Windows 10: Lost Pinned Websites From Windows 8 Start Screen

Discus and support Lost Pinned Websites From Windows 8 Start Screen in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I upgraded to 10 all the pinned websites I had on my Win 8 startscreen disappeared. Can I get them back? I also want to upgrade a Win 7 machine.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by metrxseven, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Lost Pinned Websites From Windows 8 Start Screen

When I upgraded to 10 all the pinned websites I had on my Win 8 startscreen disappeared. Can I get them back? I also want to upgrade a Win 7 machine. Will my destop apps, shortcuts, and websites reappear in 10?

:)

metrxseven, Aug 6, 2015

2. Pinned sites lost from start menu

I just recently upgraded my Windows 8 to Windows 10. Before the upgrade had a LOT of websites pinned onto my start screen through Internet Explorer(they had built up over time and I forgot to go through them before the upgrade). Now since my laptop is on
    the new Windows 10 system not a single one of the pinned websites appears in the start screen area. I was able to import the favorites that were in the browser but I haven't seen the pins anywhere. What I'm wondering is did I really lose every single pin or
    are they in a different area? And if so how do I get them back to the start screen/area?

Original title: Pinned sites lost?

Vanessa King, Aug 6, 2015
  3. lost all sites that were pinned to start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you lost the pinned websites in the start menu of the Windows 8.1 after upgrading to Windows 10.

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, the start menu pinned data will be lost.

Note: Only option to get it back is to search the website and re-pin it to the start menu again in Windows 10. There is no option to restore it back which was pinned in Windows 8.1.

Keep us posted if you are facing any other issues with Windows further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Lost Pinned Websites From Windows 8 Start Screen

1. Lost Pinned Websites From Windows 8 Start Screen - Similar Threads - Lost Pinned Websites

2. Rename a Pinned Website?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename a Pinned Website?: Is there a way to rename a web site I pinned to the start screen? James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-a-pinned-website/95c5bd55-4701-402f-bb2d-116ab616f525
  3. Pin website to Start Page without success

Pin website to Start Page without success: I am trying to pin websites to my Desktop Start page without success. Please help? For example when I click on 'Pin this page to Start' it does not give me the next prompt. Some sites do work and others do not! Edge, WIN10...
  4. How to pin website to start

How to pin website to start: How do I pin a site (such as a company) to the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-website-to-start/6bb08dd8-f7aa-45bb-803e-f812163cb2fd
  5. How to pin a website to start window?

How to pin a website to start window?: How do I pin a specific website to my start menu in Windows 10? I was able to do it before but I can't do it now. Is there a limit to how many can be pinned to start menu? Thanks!...
  6. Bring back the Windows 8 Start Screen?

Bring back the Windows 8 Start Screen?: The Start Screen in Windows 8.1 is a masterpiece with its horisontal scroll and simplistic grouping. The Start Screen in Windows 10 is a mess with the mix of a Windows 7 style Start Menu and the vertical scroll of the tiles. Would there be any way to bring the Windows 8...
  7. Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen

Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen: Hi, Is there any way of restoring to the older Windows 8 style start screen? I was able to do this in the previous iteration of the preview, but unable to do it on the current 9926. Thanks 4238
  8. How to write a caption on 'Pin to Start' selected websites.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to write a caption on 'Pin to Start' selected websites.: On Win8.1 I could type out a caption for Start screen websites I pinned to the Start screen. With W10 it appears I can only click on the ... in the top right corner of the site select 'Pin to Start' but have no control over the title of the caption. I know I can save them to...
  9. Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start: My Start Screen very weird recently. I can't drag icon app to Start, I can't drag to organize app on Start, when I right click on app, only "More" appears, other options just gone, can anyone help me, it's so annoying. [img] [img] 41349
  10. Pin to Start a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin to Start a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: I'm finding this isn't working as expected. Bit of history first... This is something I wanted to do on my two W10 installs some while back. I asked on the forum (and it could of been Cliff or Edwin who replied... thanks guys always a great help in these matters) and the...