Windows 10: Lost option to use top-rated photos for desktop background slideshow

Discus and support Lost option to use top-rated photos for desktop background slideshow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 customization has been a bit of a moving target. The latest casualty was the ability to have Windows cycle through my top rated photos as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by taward, Aug 25, 2016.

1. taward Win User

Lost option to use top-rated photos for desktop background slideshow

Windows 10 customization has been a bit of a moving target. The latest casualty was the ability to have Windows cycle through my top rated photos as the background slideshow. Now, I only have the option to point to a folder for a slide show.

This was a really cool feature b/c it meant I could cycle through my favorite pictures without having to move (and likely duplicate) them. Does anyone know how to recover this feature without having to move my pictures?

:)

taward, Aug 25, 2016
  2. Emily808 Win User

Can't select top rated photos for desktop background

In the previous version of Windows, I was able to select "top-rated photos" to use as my slideshow for my desktop background. But now, I am only able to select one folder, and it shows any photos within the folder. I only want the top-rated photos to
    show as the background. Is the "top-rated photos" no longer an option? If it is not, any other suggestions to work around this?

Emily808, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Use subfolders for background in Windows 10

I like the idea of changing my background once per day, and set the "Background" feature to do a random slideshow which uses the "Photos" folder, with the shuffle option checked. However, I keep nearly all of my photos in a number of subfolders in my "Photos"
    folder. I would like to have the background feature do a random slideshow using all of the photos in my "Photos" folder, INCLUDING all of the photos (about 99.9% of them) in the various subfolders, and not just the handful of photos in the top-level "Photos"
    folder. Can this be done? If not, then it needs to be updated, for it's a pretty useless feature as it is.

Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / General

EzraFreeman, Aug 25, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

@taward First, add this context menu item to your Desktop Context menu. It's here on Tenforums as a tutorial. Click the Personalize (Classic) option, then click Desktop Background. You wil get a screen similar to this (on my machine) where there is an option for Top Rated Photos. Hope this is what you are looking for. The options on the screen should be self-explanatory.

'Personalize (classic)' context menu - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Lost option to use top-rated photos for desktop background slideshow [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Aug 25, 2016
  5. taward Win User
    Thanks! It's not quite what I was looking for but this will get the job done. There used to be an option in the "modern" settings app but it's disappeared.

taward, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost option to use top-rated photos for desktop background slideshow - Similar Threads - Lost option top

2. Lost Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Desktop Background: I spent hours meticulously selected hundreds of photos for a desktop background slideshow on my desktop and my laptop bacground synced over it whithout even a prompt without my ever setting any preference to do so. How can I revover the deleted file of the slideshow?...
  3. Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow

Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow: Hey, I'm wondering if there is a way to make the desktop backgrounds sync when using dual monitors, I want to have both the background and colour theme automatically changed with my slideshow basically but I can't seem to find a option for that in my settings. Attached is my...
  4. Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing & it's not a slideshow or power options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing & it's not a slideshow or power options: [ATTACH] So, my Windows 10 background keeps changing on a daily basis and I have no idea how to get it to stop. It's set up as a 'picture' - not as a slideshow or a theme...
  5. Desktop background lost

Desktop background lost: So here's an interesting one... I took a photo a while back and set it as my desktop background. It's a really good photo and I cherished it. However, I damaged and lost the only hard drive it was located on, but it's still set as my account's desktop background. I want to...
  6. Desktop Background slideshow

Desktop Background slideshow: I made a few photo collages that I would like to display on my desktop in the form of a slideshow. When I went to personalize my desktop and select photos for the slideshow the folder with my collages showed empty. I saw that in the personalization window it says "choose...
  7. Desktop Background Slideshow

Desktop Background Slideshow: I selected the slideshow option to change pictures every day. It changes every hour instead. I tried every 6 hours and the same happened. The every 1 minute option worked though....
  8. Personalization Options - Backgrounds Slideshow

Personalization Options - Backgrounds Slideshow: Is there a way to choose multiple themes for background pictures, or add them to the pictures used for a background slideshow? I could do this in Windows 7, but now that I'm on Win10, I can only choose one (1)....
  9. Stop using default pictures in WIN10 desktop background slideshow

Stop using default pictures in WIN10 desktop background slideshow: Hi, I want to create desktop background slideshow from selected (and only selected) directory of my pictures. This was easy (something like settings -> motifs theme -> slideshow -> select source). However with the selected directory of about 5 pictures, the windows...
  10. Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation

Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation: Has anyone else noticed that the RANDOMISE option on the slideshow for the desktop background doesn't seem to exist anymore? Or am I looking in the wrong place compared to win7/8. Steve 7683