Windows 10: Lost password, Homegroup inaccessible after W10 upgrade..what to do?

Discus and support Lost password, Homegroup inaccessible after W10 upgrade..what to do? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded two networked computers at home to Windows 10 successfully, but to access my network, I need the Homegroup password, which [like a dope] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Token, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Token Win User

Lost password, Homegroup inaccessible after W10 upgrade..what to do?

I upgraded two networked computers at home to Windows 10 successfully, but to access my network, I need the Homegroup password, which [like a dope] I have lost.

I'm not a network wiz by any means so I have no idea how to get around this. Can I somehow just delete my present Homegroup and start from scratch again? Will setting up a new connection/network get around the existence of the old one?

Any tips or suggestions gratefully accepted...

:)

Token, Sep 25, 2015

2. In Windows 10 how can I delete homegroup password -- can't find old one

After upgrade in Windows 10, the homegroup password is lost -- how can I reset or delete the homegroup password?

James Rhyne, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Homegroup password cannot be found or reset

After the last W10 update I cannot find the Homegroup password on the computer from which the homegroup was set up, neither can I set up a new Homegroup.

I never get to an option which allows me to see the password. When I put in a gibberish password after a few mins searching it says "Windows no longer detects a homegroup on this network. To create a new homegroup click OK them open HomeGroup in the Control
    Panel". This does not work, no option is given to open a Homegroup.

Yet another W10 update problem.

Puzzled_very, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Token Win User

Token, Sep 25, 2015
  5. JOS
    jos Win User
    If you download and use Hiren v9.x Boot-CD you can delete the password in the register and start W10 without (I hope) as this worked for me in all Windows versions up to 8.

Thema:

1. Lost password, Homegroup inaccessible after W10 upgrade..what to do? - Similar Threads - Lost password Homegroup

2. Inaccessible Boot Device after Upgrading CPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible Boot Device after Upgrading CPU.: Recently I decided to upgrade my system since Microcenter was having a bundle sale. I had a spare case and PSU sitting around, so I built the new PC. When everything looked good, I powered the system on and it gave a blue screen error message stating...
  3. W10 lost boot password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 lost boot password: What's the best to recover or reset a logon password? 136545
  4. W10 lost boot password

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 lost boot password: What's the best to recover or reset a logon password? 136545
  5. Homegroup Password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Homegroup Password?: Where do I find my homegroup password? I can see questions on the forum but I don't know how to view the answers or replies. Thank you, Shirley https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup-password/c32b50ed-6076-46c1-a35a-bc5daae0a932
  6. How do you reset your homegroup password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you reset your homegroup password?: How do you reset your homegroup password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-you-reset-your-homegroup-password/e165dc6b-5c15-4036-8c0e-701bea71a646
  7. W10 Laptop lost start password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Laptop lost start password: Was OK but now it does not recognize my password. what to do? to start? BUT the same password works OK on my W10 PC !!! ......nick Home build, Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel, Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 95W 2.4GHz, OCZ Vendetta Cpu Cooler, 2x2GB, 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 800...
  8. Lost network/homegroup sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost network/homegroup sharing: I see the following error on both my HTPC and my desktop PC. Both running Win 10 pro 64 bit. I reinstalled the intel driver on bot machines but that did not work. I power cycled the cable modem and routher, that didn't work either. I tried the winsock series on CMDs...
  9. Homegroup Lost in Upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup Lost in Upgrade: Upgraded to Windows10. It tells me there IS homegroup and enter the password. When I try it tells me there is NO homegroup found. Ideally I'd like to just set up a new homegroup but I see no option to do that. In the alternative I'll take the old one but that isn't that...
  10. Mozilla lost bookmarks and passwords after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mozilla lost bookmarks and passwords after upgrade: Hey, Anybody else have the wonderful experience of losing all their bookmarks and their password database when they restarted Firefox after the update from Windows 7 (or any other version) -> Windows 10?? Yes, did create system image but did not preserve C:\users (->...