Windows 10: Lost new Splash screens after re-upgrade from W7 How to re-enable ?

Discus and support Lost new Splash screens after re-upgrade from W7 How to re-enable ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there I had to do a W7 revert and then after that I upgraded to W7 and applied all the latest updates. However - I'm just getting the "Bog... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jimbo45, Oct 15, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Lost new Splash screens after re-upgrade from W7 How to re-enable ?

Hi there

I had to do a W7 revert and then after that I upgraded to W7 and applied all the latest updates.

However - I'm just getting the "Bog standard" W10 splash screen now - instead of those nice new ones - trivial I know compared with other people's problems but I really liked the new ones.

Any way to re-enable those again. BTW Network etc working properly again - seemed a bit of a long way round to revert back to W7, do the upgrade and then apply latest updates (1607). !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 15, 2016

2. Windows 10 creator update automatic repair keeps cycling

The bad news: the computer doesn't get anywhere near a home screen to choose to rollback to a previous version....

The good news: I am pleased that I can re-upgrade to W10 free of charge after re-loading W7 from my original disk.

Many Thanks for the prompt reply to my question. John H.

John Haskell, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Re Re Win User
    Blackjack II

How do I sync my contacts saved on my old sim card to my new sim card? Please help........

Re Re, Oct 15, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

Did you try to go to Settings/Personalization/Lock Screen and change the picture from there. You probably could have clean installed Win 10 1607 rather than go through the torture of the Win 7 route

shimshom, Oct 18, 2016
  5. Dude Win User
    @jimbo45 sometimes they take a while to sync back in. Look in C:\windows\web should have a few folders there. After a few reboots you should have some of the newer ones

Dude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost new Splash screens after re-upgrade from W7 How to re-enable ? - Similar Threads - Lost Splash screens

2. Re-enable a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-enable a device: I disabled my laptop because I thought it would get rid if the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-enable-a-device/4d66c633-d016-4e54-bdb3-73425b7eb240
  3. How to re-enable audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to re-enable audio: I can't hear any notification sounds, like the low battery sound or the e-mail received. I can hear everything else. I do believe that I somehow ended up deactivating the sounds, but how do I re-enable them?...
  4. How to re-enable audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-enable audio: I can't hear any notification sounds, like the low battery sound or the e-mail received. I can hear everything else. I do believe that I somehow ended up deactivating the sounds, but how do I re-enable them?...
  5. How to re-enable audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Re-enable touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re-enable touchpad: This morning, I disabled my touchpad to see if Windows 10 wouId automatically enable my touchscreen. It didn't, so now I can't use my laptop. Before I get a mouse to plug in, is there a way to re-enable my touchpad without a mouse? Thanks....
  7. Upgrade to W10 from W7 re-installed in Legacy mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to W10 from W7 re-installed in Legacy mode: After a HD crash last year, a repair center reinstalled W7 in BIOS mode even though this PC is new enough to support UEFI. There is no more recovery partition. With no W7 DVD to reinstall properly, can I upgrade to W10, either using an ISO I made last year or purchasing a new...
  8. Re-Installing Windows 10 Stuck On Splash Screen HELP!

Re-Installing Windows 10 Stuck On Splash Screen HELP!: Hi, I am having a problem re-installing Windows 10. I burned a 64 bit to a double Layer DVD(My computer is old 2011 and it will not take a thumb drive install) and it stuck on the splash screen. I held the Esc and tried Ctrl Aly Del and it almost went to the before pull-down...
  9. How to prevent Defrag from re-enabling itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent Defrag from re-enabling itself: I normally keep defrag/optimization set on a schedule for my internal hard drives - one SSD, one standard. I have the other drives disabled under 'choose drives' and I've also disabled 'defrag new drives automatically'. However, a few times a year I'll see my other drives...
  10. How to re-install Windows 10 (that was upgraded from W7) on NEW HD?

How to re-install Windows 10 (that was upgraded from W7) on NEW HD?: Hi all, So I have an older Lenovo G550 laptop that came with Windows 7 pre-installed and has a Windows 7 licence sticker on the bottom. The computer was upgraded to Windows 10 when it came out as a Windows Update (so we don't have a Windows 10 licence key). The hard...