Windows 10: Lost network/homegroup sharing

Discus and support Lost network/homegroup sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I see the following error on both my HTPC and my desktop PC. Both running Win 10 pro 64 bit. I reinstalled the intel driver on bot machines but that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by samhfoley, Mar 5, 2017.

1. samhfoley Win User

Lost network/homegroup sharing

I see the following error on both my HTPC and my desktop PC. Both running Win 10 pro 64 bit.

I reinstalled the intel driver on bot machines but that did not work.

I power cycled the cable modem and routher, that didn't work either.

I tried the winsock series on CMDs but that didn't work either...

ideas??

Thanks in advance,
    SamLost network/homegroup sharing [​IMG]
    Windows Network Diagnostics L: Publisher details
    Issues found L: Windows requires more information to diagnose the problem
    Windows requires more information to diagnose the problem
    Not fixed Lost network/homegroup sharing [​IMG] Try connecting again Completed
    Issues found L: Detection details
    6 Windows requires more information to diagnose the problem Not fixed Lost network/homegroup sharing [​IMG] Try connecting again Completed Connect to this computer again or have someone else try to connect using the same program you were using when the problem occurred. Lost network/homegroup sharing [​IMG]
    Network Diagnostics Log File Name: L: E609383D-A9B2-411C-9514-6F7738A52751.Repair.2.etl
    Detection details Lost network/homegroup sharing [​IMG]
    Lost network/homegroup sharing [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Information (Network Adapter) Details about network adapter diagnosis:

Network adapter Ethernet driver information:

Description . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
    Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : Intel Corporation
    Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft
    Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 12.15.22.6
    Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\WINDOWS\INF\net1ic64.inf
    Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, July 16, 2016 11:41:54 AM
    Section Name . . . . . . . . . : E15B8.6.2.1
    Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_8086&dev_15b8
    Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a
    Device Manager Status Code . . : 0
    IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6
    Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14 Lost network/homegroup sharing [​IMG]
    Network Diagnostics Log File Name: L: CC077A51-E8A4-451E-989F-AA8E3676B50E.Diagnose.0.etl Lost network/homegroup sharing [​IMG]
    Network Diagnostics Log File Name: L: E609383D-A9B2-411C-9514-6F7738A52751.Diagnose.1.etl Lost network/homegroup sharing [​IMG]
    Other Networking Configuration and Logs File Name: L: NetworkConfiguration.cab Lost network/homegroup sharing [​IMG]
    Other Networking Configuration and Logs File Name: L: NetworkConfiguration.cab Collection information Computer Name: HOME Windows Version: 10.0 Architecture: x64 Time: Monday, March 6, 2017 11:17:12 AM

Publisher details Lost network/homegroup sharing [​IMG]
    Windows Network Diagnostics Detects problems with network connectivity. Package Version: 4.0 Publisher:

:)

samhfoley, Mar 5, 2017
  2. RioJoe Win User

Homegroup deletion in Win 10 No solution works yet

I too have the same difficulties removing a homegroup from my network. After all the computers on my home network were switched to Windows 10, my daughter set up a homegroup which we all shared. She has now left home, lost her laptop and the homegroup password
    with it ! So we can't delete the old homegroup and set up a new one.

I'd give a prize to the first person to suggest a foolproof way to kill an existing homegroup and set up a new one, without the original password !

RioJoe, Mar 5, 2017
  3. DanMilton Win User
    November 2015 Windows 10 update - broke Homegroup membership and other user information

If you lost your Homegroup password you are kind of out of luck.

I got stuck that way and looking at all the posts, tried the wizard, and the resetting of accounts (delete files from folders and registry, etc) to no avail. I finally just pulled them out of Homegroup sharing.

Go into Manage Advanced Sharing Settings, and change the HomeGroup connections (under "Private") to: "Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers".

Do that on all the computers on your network and reboot them and see if the HomeGroup goes away.

I think that is all I had to do for mine, but now my HomeGroup appears to be gone.

I have not tried to setup another Homegroup after doing this, but it might clear out all of the old stuff and allow you to create a new HomeGroup on your network. Someone post back if it does! Lost network/homegroup sharing :)

I decided to manage my shares like I do at work, through the traditional sharing. And doing my media sharing though other methods that are out there.

Hope this helps!

DanMilton, Mar 5, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

Try All Settings > Network and internet > At the bottom Network Reset, then reboot. Spent a week trying to sort out Network issues, using the reset sorted it.
    No guarantees however worth a shot.

clam1952, Mar 5, 2017
  5. rchris Win User
    The reset also worked for me. Had tried everything else to get a wireless printer back on line with my computer--nothing worked until I did the reset.

rchris, Mar 5, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Your not telling us very much can you see and ping other PC's how do you connect what errors when you try is it wifi or cable?

