Windows 10: Lost preview

Discus and support Lost preview in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hovering the mouse over the folder icon on the task bar brings up icons of all the open folders. Before I changed something I used to be able to move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by larrydonline, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Lost preview

Hovering the mouse over the folder icon on the task bar brings up icons of all the open folders. Before I changed something I used to be able to move the mouse to hover over one of those icons and it would show an enlarged version of that icon so I could easily read the data there. Now I no longer get that enlarged icon but I don't know what was changed to stop it from working. Help please.

:)

larrydonline, Dec 8, 2017

2. th2_release Pro 10525 - Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Eval Copy build 10515

Is this a new preview build? Looks like I went backwards! Lost Canon printer menus

MorrisTate, Dec 8, 2017
  3. OneLagoon Win User
    Image preview in File Explorer - Windows 10

Got it Unchecked, but option to Preview not available. I use this option often, but lost it. How can it be turned on/off...??

OneLagoon, Dec 8, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Lost preview

Brink, Dec 8, 2017
  5. Thanks a lot Brink. It was the second one that helped. I had changed from custom performance settings to best performance. That changed disabled "peek" which is what I needed to get back the view I want. I just couldn't remember what I had changed until I saw the list again under custom performance.

larrydonline, Dec 8, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad it was able to help.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost preview

1. Lost preview - Similar Threads - Lost preview

2. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  3. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  4. lost access to Advanced threat & detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost access to Advanced threat & detection: Hello,Following a reset of my laptop, I no longer have access to Advanced Threat & Detection on my personal laptop. I can’t perform scans or take action to remediate possible issues.After the reset, I encountered a strange issue. After the first reset, I was asked to register...
  5. lost access to Advanced threat & detection

lost access to Advanced threat & detection: Hello,Following a reset of my laptop, I no longer have access to Advanced Threat & Detection on my personal laptop. I can’t perform scans or take action to remediate possible issues.After the reset, I encountered a strange issue. After the first reset, I was asked to register...
  6. I lost my task bar how do I restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my task bar how do I restore: I lost my task bar how do I restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-task-bar-how-do-i-restore/87613d02-cb53-4124-bd1f-07366a202558
  7. After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio: After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-11-pro-insider-preview-update-on/62b7f9a1-b160-4dda-a23f-d34dafbe9398
  8. After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio

After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio: After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-11-pro-insider-preview-update-on/62b7f9a1-b160-4dda-a23f-d34dafbe9398
  9. I lost my lifetime license from technical preview

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I lost my lifetime license from technical preview: I have windows 10 since 2014 when it was technical preview. Microsoft made an announcement that people like me will have a lifetime license as insider preview. Can this be lost? until now the windows turn on alone when I log in but now it does not happen again....
  10. Build 10158 - loses Office 2016 Preview (no data lost though)

Build 10158 - loses Office 2016 Preview (no data lost though): Hi there I needed to re-install Office 2016 Preview again after updating to build 10158. - Didn't lose any data (Outlook 2016 for example uses same data files as Office 2010 which remains installed). Not a serious issue - but could flummix a few people. Simply...