Windows 10: Lost Pinned Websites From Windows 8 Start Screen

Discus and support Lost Pinned Websites From Windows 8 Start Screen in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I upgraded to 10 all the pinned websites I had on my Win 8 startscreen disappeared. Can I get them back? I also want to upgrade a Win 7 machine.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by metrxseven, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Lost Pinned Websites From Windows 8 Start Screen

When I upgraded to 10 all the pinned websites I had on my Win 8 startscreen disappeared. Can I get them back? I also want to upgrade a Win 7 machine. Will my destop apps, shortcuts, and websites reappear in 10?

:)

metrxseven, Aug 6, 2015

2. Pinned sites lost from start menu

I just recently upgraded my Windows 8 to Windows 10. Before the upgrade had a LOT of websites pinned onto my start screen through Internet Explorer(they had built up over time and I forgot to go through them before the upgrade). Now since my laptop is on
    the new Windows 10 system not a single one of the pinned websites appears in the start screen area. I was able to import the favorites that were in the browser but I haven't seen the pins anywhere. What I'm wondering is did I really lose every single pin or
    are they in a different area? And if so how do I get them back to the start screen/area?

Original title: Pinned sites lost?

Vanessa King, Aug 6, 2015
  3. lost all sites that were pinned to start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you lost the pinned websites in the start menu of the Windows 8.1 after upgrading to Windows 10.

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, the start menu pinned data will be lost.

Note: Only option to get it back is to search the website and re-pin it to the start menu again in Windows 10. There is no option to restore it back which was pinned in Windows 8.1.

Keep us posted if you are facing any other issues with Windows further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Lost Pinned Websites From Windows 8 Start Screen

1. Lost Pinned Websites From Windows 8 Start Screen - Similar Threads - Lost Pinned Websites

2. Favicons on website tiles pinned to start screen keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favicons on website tiles pinned to start screen keep disappearing: Hello. I’m reposting this issue again, as responsesceased in my previous posting. I haverecently switched to Edge, but I keep losing the website icons on the websitetiles pinned to the start screen. Some research has revealed that the website iconsare not stored in Edge or...
  3. Launching website pinned to Start menu

Launching website pinned to Start menu: When I click on a web site I have on the "Start Menu", it does not take me to that web site. I have to click on the IE symbol on the task bar. WHY? This has happened since I got the latest update. ***Original Title: Start menu***...
  4. Website issue pinned to Start menu

Website issue pinned to Start menu: When I click on a web site I have on the "Start Menu", it does not take me to that web site. I have to click on the IE symbol on the task bar. WHY? This has happened since I got the latest update. ***Original Title: Start menu***...
  5. How to reset PIN from website?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to reset PIN from website?: So recently I got Minecraft Windows 10 edition and I wanted to use the same account I was using on my Nintendo Switch, so I signed in and it asked me to set up Windows Hello. If I didn't, it wouldn't signed me in. So I tried, but it asked me for my PIN which I don't remember...
  6. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  7. How to pin website to start

How to pin website to start: How do I pin a site (such as a company) to the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-website-to-start/6bb08dd8-f7aa-45bb-803e-f812163cb2fd
  8. How to pin a website to start window?

How to pin a website to start window?: How do I pin a specific website to my start menu in Windows 10? I was able to do it before but I can't do it now. Is there a limit to how many can be pinned to start menu? Thanks!...
  9. Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start: My Start Screen very weird recently. I can't drag icon app to Start, I can't drag to organize app on Start, when I right click on app, only "More" appears, other options just gone, can anyone help me, it's so annoying. [img] [img] 41349
  10. Pin to Start a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin to Start a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Pin to Start a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to 'Pin to Start' a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer,...