Samuria, Mar 5, 2017
  7. samhfoley Win User
    I did the reset, but now my network is listed as public and I cannot change it to private

I Go to settings, network, ethernet, and click on my adaptor, but there's no switch to change to private like on the tutorials....

The 2 PC's I am trying to connect are both wired connections to the same router. I am on cable internet to router to PC.

samhfoley, Mar 6, 2017
  8. Samuria Win User

Can you see them?
    Can you ping them by name?
    Can you ping by IP?
    How do you try and connect ie cmdline explorer or other

Samuria, Mar 6, 2017
  9. samhfoley Win User
    I try to see them through windows explorer...network

or

through homegroup

samhfoley, Mar 6, 2017
  10. samhfoley Win User
    This is me trying to PING my HTPC (195.168.11.24) from my desktop (192.168.11.41)
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393](c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping 195.168.11.24Pinging 195.168.11.24 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 195.168.11.24: bytes=32 time=271ms TTL=48Reply from 195.168.11.24: bytes=32 time=273ms TTL=48Reply from 195.168.11.24: bytes=32 time=272ms TTL=48Reply from 195.168.11.24: bytes=32 time=270ms TTL=48Ping statistics for 195.168.11.24: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 270ms, Maximum = 273ms, Average = 271msC:\WINDOWS\system32>

samhfoley, Mar 6, 2017
  11. Samuria Win User
    The two pcs arent on the same network why do you have two different networks?

Samuria, Mar 6, 2017
  12. samhfoley Win User
    I have no idea. That's what I'm trying to say. How do I get them on the same network? Have the HTPC as the same I address as the desktop?

samhfoley, Mar 6, 2017
  13. Samuria Win User

If they are getting an ip from a dhcp server they should all be the same unless you have more than one router if some have fixed ip they have wrong range

Samuria, Mar 6, 2017
  14. samhfoley Win User
    Here's what I did. I had networking and homegroup working last week. I live in japan and have a Buffalo WZR-HP-301GH router. I wanted to put dd-wrt firmware on it so I could use a VPN on my router. I was able to accomplish that OK, but I lost my network/homegroup functionality. I'm not sure why or what I can do to fix it.

samhfoley, Mar 6, 2017
  15. samhfoley Win User
    Is that because I have it running in AP mode?

Right now I have it set up on Automatic configuration -DHCP on Basic Set-up and AP mode in the Wireless-Wireless setup menu.

changed some settings....

samhfoley, Mar 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Lost network/homegroup sharing - Similar Threads - Lost network homegroup

2. I cant find the Homegroup option in the network sharing centre!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant find the Homegroup option in the network sharing centre!!!: I am unable to find the HOMEGROUP option anywhere.Is there an alternate way to link all my computers in the floor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-the-homegroup-option-in-the-network/4cd402e8-0e06-4c29-9599-ff7562478295
  3. Sharing, homegroups, scanning

Sharing, homegroups, scanning: I'm in my small office where my friend shares space with me; we share internet services also. I'm trying to set a network folder for scanned documents and I'm guessing I need a homegroup so I can share files & media with the other computer. I don't want to share with the...
  4. homegroup sharing

homegroup sharing: I have a new laptop with windows 10 Pro. I have an older home pc with windows 10 home. I set up homegroup on the laptop and received the homegroup code but do not see where to enter that share code on the home pc. I just want to have access to pictures on both. I setup...
  5. Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup

Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup: The title basically says it all ... I have a Windows 10 pc in a private network with 4 external hdds attached. On these drives, I have shared a number of folders. In the Explorer, these folders are shown as type Share in the Network section. In the Homegroup section of the...
  6. Homegroup and Network Sharing problem after motherboard upgrade.

Homegroup and Network Sharing problem after motherboard upgrade.: Hi guys, I replaced my motherboard a couple of days ago and didn't go the route of doing a fresh install as is always suggested but everything is working fine except the Homegroup and Network sharing. Beforehand everything was sharing OK but now PC 1 can only see the...
  7. Sharing using Homegroup

Sharing using Homegroup: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with this strange behaviour please? I am trying to share some folders from my laptop to my TV (Sony Bravia kdl-46EX700). The TV is connected to the network via a wire whilst the laptop is wifi. Selecting or deselecting Share with...
  8. Homegroup Lost in Upgrade

Homegroup Lost in Upgrade: Upgraded to Windows10. It tells me there IS homegroup and enter the password. When I try it tells me there is NO homegroup found. Ideally I'd like to just set up a new homegroup but I see no option to do that. In the alternative I'll take the old one but that isn't that...
  9. Homegroup Printer sharing woes

Homegroup Printer sharing woes: I have a bunch of pcs, (1 laptop, 2 desktops) at home all running windows 10. They were happily sharing printers over a homegroup I had set up on computer A my biggest machine. Now none can print over the network. My printer had vanished form devices but I have got...
  10. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...