I tell it to save the credentials. Hmmm... I'll post this in the QNAP forum at QNAP.com as well.

howardjnl, Nov 14, 2015
  15. robgr Win User
    Launch Credential Manager and delete any related credentials in the generic key store (likely in Windows Credentials|Generic Credentials) then repeat the login process and see what you get

robgr, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Lost network connection to QNAP NAS after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Lost network connection

2. Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS: Windows does not see the NAS, a QNAP TS-219PII. This worked perfectly under Windows 10. The Windows LAN is defined as public, both network discovery and file and printer sharing are turned on. SMB is turned on.Which settings are to be checked in order that Windows recognizes...
  3. Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS: Windows does not see the NAS, a QNAP TS-219PII. This worked perfectly under Windows 10. The Windows LAN is defined as public, both network discovery and file and printer sharing are turned on. SMB is turned on.Which settings are to be checked in order that Windows recognizes...
  4. Windows 10 home network NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home network NAS connection problem: I have windows 10 home version. I installed a NAS drive connected to my router. The only account that can find it is the Administrator account. I have set all of the required setting and yet nothing. Can anyone please help?...
  5. Windows 10 home network NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 home network NAS connection problem: I have windows 10 home version. I installed a NAS drive connected to my router. The only account that can find it is the Administrator account. I have set all of the required setting and yet nothing. Can anyone please help?...
  6. lost connection to NAS after windows update

lost connection to NAS after windows update: After a recent Windows 10 update i lost connection to my NAS and it will not let me reconnect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-connection-to-nas-after-windows-update/9bf1c8a0-b141-4556-bb2e-25f92a7b7182
  7. QNAP NAS invisible to Backup Centre

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    QNAP NAS invisible to Backup Centre: Would appreciate assistance with this matter... The W10 (1909) Backup & Restore facility doesn't 'see' my connected QNAP NAS. The NAS doesn't show when I browse to look for a network location on which to backup. Worked fine under W7. And I can't remember the exact NAS file...
  8. No network connection after windows 10 upgrade

No network connection after windows 10 upgrade: Hi, after upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 I have no internet connection. From looking around various forums the problem is usually a VPN or anti virus issue so I have used the f secure removal tool to uninstall my anti virus and used revo uninstaller to remove...
  9. Cannot connect with network location (QNAP)

Cannot connect with network location (QNAP): Hi, I would like to map a network location (QNAP) on computer running Windows 10. There aren't any problems with it on other PC's, also with Windows 10. All computers are in company's domain. When I try to connect there is info: [IP address] is not available. We cannot...
  10. Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10

Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10: I did the upgrade from W-8.1 to 10 in November and have had several problems since. The most pernicious problem is the loss of my Internet Connection. I had my ISP service dude have a go; but no joy. He concluded it is a software problem. Everything is properly connected and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 user lost connection qnap

2. qnap nas loses connection to domain 2018