Windows 10: Lost Profile

Discus and support Lost Profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HELP Booted computer today and it go to temp. profile to open? How do I get my profile back? All suggestions welcome *cry 33555 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by zplugger, Dec 11, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

Lost Profile

HELP
    Booted computer today and it go to temp. profile to open? How do I get my profile back? All suggestions welcome *cry

:)

zplugger, Dec 11, 2015

2. Lost local profile

I did an update to windows 10 today 12/17/17 and noticed that when I logged in my desktop everything was missing. I searched and found outlook but it said I have to create a new account . My files, pdf's and other files and shortcuts were missing. UUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
    Its as if it reset itself to new again. This is so frustrating HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

JoseJaquez, Dec 11, 2015
  3. Lost local profile

Hi Jose,

We have received several reports of missing apps after installing Fall Creators Update. That is why we have come up with some workarounds. To resolve this issue, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Meliton Dec

here

Let us know if the troubleshooting steps resolved all your concerns.

Dennis Mop, Dec 11, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Lost Profile

Brink, Dec 11, 2015
  5. zplugger Win User
    Thank You for the info

zplugger, Dec 11, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Dec 11, 2015
  7. Xenia Win User
    Hello,

I installed Windows 10 a few days ago and today when I opened my PC I got the message "You have been signed in with a temporary profile". Looking for help I found this forum, the link given goes to:
    You've been signed in with a temporary profile - Fix
    This is for Windows 8. Does it work for Windows 10 in the same way?

Thanks for advice in advance!

Xenia, Dec 19, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Lost Profile

Hello Xenia, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Yes, it's the same in Windows 10.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost Profile

1. Lost Profile - Similar Threads - Lost Profile

2. Lost files after temp profile fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost files after temp profile fix: Hi, I just came across Windows 10 temp profile problem. When I was in the Temp profile, I can see that the files in my original profile are intact. And then I did the recommended fix by removing bak after the original profile SID in registry, after that I can login back my...
  3. Lost files after temp profile fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost files after temp profile fix: Hi, I just came across Windows 10 temp profile problem. When I was in the Temp profile, I can see that the files in my original profile are intact. And then I did the recommended fix by removing bak after the original profile SID in registry, after that I can login back my...
  4. Lost files after temp profile fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Please Help I lost my user profile and it is showing up as Account Unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help I lost my user profile and it is showing up as Account Unknown: hello! i wanted to change my c/users/username and in order to do so i switched my current microsoft account to a local one and created a new local account and changed the name. afterwards i accidentally deleted my original user account. it is still showing up in the c/users...
  6. Please Help I lost my user profile and it is showing up as Account Unknown

Please Help I lost my user profile and it is showing up as Account Unknown: hello! i wanted to change my c/users/username and in order to do so i switched my current microsoft account to a local one and created a new local account and changed the name. afterwards i accidentally deleted my original user account. it is still showing up in the c/users...
  7. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile': Most folders and files under c:\users\xxxxx\ is either empty or completely missing. No trace anywhere! This issue is haunting lot of our users. The old fix of restoring through regedit winnt\profilelist doesn't help. I would like to know the root cause of this issue as we...
  8. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile': Most folders and files under c:\users\xxxxx\ is either empty or completely missing. No trace anywhere! This issue is haunting lot of our users. The old fix of restoring through regedit winnt\profilelist doesn't help. I would like to know the root cause of this issue as we...
  9. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Win 11 Profiles lost every time I restart Windows 11

Win 11 Profiles lost every time I restart Windows 11: Win 11 Profiles lost every time I restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-profiles-lost-every-time-i-restart-windows/00d43ec7-9e73-4a86-8d21-86ca06120192