Windows 10: Lost network connection

Discus and support Lost network connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wife's brand-new Dell (win 10, 64 bit) suddenly lost the network connection. It says "Unidentified network". It's a directly wired connection, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by esebm, Mar 10, 2017.

1. esebm Win User

Lost network connection

My wife's brand-new Dell (win 10, 64 bit) suddenly lost the network connection. It says "Unidentified network".
    It's a directly wired connection, no router or modem involved. The same connection works just fine on two other PCs, one win 10, the other XP.
    I have tried all kinds of resets but nothing helps.
    Anyone have any idea what I should do next?
    Thanks,
    Ed

:)

esebm, Mar 10, 2017

2. Windows 10 Settings won't work, Wifi drops irregularly

Are You blind? Issue is on clean Windows 10 installation. I CAN connect to a wifi network and the network works BUT a lot of pings are lost, connections are lost (even though network
    is connected).

SirBeherit, Mar 10, 2017
  3. reconnecting to an existing home network

I recently lost network connection with an existing homegroup that I was networked with. The laptop that was connected suddenly lost network connection and I can't recall anyone doing anything to cause this. The laptop will now not connect to the homegroup
    network. Only new thing in the house is we recenty bought our son a Surface pro 4. Any iseas?

RichardWhiteNIKKO, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Lost network connection

Wired directly to what?

Samuria, Mar 10, 2017
  5. Hi Ed.

Interesting. Usually you need something to go from copper or glass to Ethernet. Are you just connecting it to a wall connection in a building that provides Internet.

Is it possible that the other two devices are using a static IP address?

Where your network shows in the systray is it saying cable disconnected or No Internet?

Have you run the Network rest in Windows 10? Start => Settings => Network and Internet. Scroll down right hand side, Reset Network.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 10, 2017
  6. esebm Win User
    Ken,
    I have an Ethernet connecting coming down from a broadband antenna on the roof.
    That connection works fine on my other 2 PCs.
    The systray icon shows the yellow exclamation mark.
    When I tried that PC just a minute ago, the internet was back and everything seems to work fine.
    Go figure.
    Thanks for the help.
    Ed

Update:
    Internet just went away, again. Yellow exclamation mark in systray, unidentified network out of the blue.

esebm, Mar 10, 2017
  7. Thanks Ed.

So are the other devices using a Static IP address?

Did you try the Network Reset in settings?

I would also look at updating driver for wired connection. I would also go to the power management tab for the adapter and uncheck, allow the computer to shut off this device to save power?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 10, 2017
  8. esebm Win User

Lost network connection

Ken,
    Thanks for the continued help, I really appreciate that.
    As to static IP addresses, I don't know. Is there any way to find that out?
    Network resetting did not work.
    I'll try to update drivers whenever the network comes back, if it does.
    Maybe it is any help, but this PC ran fine the past couple of weeks, those network outages just started a day ago.

esebm, Mar 11, 2017
  9. Well it might of help

If you go Start => Settings => Update and Security. On right near top, "Update history". Click once. Has something recently been installed, either Window Update or drivers?

If you don't know about static ip's then it is likely they don't have to be set. I just thought maybe you get assigned addresses in this set up of yours.

Yes there is a way to find out. Right click on Network icon in systray, click Open Network and Sharing, upper left, click on Change Adapter settings, click once on adapter you are using, right click, click properties, click once on Internet Protocol Version 4, click on properties. A window opens. If the option "Obtain Address Automatically' is selected then it is not a static ip.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 11, 2017
  10. Samuria Win User
    Your not helping us we need to know what its connecting to as that may be the fault. Open a cmd pmompt the type

ipconfig /all
    then type
    tracert 194.119.131.66
    post results it will gives us an idea whats going on

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost network connection

1. Lost network connection - Similar Threads - Lost network connection

2. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network & internet connection lost: Hi there, My problem was I woke up in the morning and open my laptop as usual. Everything was fine, the wifi was connected. I turn off my laptop, and open it again after an hour later. All of the sudden my connection was lost. Not just lost, but theres no network available...
  3. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network & internet connection lost: Hi there, My problem was I woke up in the morning and open my laptop as usual. Everything was fine, the wifi was connected. I turn off my laptop, and open it again after an hour later. All of the sudden my connection was lost. Not just lost, but theres no network available...
  4. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Help with Network connectivity all connectivity suddenly lost

Help with Network connectivity all connectivity suddenly lost: I have an HP 8200 SFF running Windows 10 - Yes I know it shipped with Windows 7 but I have been running 10 with no issues since 2019. On July 26, all of sudden I am no longer able to reach the internet. I have tried everything know to man - downloaded network card drivers to...
  6. Network connection keeps getting lost

Network connection keeps getting lost: I have two Win 10 computers between which I share files. Frequently one of them no longer shows up on the other as a network computer. I have to keep restarting function discovery on one or the other. In some cases it shows it working on the PC that is not recognized, but if...
  7. Lost Home network connection on one computer

Lost Home network connection on one computer: On my desktop under Network folder the NAS (Readyshare) and my Pro3 notebook are not 'seen' anymore after some unknown event. Desktop 'sees' the wireless network printer and R7000 media devices and the TV. My notebook however 'sees' all. I compared all Network & Internet...
  8. Lost Network Connection?

Lost Network Connection?: Hello, I'm really hoping someone can help - we recently swapped internet service providers in our office and our WIFI is up and running fine. The problem we are having is that we use Sage accounting software, the main computer runs Sage and then my computer runs Sage from...
  9. lost connection to a network drive

lost connection to a network drive: I recently formatted my computer. I have a HDD connected to my linksys EA6900 touter Since' I don't see the network HDD Other computers see the HDD How can I see it?...
  10. Lost Home Network Connection

Lost Home Network Connection: The upgrade from 8.1 went smoothly, the only problem so far is that I lost my Home Network connection and don't see how to re-connect. My Home Network consists of 3 computers, an ancient XP, a newer WIN7, an HP Printer and this one running WIN10. Where do I find the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost windows phone network connection